ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Bobby Keys a Rolling Stone? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
20th November 2007 04:48 PM
steel driving hammer I think maybe.
20th November 2007 04:50 PM
gimmekeef Not officially as that club is only 4...In terms of sort of next in line I would say Daryl..then Chuck and Bobby but it will never expand past 4 now....
20th November 2007 04:52 PM
pdog
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
I think maybe.

Are you saying you find him appealing or want to have sex with him?
20th November 2007 04:54 PM
steel driving hammer Ok, enoughs enough.

I think that fat bastard deserves to be a Stone.

Chuck still has alot of work to do.

20th November 2007 05:03 PM
pdog
quote:
Ok, enoughs enough.

I think that fat bastard deserves to be a Stone.

Chuck still has alot of work to do.

I agree, Bobby and Stu are both Stones in my mind!

If you get weirded out by the gay feelings, they have gay rehabs...

20th November 2007 05:10 PM
gypsy I'd say yes, Bobby Keys is a Stone.
20th November 2007 05:16 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I'd say yes, Bobby Keys is a Stone.

Yeah I would too babe.

Wanna fuck?
20th November 2007 05:31 PM
gypsy
quote:

Yeah I would too babe.

Wanna fuck?

You don't beat around the bush, do you?
20th November 2007 05:34 PM
pdog Oh my god, like ten crass comments went through my mind from the last two posts...
what is happening to me...?
20th November 2007 06:02 PM
andrews27 I miss Nicky Hopkins, underappreciated on Goats Head Soup (Angie, Comin' Down Again). He's an important influence on the sound of 60s-into-70s records.
[Edited by andrews27]
20th November 2007 06:33 PM
texile
yes
20th November 2007 06:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
I think maybe.

Dont be silly.

If theres a 5th 'unofficial' Stone these days, its a Canadian with a beard who isnt even a musician.
20th November 2007 06:42 PM
fireontheplatter listen to the second half of cyhmk...that should answer your question.
in my world, he has been a member ever since that song came out.
20th November 2007 06:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Dont be silly.

If theres a 5th 'unofficial' Stone these days, its a Canadian with a beard who isnt even a musician.

Gazza ...........................

That is what my friends and myself call " Brazen Head Postin' " !!!!!!

You are POSTIN' !!!!!

JJJJJJJACKY !

20th November 2007 06:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
listen to the second half of cyhmk...that should answer your question.
in my world, he has been a member ever since that song came out.

What - even during the 16 year spell in between when they dropped him?
20th November 2007 06:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

Gazza ...........................

That is what my friends and myself call " Brazen Head Postin' " !!!!!!

You are POSTIN' !!!!!

JJJJJJJACKY !

I'm deadly serious. If anything, the Stones these days are driven primarily by Jagger and Cohl, IMO
20th November 2007 06:52 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

What - even during the 16 year spell in between when they dropped him?

yes, i think so...otherwise he wouldn't have been asked/invited back.

bobby is the real big man
20th November 2007 06:57 PM
Gazza Thats a good deal. Being a Stone and not being used by the band on the road for a decade and a half and when you DO play, they use you for about a third of the show.

Meanwhile, Leavell has been a permanent fixture now for 25 years. He's actually onstage more than Jagger is. Guess he's a Stone too.
[Edited by Gazza]
20th November 2007 07:07 PM
Bloozehound Keys has always been a Stone
20th November 2007 08:22 PM
gimmekeef Keith..Mick.. Charlie.....Thats it...Ronnie and the rest
21st November 2007 09:07 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'm deadly serious. If anything, the Stones these days are driven primarily by Jagger and Cohl, IMO

What about Charlie Watts ?!

I do not believe Keith could live / play without him ........

Discuss .......

21st November 2007 11:58 AM
Fuck! to me he is a rolling stone, he's just as old as keith is, he's done just as much drugs as keith did and he makes the stones sound the stones with his great sound and playing, without Bobby, Bitch, CYHMN, live with me and brown sugar would sound awful! bobby is a great guy with a stones attitude... he's a great guy, i met him a few times in Amsterdam...

Fuck!
21st November 2007 07:02 PM
Jaggedblues I'd say Bobby is absolutely as much of a Stone as one can possibly be without being an official member.

It would never happen in a million years but if the band were to ever dump all the backups they'd sure as hell still keep Bobby. Yeah he's a Stone.
22nd November 2007 03:57 AM
corgi37 Bobby is as much a Stone as Ollie Brown.
22nd November 2007 08:15 PM
real wild child Bobby is NOT a Stone,I agree he was around the time the Stones were at their best but donīt get confused not because now itīs the only survivor (for an outsider musician) of that period he can be considered as a member.69-73 was his best time in the group and the only "recent" work for the Stones is to play Brown Sugar and Tumbling Dice for the last 25 years.Only Stu and Nicky Hopkins can be considered members for their influence and their amazing performances on records and concerts.Actually,I think Chuck or even Darryl are the logical "member" option.
23rd November 2007 07:11 AM
Honky Tonk Man I don't even see the point of his discussion. Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie are The Rolling Stones. Everyone else on stage are sidemen, no matter how great their contribution may be.
23rd November 2007 07:21 AM
charlotte gee gazza...mick has to take a piss break...and what a good time for it, when about 14,000 do also
23rd November 2007 08:22 AM
guitarman53 To me, being A Rolling Stone is being a member of the group, one of the 5 guys, when Mick Taylor left, before Ronnie, they were looking at Harvey Mandel, Wayne Perkins, Jeff Beck & believe it or not, Leslie West, he (Leslie) mentioned that he certainly was no skinny guy to be in The Stones, Image was very important too, maybe it doesn't matter nowadays, it even went as far as Stu didn't fit in with the bands image, so he wasn't offically in the group, he was always there in the background playing fantastic boogie piano, & as a roadie, but to be pictured in with the group's shots, there's just the offical members.
Here is another Bio I found on the net. http://www.wwwk.co.uk/people/musicians/profiles/r/rolling-stones.htm
The Rolling Stones Biography
23rd November 2007 09:20 AM
Lord (Hetero) IMO BobbyK is much more a Stone than Darryl or Chucky
23rd November 2007 02:00 PM
Gazza There are only eight Rolling Stones.

The current four plus Bill, Brian, Mick T and Stu.

To consider a sideman as a 'Stone' just because he's been a hired hand for a certain number of years is nonsensical.

You could make a stronger argument for guys like Dick Taylor who WERE actually in the band before they got a record deal.
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)