ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Madison Square Garden, June 1975
© Claude Gassian with thanks to Rockman and Erik_Snow ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: White Album vs. Exile Return to archive Page: 1 2
28th November 2006 09:07 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Given my limited involvement here, and the terms of my Lotus Couch contract that allows me to only post my C material, trolling this site for stuff to copy must be like looking for Tolstoy at the Wal-Mart checkout counter

28th November 2006 11:06 AM
WinslowStud "Your son also likes cock. "

That was uncalled for and very immature.

-----------------------------
Liver Than You'll Ever Be
28th November 2006 11:17 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:
"Your son also likes cock. "

That was uncalled for and very immature.

-----------------------------
Liver Than You'll Ever Be

What??...like your pic below?
28th November 2006 07:44 PM
texile
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Pops has a 1960 hummingbird...He told me he was going to sell it...should fetch a nice sum
[Edited by Fiji Joe]

tell him to give to you...
keep it in the family - a hummingbird is a true treasure joe.....
the first song i played on mine was blood red wine....
28th November 2006 10:13 PM
glencar
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
While I am one of the few on RO who likes the Beatles AND Stones, I find that post-1966 the Stones were superior. Early on, their LPs weren't the best representation of their sound because many were devoid of their awesome singles. So of the 1963-66 period, I prefer Aftermath, Rolling Stones Now! and England's Newest Hitmakers over Please Please Me, With the Beatles and Help but not the other ones. December's Children is more mediocre than any Beatles LP, IMO (unless the Yellow Submarine "soundtrack" counts) while Out of their heads, 12X5 only beat out Please Please Me and Help! in my books. But after Revolver?

Between the Buttons--->Sgt. Pepper
TSMR<-----Magical Mystery Tour (only cause of "side" 2)
Beggar's Banquet----->White Album
Let it Bleed----->Abbey Road
Sticky Fingers------>Let it Be

I find the Beatles are okay for a short time but my teeth grind after a few minutes. They're too cute by half. I agree that some of the early stuff was better than some of the early Stones stuff but the Stones were still developing whilst the Beatles were peaking then.
28th November 2006 10:36 PM
pdog
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:
I don't know about this Exile album, but my son loves Rocky Racoon. It's a good song.

They have this saying around the right wing christian republican circles....
Q: Would you rather have your son be gay or be a browns fan?
A: You can still love a gay child.
29th November 2006 08:45 PM
sweetcharmedlife 1. Yer Blues
2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
3. Mother Nature's son
4. Rocky Racoon
5. Birthday
6. Glass Onion
7. Ob-La-Di,Ob-La-Da
8. Back In The U.S.S.R.
9. Dear Prudence
10. Happiness is a Warm Gun
11. I'm So Tired
12. Why Don't We Do it in the Road
13. Bungalow Bill
14. Helter Skelter
15. Me and My Monkey
16. Savoy Truffle
17. Revolution #9
18. Julia
29th November 2006 09:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:

Easy. Let It Bleed walks all over Rubber Soul.

But what about Between the Buttons vs. Magical Mystery Tour? These two 1967 psychedelic albums are excellent and it's difficult to say which is better. I'm on the fence on this queation.

Must be a geographical thing, because over here Magical Mystery Tour isnt regarded as an 'album' as such. It was a double EP, if I remember right. I think the album that came out in the US was the EP's plus all the other stuff theyd released that year that hadnt been put on Sgt Pepper.

Great collection, though.
29th November 2006 10:53 PM
StarvinMarvin
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Must be a geographical thing, because over here Magical Mystery Tour isnt regarded as an 'album' as such. It was a double EP, if I remember right. I think the album that came out in the US was the EP's plus all the other stuff theyd released that year that hadnt been put on Sgt Pepper.

Great collection, though.

Yeah, it is a geographical thing. ON this side of thepond, MMT is generally considered an album.

MMT is actually comprised of the following:

1) The British-release Magical Mystery Tour EP (Magical Mystery Tour, Fool ON The Hill, Flying, Blue Jay way, I Am The Walrus)

2) The double A-side: Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields Forever

3) The "All You Need Is Love" single and its b-side "Baby Youre A Rich Man"

4) Hello Goodbye (a-side)
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)