ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Madison Square Garden, June 1975
© Claude Gassian with thanks to Rockman and Erik_Snow ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Joey, come in off the ledge! Return to archive
29th November 2006 12:01 PM
nankerphelge The hugely popular children's group The Wiggles is expected this week to announce the departure of its lead singer because of a serious illness, media reports said Wednesday.
The Australian supergroup has reportedly scheduled a press conference for Thursday in the western city of Perth to make a "major announcement relating to members of the group," according to the Sydney Morning Herald, Australian Associated Press and the online edition of Sydney's The Daily Telegraph newspaper.

The reports said the group was likely to announce the departure of the "Yellow Wiggle," Greg Page, who has been frequently absent from touring since undergoing a double hernia operation in December.

The 34-year-old known for his bright yellow T-shirt has been undergoing medical treatment since June after experiencing fainting spells and lethargy, the reports said.

Calls to the group's publicist were not immediately returned Wednesday.

The Wiggles were Australia's top-earning entertainers last year, ahead of No. 2 AC/DC and No. 3 Nicole Kidman. The four men in brightly colored T-shirts, accompanied by a cast of characters including Dorothy the Dinosaur and Wags the Dog, grossed $39 million last year.

Page, who was replaced by an understudy when he pulled out of The Wiggles' U.S. tour in July, reportedly said he needed to rest and seek medical advice for the fainting spells.

"I have had numerous bouts of this over the past eight months but they are getting more frequent, and more concerning," he was quoted as saying by The Daily Telegraph. "So I have decided that I must go home, rest and seek further medical advice to assure myself that I will be OK for future tours."

Publicist Dianna O'Neill told The Sydney Morning Herald that doctors had not been able to identify Page's illness.

Page helped found The Wiggles in 1991 after he and two other members met while studying early childhood education at Sydney's Macquarie University.

The group has franchised its enormously popular recipe to several non- English speaking countries, including Taiwan.
--------------

29th November 2006 12:06 PM
TampabayStone
29th November 2006 12:18 PM
Riffhard
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

The Wiggles were Australia's top-earning entertainers last year, ahead of No. 2 AC/DC and No. 3 Nicole Kidman. The four men in brightly colored T-shirts, accompanied by a cast of characters including Dorothy the Dinosaur and Wags the Dog, grossed $39 million last year.

Uh,Corgi and SIA.....please explain this to me. I am trying to figure this bit out. The Wiggles?!?! This is not doing the macho image of Down Under any good at all. I mean this is the same country with the rugged Outback,right? The Wiggles?!?!

Riffy
29th November 2006 12:31 PM
BILL PERKS PROBABLY GOT BAD MEAT IN THE CAN.
29th November 2006 04:20 PM
Joey " PROBABLY GOT BAD MEAT IN THE CAN. "

29th November 2006 05:57 PM
pdog I've taken my son to see them...
FYI, some of them are huge Stones fans and have played in Stones tribute bands, or so I was once told!
29th November 2006 06:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah Riffy, WTF?

In a perfect world, Radio Birdman or The Hoodoo Gurus would be top earners down under.

But the reality of the Wiggles being top dog down under is ridiculous.

Maybe Corgi could sponsor "Shoot a Wiggle Day" or something...

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
29th November 2006 06:08 PM
Stones Security Normally, such suggestions of "offing" an entertainer would trigger a response from us here at Stones Security.

In this case, however, carry on...
29th November 2006 06:14 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

29th November 2006 06:16 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Joey?

Funny !!!!!!

W- W- W- What ?!?! ...... Oh , sure ! :

Nanky ?!

29th November 2006 06:17 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

29th November 2006 06:29 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yeah Riffy, WTF?

In a perfect world, Radio Birdman or The Hoodoo Gurus would be top earners down under.

But the reality of the Wiggles being top dog down under is ridiculous.

well not entirely SS - to me it's a reflection of the fact that there's money in the kiddie market...and the Wiggles really have the market all tied up (globally it appears)...as well as knowing what kids like they seem to have some fairly savvy managment/promotion skills as well

i am bemused by the international success they have achieved, as i was with steve irwin's popularity in the US - although the irwin thing is understandable as he was (for good or ill) identifiably australian and played up to the sterotypes of what an australian "bloke" is - or is supposed to be - something i think we would be better of without to a degree

and SS - don't you think, in a perfect world, Birdman would have achieved the recognition they now seem to be receiving back in 1976 - Yeah Hup!!
29th November 2006 06:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah Hup.

I have a great clip of Birdman doing that song on my MySpace page.

You can check it out ifn ya like...there's lots of other cool stuff too that'll probably be right up your alley.

http://www.myspace.com/sirstonesalot
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)