ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jack White guests with Bob Dylan (and other Dylan stuff) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
20th September 2007 11:26 PM
Martha Last night in Nashville.........

Nashville, Tennessee
Ryman Auditorium
September 19, 2007

1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat (Bob on electric guitar)
2. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (Bob on electric guitar)
3. Watching The River Flow (Bob on electric guitar)
4. You're A Big Girl Now (Bob on electric keyboard and harp)
5. The Levee's Gonna Break
(Bob on electric keyboard, Donnie on electric mandolin)
6. Spirit On The Water (Bob on electric keyboard and harp)
7. Desolation Row (Bob on electric keyboard and harp, Donnie on electric mandolin)
8. Workingman's Blues #2 (Bob on electric keyboard)
9. Things Have Changed (Bob on electric keyboard, Donnie on violin)
10. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
(Bob on electric keyboard)
11. Meet Me In The Morning (first live concert performance)
(Bob on electric guitar and vocals, Jack White on electric guitar and vocals)
12. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on electric keyboard)
13. Nettie Moore (Bob on electric keyboard, Donnie on violin)
14. Summer Days (Bob on electric keyboard)
15. Masters Of War (Bob on electric keyboard)

(encore)
16. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on electric keyboard)
17. Blowin' In The Wind (Bob on electric keyboard and harp)

(Thanks to Ed and Michelle for the phone call.)

Band Members
Bob Dylan - electric guitar, keyboard, harp
Tony Garnier - bass
George Recile - drums
Stu Kimball - rhythm guitar
Denny Freeman - lead guitar
Donnie Herron - violin, electric mandolin, pedal steel, lap steel

page by Bill Pagel
[email protected]
21st September 2007 12:17 AM
MikeyC613 i can't believe he's never played meet me in the morning. that song is unbelievable. blood on the tracks is bob's let it bleed, for me.
21st September 2007 02:52 AM
pdog with Meg not able to tour... He's probably going nuts. i'm glad Jack is playing. Maybe we'll get some Racs shit sooner...
21st September 2007 04:32 AM
GimmeExile That's cool, but he was supposed to be playing to me that night at the L.A. Forum!

[Edited by GimmeExile]
21st September 2007 06:29 AM
Ade the 2nd night in Nashville
got Outlaw Blues, (live debut)
with Jackie White, on guitar/vocal duties
[Edited by Ade]
21st September 2007 07:52 AM
Gazza Fuck me pink!!! 'Outlaw Blues' Whatever next? 'Wigwam' ?

With those 2 choices, it sounds like he's doing a round-up of the songs on some of his best albums that have never been played live.

Maybe he'll finally play 'From a Buick Six' then.

Our mate SonicDreamer from IORR went over to the 1st Nashville show from London, and got a few nice surprises. Firstly an opening set from Elvis Costello (who wasnt scheduled to join the tour for a few days yet) and then Jack White's guest appearance.
21st September 2007 08:18 AM
PartyDoll MEG Sure be nice if Jack could just follow Bob around for another few weeks!!

Wouldn't get any complaints from me....
21st September 2007 08:56 AM
Ade he lives in Nashville, so i'd imagine that why he's been at the last 2 shows.
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, for you, though Meg
21st September 2007 10:57 AM
Martha Night 2! Dear gawd, what a set-list!!! I MUST have these shows the minute they circulate! I don't know who's taping this tour.

I WILL drag Joey to the Qwest Center!

Someone (Joeys Keeper) please remind me I said that! ;-)

xxoo,
MM
---------------------------

Nashville, Tennessee
Ryman Auditorium
September 20, 2007

1. Cat's In The Well (Bob on electric guitar)
2. Lay, Lady, Lay (Bob on electric guitar)
3. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight (Bob on electric guitar)
4. Rollin' And Tumblin' (Bob on electric guitar, Donnie on electric mandolin)
5. Workingman's Blues #2 (Bob on electric keyboard)
6. High Water (For Charlie Patton)
(Bob on electric keyboard, Donnie on banjo)
7. Spirit On The Water (Bob on electric keyboard and harp)
8. Tangled Up In Blue (Bob on electric keyboard and harp)
9. One More Cup Of Coffee (Valley Below)
(Bob on electric keyboard and vocals, Jack White on electric guitar and vocals)
10. Outlaw Blues (first live concert performance)
(Bob on electric keyboard and harp, Jack White on electric guitar did vocals)
11. 'Til I Fell In Love With You (Bob on electric keyboard and harp)
12. When The Deal Goes Down (Bob on electric keyboard)
13. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
(Bob on electric keyboard)
14. Ain't Talkin' (Bob on electric keyboard, Donnie on violin)
15. Summer Days (Bob on electric keyboard)
16. Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob on electric keyboard and harp)

(encore)
17. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on electric keyboard)
18. I Shall Be Released (Bob on electric keyboard)

(Thanks to Ed and Michelle for the phone call.)
21st September 2007 11:28 AM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
with Meg not able to tour... He's probably going nuts. i'm glad Jack is playing. Maybe we'll get some Racs shit sooner...

Odd that she has performance anxiety!
21st September 2007 11:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
Martha wrote:
9. One More Cup Of Coffee (Valley Below)
(Bob on electric keyboard and vocals, Jack White on electric guitar and vocals)
10. Outlaw Blues (first live concert performance)

'One More Cup of Coffee' is a major rarity in it's own right. I would imagine it's been played no more than about half a dozen times since 1978.
21st September 2007 11:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:

There's a joke in there somewhere, but I'll pass....
21st September 2007 11:57 AM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:

Why is it odd? Anxiety plagues millions of people. I am one of them. When it hits me itcan get so bad that is paralyzing. It's no fun at all and it can take me daze to come down from it. It's brutal.

I hope she is finding ways to deal with whatever the anxiety is coming from. Mine comes from past abuse/trauma. The body store stress until it is safe enough to release it. I really feel for her. And it's nothing to joke about. Anxiety is terribly debilitating.

Bob's last 2 set-lists have me all a-jitter! Cup o Coffee really surprised me! And ending with I Shall Be Released. How fitting. :-)

I am going to CHICAGO!!!! Shall I drag Joey along?! :-)

xxoo,
Martha
21st September 2007 12:00 PM
glencar Only odd in that it usually affects men...you know, at CERTAIN times!

Joey will never leave Omahahaha but I can't believe he won't leave his hovel to see the Master Bob. You must encourage him to go. Shall we start a thread?
21st September 2007 12:08 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Only odd in that it usually affects men...you know, at CERTAIN times!

Joey will never leave Omahahaha but I can't believe he won't leave his hovel to see the Master Bob. You must encourage him to go. Shall we start a thread?

Anxiety is not gender specific. And it is rampant in our society. I did not know I suffered from it most of my life though. I just thought it was the way I was. Not true. I was suffering and now I am finding help. I take high doses of fish oil daily since I am unable to tolerate anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. I also take doses of Motherwort tincture daily and that has helped a lot. I am so thankful there are many alternative less invasive ways to deal with this madness. :-)

Joey may not leave Omahahahaha (funny!) but he IS going to see Master Bob with me at HIS Qwest Center! It's a done deal!

He's now under my spell! I plan to hide in his underware drawer to surprise him! LOL :-)

Magically Martha!
21st September 2007 12:28 PM
Saint Sway this is so cool - in so many ways.

not just Jack playing with him - thats awesome! But the FIRST TIME PLAYS! And the set lists overall. Friggin outstanding!! I would of loved to of been at these shows

there was a time in the late 60's when the Stones payed close attention to what Dylan was doing and Dylans work had a big influence on them.... I wish NOW they would pay attention to what Dylans doing with his live shows and take inspiration for it. THIS is the model for what the Stones should be doing.
21st September 2007 12:49 PM
Lil Brian
quote:
Martha wrote: I WILL drag Joey to the Qwest Center!

See you there, sunshine! :-)

21st September 2007 02:06 PM
Martha
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:

See you there, sunshine! :-)

OKAY! It's a party now! Joey has his ticket, I have mine. Did you get your's yet?

I don't want to miss seeing you this time.

;-)

xxoo,
MM
21st September 2007 02:35 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this is so cool - in so many ways.

not just Jack playing with him - thats awesome! But the FIRST TIME PLAYS! And the set lists overall. Friggin outstanding!! I would of loved to of been at these shows

there was a time in the late 60's when the Stones payed close attention to what Dylan was doing and Dylans work had a big influence on them.... I wish NOW they would pay attention to what Dylans doing with his live shows and take inspiration for it. THIS is the model for what the Stones should be doing.

Where I don't realize they had played my favorite song until I look at the setlist later?
21st September 2007 02:49 PM
Lil Brian Oh yes, I'm in. ;-) I think we're 105 or 106 and I see it's a Friday. That'll be ideal.
21st September 2007 06:06 PM
fireontheplatter i am not a fanatic dylan fan like some people, but those song lists are pretty darn good.

meet me in the morning
things have changed
= awesome
22nd September 2007 07:21 AM
jostorm
quote:
Martha wrote:

Anxiety is not gender specific. And it is rampant in our society. I did not know I suffered from it most of my life though. I just thought it was the way I was. Not true. I was suffering and now I am finding help. I take high doses of fish oil daily since I am unable to tolerate anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. I also take doses of Motherwort tincture daily and that has helped a lot. I am so thankful there are many alternative less invasive ways to deal with this madness. :-)

Joey may not leave Omahahahaha (funny!) but he IS going to see Master Bob with me at HIS Qwest Center! It's a done deal!

He's now under my spell! I plan to hide in his underware drawer to surprise him! LOL :-)

Magically Martha!

Martha: I meant to ask you the other day when you mentioned Motherwort tincture if it is the American name for Saint John's Wort???? In Europe, especially in Germany, St. John's Wort is taken widely as an alternative to the pharmaceutical antidepressants that may (or may not!) restore the biochemical balance in your brain , but which certainly fuck up your liver and bring with them a plethora of unwanted side-effects... I have several friends who swear by it, only side-effects being a slight chance of developing light-sensitivity of your skin and some potential interference with your heart medication if you take any. Anyway,if it isn'ty the same substance, please do check it out, and if the FDA hasn't approved it, I'd be happy to mail you some from across the pond.....

And yes, you should drag Joey to see Bob, even if it is kicking and screaming, it's in his own interest, he will thank you one day.....
22nd September 2007 12:40 PM
Martha Jo! The tincture I take is Motherwort: Leonurus cardiaca. I decided to start taking it from studying the book: New Menopausal Years; The Wise Woman Way (Alternative Approaches for Women 30-90 by Susun S. Weed It can be ordered on-line easily if you have an interest in alternative treatments. I swear by this book. I started taking Motherwort tincture once I noticed Susun recommended it for many of my symptoms ( I have many and they are not fun). It isn't St. John's or St. Joan's wort. Those are different and also recommended for some of my conditions. I am so sensitive to meds that I am taking just the Motherwort and a few Bach Flower essence remedies specifically for anxiety when I have it. I immediately noticed (due to being so sensitive) the Motherwort was helping me feel calmer about 20 minutes after taking it.

You are so kind to offer to mail me a tincture. We have a "Vitamin Cottage" (health food store) just down the street and I can buy tinctures and remedies there. Thank you for the offer. When I lived in Hell, OH I did not have access to these things. Had to go to Athens for that. Out here there is all sorts of alternative everything. I do not feel alien in CO. ;-)

I WILL drag Joey to see Bob!

xxoo,
Martha
22nd September 2007 01:24 PM
steel driving hammer I have sometimes have panic attacks and suffer from shy bladder syndrome.

http://www.shybladder.org/

I wish I could be like him sometimes, but that'l mean I'd loose my Charmed Looks...

22nd September 2007 01:35 PM
glencar There's a St. Joan's wort AND a St. John's wort? Wow!
22nd September 2007 01:48 PM
steel driving hammer There's a pill for everything.

Meg knows that too...
23rd September 2007 03:16 PM
PartyDoll MEG Here is a you tube of Jack and Bob:

23rd September 2007 04:23 PM
Mel Belli Woulda been perfect but for Bob himself!
23rd September 2007 04:26 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
THIS is the model for what the Stones should be doing.

Maybe -- but I can also hear groaning too: Only 17 songs?!
24th September 2007 06:05 AM
Ade Jack White:-

"I've got three fathers - my biological dad,
God and Bob Dylan."
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)