ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jack White guests with Bob Dylan (and other Dylan stuff) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
30th October 2007 11:54 AM
Ade nice setlist!.... i shall be released!

monday Oct 29th Oct:-

1. Cat's in the Well
2. Lay Lady Lay
3. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
4. You're a Big Girl Now
5. Rollin' and Tumblin'
6. Spirit on the Water
7. Cry A-While
8. Workingman Blues #2
9. Things Have Changed
10. Under the Red Sky
11. Highway 61
12. Ain't Talkin'
13. Summer Days
14. Like a Rolling Stone

Encore
15. I Shall Be Released (with Elvis Costello and Amos Lee each taking a verse on vocals, both singing harmony on the chorus)
16. Thunder on the Mountatin
17. All Along the Watchtower
31st October 2007 09:15 AM
Lil Brian Omaha, Nebraska
Qwest Center
October 26, 2007

1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
2. Lay, Lady, Lay
3. Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
4. Love Sick
5. The Levee's Gonna Break
6. Girl Of The North Country
7. Honest With Me
8. Spirit On The Water
9. High Water (For Charlie Patton)
10. Workingman's Blues #2
11. Highway 61 Revisited
12. Ain't Talkin'
13. Summer Days
14. Ballad Of A Thin Man

(encore)
15. Thunder On The Mountain
16. Blowin' In The Wind
1st November 2007 05:41 PM
Martha 4. You're a Big Girl Now

Did you see that??????????? My prayers and hopes were answered! I GOT my song wish....and it was stunning. Sung like a hymn. The stage was bathed in orange light.....Bob changed up a few of the lyrics....and I have been released. I will never forget the moment I realized he was starting to play the song I'd so hoped to get. Blown away is an understatement.

Sorry I didn't see you at the show LB. I looked at your section several times but couldn't find you. :-(

xxoo,
Martha
1st November 2007 05:54 PM
Joey
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
Omaha, Nebraska
Qwest Center
October 26, 2007

1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
2. Lay, Lady, Lay
3. Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
4. Love Sick
5. The Levee's Gonna Break
6. Girl Of The North Country
7. Honest With Me
8. Spirit On The Water
9. High Water (For Charlie Patton)
10. Workingman's Blues #2
11. Highway 61 Revisited
12. Ain't Talkin'
13. Summer Days
14. Ballad Of A Thin Man

(encore)
15. Thunder On The Mountain
16. Blowin' In The Wind

Sorry we missed you at " Mr. Toads " Lil' Brian ....

We had a wonderful dinner at this fabulous " Sushi Place " and then " Off to the Races " .

Elvis Costello ROCKED !!!!! ... No ?!

" Watching the Detectives Ronnie ! "

'kins.

1st November 2007 06:00 PM
Joey " The Omaha show was nice (highlight for me being "Ain't Talkin'"). I stopped by Mr. Toad's but I must have been running too late and missed the Joey. Last I heard Martha was heading to Chicago. Both my buddies enjoyed the show. "

2nd November 2007 11:39 AM
Martha
quote:
Joey wrote:
" The Omaha show was nice (highlight for me being "Ain't Talkin'"). I stopped by Mr. Toad's but I must have been running too late and missed the Joey. Last I heard Martha was heading to Chicago. Both my buddies enjoyed the show. "

Your Qwest Center is gorgeous Joey. Nice venue. I could see it from the Courtyard by Marriot hotel room....from my bed. It was glowing right in front of me all night long. Each time I looked at it.....I couldn't stop giggling!

Seeing you was a joy! Thank you for spendoing time with us. Dinner wasfabulous. And......I am so happy you loved the show. I don't feel bad that I begged you to go now! :-)

I'll be back......and you must come to me for a show at my Red Rocks Ampitheater. Indeed!

The Stones need to throw down and do a Blues based tour...hitting ALL the cool ass venues....like Red Rocks, The Ryman, etc., and give the people what they NEED!

"Ain't Talkin'" is a great song, my fav off Modern Times. The Qwest show was the first time I've gotten it live. We share that honor darlin'. ;-)

peace out,
Martha
2nd November 2007 12:42 PM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:

Your Qwest Center is gorgeous Joey. Nice venue. I could see it from the Courtyard by Marriot hotel room....from my bed. It was glowing right in front of me all night long. Each time I looked at it.....I couldn't stop giggling!

Seeing you was a joy! Thank you for spendoing time with us. Dinner wasfabulous. And......I am so happy you loved the show. I don't feel bad that I begged you to go now! :-)

I'll be back......and you must come to me for a show at my Red Rocks Ampitheater. Indeed!

The Stones need to throw down and do a Blues based tour...hitting ALL the cool ass venues....like Red Rocks, The Ryman, etc., and give the people what they NEED!

"Ain't Talkin'" is a great song, my fav off Modern Times. The Qwest show was the first time I've gotten it live. We share that honor darlin'. ;-)

peace out,
Martha

Amen My Stonesian Queen !!!!

I have NEVER seen a concert at " Red Rocks " and I hope to catch ' Steely Dan ' there next summer .....and see Chris & Yourself , of course !!!!!!!

I had to ' pass ' on their August 2006 Red Rocks gig as my sister was getting married that weekend. Damn .

" Every Day I Write the Book Ronnie ! "

'kins , Est. 1999
2nd November 2007 03:25 PM
Martha What Elvis CD do you crave my Prince? I am about to submit a large order to my music club. ;-)

Radio Radio!

xxxxxxooooooo,
Martha
3rd November 2007 04:44 PM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:
What Elvis CD do you crave my Prince? I am about to submit a large order to my music club. ;-)

Radio Radio!

xxxxxxooooooo,
Martha

Hello My Stonesian Queen ..................

I do not have ANY Elvis ..... do you know which disc is the best ?!

BTW ---- that new Eagles album is quite good ( .. only one new Joe Walsh song though -- I guess he must have writer's block [ see : The MaxLugar ] )

Developing ..........................

Joeykins . Est , 1999

4th November 2007 02:05 AM
parmeda I'm glad to see you made it back in one piece, Martha!

We hung around the lobby after the show trying to find you and Mr. C... I wanted to at least give you two a ride back to your hotel. (And my luck, my damn cell went dead, or I would have called and hunted you down.) I do hope you grabbed a cab...

It was so good to see you again and I do wish you would have allowed me to drag you over to 'the bus' to pound on the windows at least, lol. But, I do understand why you didn't want to. Next time, I'm not listening to you. I'll drag you kicking and screaming
4th November 2007 12:05 PM
Martha I'm so sorry we didn't catch up with you after the show Pam. We were talking with someone we met who had been sitting next to us for a bit then came out to the lobby. I looked around for you. Then I bought a shirt and we hung around chatting with people we've met who follow Bob. Walked back to the Hotel, but that was good too. Being in the car for 2,200 plus miles gave us need to do some walking in between. We did take a cab back with my Mother the next night though. ;-)

Bob wasn't in his tour bus, I found this out when I talked with security the next evening. He was inside the venue so pounding on his bus wouldn't have done anything for us anyhoo. ;-)

I absolutely LOVE the photo you emailed me. I don't know how to post it.....can you put it in this thread for me? I printed it out and put it on my hall of fame (the fridge) next to the photo of you and LJ. I smile every time I see them both. :-)

We'll ROCK again......somehow someway....and to The Stones. I would jump on them....especially Ronnie Cakes! :-)

Great to see you again!

xxoo,
Martha

4th November 2007 12:06 PM
Martha
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hello My Stonesian Queen ..................

I do not have ANY Elvis ..... do you know which disc is the best ?!

BTW ---- that new Eagles album is quite good ( .. only one new Joe Walsh song though -- I guess he must have writer's block [ see : The MaxLugar ] )

Developing ..........................

Joeykins . Est , 1999

I will immediately work on an Elvis starter kit pkg. for you.....developing!!!!!

Only 1 Joe Walsh song???????????? Pity's sake!

xxoo,
MM
4th November 2007 07:05 PM
Joey " I will immediately work on an Elvis starter kit pkg. for you.....developing!!!!! "

Bless You My Stonesian Queen --- You are much loved by Joey .

" Only 1 Joe Walsh song???????????? Pity's sake! "

Yes , but the ' Henley / Frey ' material is EXCELLENT !!!!

BEST HENLEY/FREY YET !!!!!!!!!!!

H.R. Puffin Joe !
4th November 2007 08:25 PM
parmeda
quote:
Martha wrote:
I absolutely LOVE the photo you emailed me. I don't know how to post it.....can you put it in this thread for me? I printed it out and put it on my hall of fame (the fridge) next to the photo of you and LJ. I smile every time I see them both. :-)

...ask and you shall receive
And yes, this IS a great picture.

I love your 'hall of fame'...LMAO!

(Folks - that's our Martha under the marquee in her blue coat, btw...)

As far as Mr. Dylan not being in the bus - hey, it would have been worth the try. Next time...oh yeah, we're going for it!

5th November 2007 04:58 PM
Martha
quote:
parmeda wrote:

...ask and you shall receive
And yes, this IS a great picture.

I love your 'hall of fame'...LMAO!

(Folks - that's our Martha under the marquee in her blue coat, btw...)

As far as Mr. Dylan not being in the bus - hey, it would have been worth the try. Next time...oh yeah, we're going for it!

Thank you for posting the shot Pam. I LOVE it. What a spectacular venue. Next time, okay here's the deal...I can't jump on Bob's bus ther's no way I can go there, but I will watch you, although I may chicken out at the last minute. Doh! Ask Gary, he knows why I cannot do any bus jumping when it comes to Bob. ;-)

And what do I find in my mailbox today.....a pkg., from my second favorite Bob. I am overjoyed....if I could call you Bob, I would have done so the minute I brought the pkg., (which was stapled shut on one end) into the house. I am listening to last Monday's show right now......and it sounds incredible. I still cannot believe the set list we got that night.

Thank you so much....I am gonna have to send you a a factory full of supplies!!!!!

" I hope that you can hear, hear me singing through my tears"

Tonight Neil Young plays night one of two at a small theater in Denver (Wells Fargo) where we caught Jeff Beck last year. Should be a fantastic show. Wish you were ALL here to rock with me.

xxoo,
Martha
5th November 2007 04:59 PM
Martha
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I will immediately work on an Elvis starter kit pkg. for you.....developing!!!!! "

Bless You My Stonesian Queen --- You are much loved by Joey .

" Only 1 Joe Walsh song???????????? Pity's sake! "

Yes , but the ' Henley / Frey ' material is EXCELLENT !!!!

BEST HENLEY/FREY YET !!!!!!!!!!!

H.R. Puffin Joe !

I heard the Walsh cut spinnin' on XM yesterday. I love Joe's sound.

Will they play Red Rocks next year? If so, are you HERE????

xxoo,
MM

That's a big 10-4
6th November 2007 03:24 PM
Gazza

7th November 2007 10:56 AM
Ade great stuff- thanks
7th November 2007 11:52 AM
Martha Haven't seen this air. Thanks Gary!!!

xxoo,
MM
15th November 2007 03:27 AM
Ade this weeks show is entitled 'Smoking'

and yes, it's smokin' !

01 Opening
02 Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! That Cigarette - Tex Williams & His Western Caravan
03 "Tobacco"
04 Lipstick Traces On A Cigarette - The O'Jays
05 "Tobacco Auctioneer"
06 Dim Lights, Thick Smoke And Loud Loud Music - Joe Maphis & Rose Lee
07 "Double Neck Joe"
08 Reefer Man - Baron Lee
09 "T-Bone on Line 2"
10 The Weed - Steve Purdy & The Studs
11 "Nicotine Fits"
12 More Cigarettes - The Replacements
13 "Smokin' Women"
14 Smoking Woman On The Street - Reverand J.M. Gates
15 "Lucky Strike & Virginia Slims"
16 "Peace Pipe"
17 Smoke Rings - Sam Cooke
18 "Smoke Rings and The Duke"
19 Chew Tobacco Rag - Billy Brigs
20 "Cuspidors"
21 "Smoking" - John Cusack
22 Nicotine - Paul Chaplain & The Emeralds
23 "The Marlboro Man"
24 Smokin' In The Boys Room - Brownsville Station
25 "Cub Koda"
26 "Winstone" - Fred & Barney
27 "Let It All Hang Out(Snippet)" - The Hombres
28 Cigareets, Whuskey And Wild, Wild Women - Red Ingle & The Natural Seven
29 "Cigarettes"
30 Cigarette - The Visions
31 "Edie Adams"
32 "Tobacco Road" The Book
33 Tobacco Road - John D. Loudermilk
34 Closing/End Credits
20th November 2007 03:43 AM
Ade Bob And Jack to record together??

http://www.nme.com/news/bob-dylan/32607

White Stripes' pal says a legendary collaboration is on the way

The White Stripes' frontman Jack White could be set to record with Bob Dylan.

The pair could be set for a new music collaboration after a series of link-ups.

White has joined Dylan onstage before and contributed to the legend's radio show.

Most recently White has being recording on some unfinished Hank Williams songs for a project Dylan is co-ordinating.

On that project White worked with Steppin' In It bassist Dominic Suchyta, an old friend, and he believed there is every chance of the White Stripe and Dylan recording together in the future.

"I wouldn't put it past either of them. They seem to be cut from the same cloth, sort of misplaced Midwestern brothers," he told Paste magazine. "I do know Jack has joined him on stage quite a bit and joined him for his radio show. When we were high school teenagers, we recorded quite a few Dylan tunes on our old four-track reel machine."

He added: "I remember having a nice version of 'Masters Of War' on some cassette somewhere. Jack played drums and guitar, I played bass and guitar."
20th November 2007 07:58 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ade wrote:

"White Stripes' pal says a legendary collaboration is on the way"

"I wouldn't put it past either of them. They seem to be cut from the same cloth, sort of misplaced Midwestern brothers," he told Paste magazine. "I do know Jack has joined him on stage quite a bit and joined him for his radio show.

Its a bit of a stretch for a headline to state "something is "on the way"" based on a quote that merely states "I wouldn't put it past them"
20th November 2007 08:15 PM
Martha I heard a rumor that Bob is heading into the studio during his time-off from touring. Anyone know where the hell he is right now?

;-)
25th November 2007 06:21 PM
PartyDoll MEG Anyone besides me see "I'm Not There" yet?

Thoroughly enjoyed this off the wall movie. And besides the music is really terrific I will definitely see it again.

If you are going with the idea to learn something about Dylan's life -skip it! There is no story line..Just watch "No Direction Home"

This is pure whimsy with Dylan songs, lyrics, and quotes interspersed throughout. The Dylan expert (Gazza?) will love it. The six Dylan characters are playing different aspects of his life and writing, all in a very artsy-fartsy, creative style.

Curious to see what others thought..
26th November 2007 12:22 PM
Martha I saw it this weekend Meg, and I have to report that didn't really like it all that much. Thought I'd like it a lot from viewing the trailer, but the film didn't take me anywhere interesting. I realized what I missed was Bob's humor and impishness....also his charisma, with the exception of Blanchett's role.

Well at least the title fits, he really wasn't there.

There were moments that worked well, but there was a lot of shot death. I keep asking myself, who did Todd make this movie for?, in terms of his audience. Not me.

Who else caught the film? I'm interested in other's take on it.

peace,
Martha
29th November 2007 03:45 AM
Ade this weeks TTRH show, is entitled 'Dreams'

here's the rather lovely ,running order:-

01 Opening/Darn That Dream - Dinah Washington
02 All I Have To Do Is Dream - The Everly Brothers
03 "Chet Atkins"
04 The Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Tony Bennett
05 "Dream Poet"
06 I've Got Dreams To Remember - Otis Redding
07 Phone Call
08 "Dream-Like Voices"
09 In Dreams - Roy Orbison
10 "Common Dreams and Nightmares"
11 Weird Nightmare - Charles Mingus
12 "Famous Dreams"
13 "The Feaster Brothers"
14 Sh-Boom - The Chords
15 "Remembering Dreams"
16 When I Stop Dreaming - The Louvin Brothers
17 "Ira Louvin"
18 Daydream - The Lovin' Spoonful
19 "Daydreaming"
20 Do You Keep On Dreaming? - The Cherry Pies
21 "Aunt Sally's Dream Book"
22 Just A Dream (On My Mind) - Big Bill Broonzy
23 "A Letter"
24 When I Grow Too Old To Dream - Arnett Cobb
25 "Per Chance To Dream" - Marianne Faithful
26 Innocent When You Dream - Tom Waits
27 Closing/End Credits
29th November 2007 10:52 AM
Martha
quote:
Ade wrote:
this weeks TTRH show, is entitled 'Dreams'

here's the rather lovely ,running order:-

01 Opening/Darn That Dream - Dinah Washington
02 All I Have To Do Is Dream - The Everly Brothers
03 "Chet Atkins"
04 The Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Tony Bennett
05 "Dream Poet"
06 I've Got Dreams To Remember - Otis Redding
07 Phone Call
08 "Dream-Like Voices"
09 In Dreams - Roy Orbison
10 "Common Dreams and Nightmares"
11 Weird Nightmare - Charles Mingus
12 "Famous Dreams"
13 "The Feaster Brothers"
14 Sh-Boom - The Chords
15 "Remembering Dreams"
16 When I Stop Dreaming - The Louvin Brothers
17 "Ira Louvin"
18 Daydream - The Lovin' Spoonful
19 "Daydreaming"
20 Do You Keep On Dreaming? - The Cherry Pies
21 "Aunt Sally's Dream Book"
22 Just A Dream (On My Mind) - Big Bill Broonzy
23 "A Letter"
24 When I Grow Too Old To Dream - Arnett Cobb
25 "Per Chance To Dream" - Marianne Faithful
26 Innocent When You Dream - Tom Waits
27 Closing/End Credits

I listened all day and evening long. Excellent show. Bob got on his soap box about kids and parents! I love him.

Where do you get this track-list each week Ade?

xxoo,
MM
29th November 2007 10:58 AM
jb Way too long a thread...enough already.
29th November 2007 11:11 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:
Way too long a thread...enough already.

Josh, since your return, the quality of you contributions have dramatically improved. I recommend another lengthy time off - you're close to 100% of reader interest...

Martha, one place the lists can be found is on the Hunger City tracker where tbuick6 and charlespoet upload the episodes weekly...

here's the "dreams" thread (membership required) -
http://www.hungercity.org/details.php?id=5499
29th November 2007 11:13 AM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
Way too long a thread...enough already.

Thanks for adding your 2 cents jb! Keep it going!

xxoo,
MM
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)