ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Madison Square Garden, June 1975
© Claude Gassian with thanks to Rockman and Erik_Snow ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Bigger Bang Tour Appreciation Thread Return to archive
27th November 2006 11:09 AM
GotToRollMe What a great tour, with the extra added bonus of this incredible Fall leg, which provided some extraordinary shows. Let's drink to the hard-working people...let's drink to the salt of the earth...let's drink to the Rolling Stones and all the nameless, faceless people who made it all possible.

I'm gonna miss ya, buddies. Enjoy your vacations...you've earned 'em, and then some. Thanks for giving us some of the greatest moments in rock and roll history. Gold rings on ya. Be well.

27th November 2006 11:14 AM
Saint Sway I recognize the four guys in the middle of that picture from the pictures in my Rolling Stones albums

but who are those other 9 people standing around them in the picture?
27th November 2006 11:16 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I recognize the four guys in the middle of that picture from the pictures in my Rolling Stones albums

but who are those other 9 people standing around them in the picture?

Fluffers?
27th November 2006 11:34 AM
Gazza I was led to believe that in this age of viagara, 'fluffers' were no longer required.

My first thought on looking at that pic was that its not too hard to pick out the four who are English....
27th November 2006 11:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man There are 4 members of the Rolling Stones, yet they have 13 people on stage. JESUS! I know that maybe they're not on stage all at the same time, but the sheer volume of the extras really hits you in that photo.
27th November 2006 11:46 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
There are 4 members of the Rolling Stones, yet they have 13 people on stage. JESUS! I know that maybe they're not on stage all at the same time, but the sheer volume of the extras really hits you in that photo.

you'll be relieved to know that there are ONLY 12 musicians onstage when they perform the classic bare-bones rocker "Little T&A"

Mick sits that one out
27th November 2006 11:51 AM
GotToRollMe Yeah, it does. As much as I'd LOVE to see just the four (well, five, counting Chuck) of them play a tour, I really have gained a new respect for the rest of the gang (with the exception of the horn section - I really could do without that, except for Bobby of course).

Anyway, they're a hard-working bunch. When I think that they've been touring since August, 2005, and on such a grand scale, I've really got to hand it to 'em, especially considering the fact that they're not youngsters anymore. Bravo, boys!
27th November 2006 11:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

you'll be relieved to know that there are ONLY 12 musicians onstage when they perform the classic bare-bones rocker "Little T&A"

Mick sits that one out

maybe he's strumming away offstage, Blondie-style?
27th November 2006 12:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
maybe he's strumming away offstage, Blondie-style?

heck, why not? Actually I'm surprised he's not at center stage playing keyboards

and yet the REALLY WEIRD PART is that Keith is the only one of the 13 that isnt playing an instrument during this song

27th November 2006 12:22 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

and yet the REALLY WEIRD PART is that Keith is the only one of the 13 that isnt playing an instrument during this song

Hi Sway!
One point for ya dude
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)