ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Madison Square Garden, June 1975
© Claude Gassian with thanks to Rockman and Erik_Snow ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Greg Allman - Review Return to archive
26th November 2006 03:07 AM
sweetcharmedlife I went to see Greg Allman solo Wed. night in San Francisco. After seeing 3 Stones stadium shows in 3 weeks, what a change of perspective. Saw him at a samll theatre in SF. Great show. It was pretty killer to be able to see one of rocks legends up and close. Good set. Opened with I'm no angel. Threw in a little of everything. A really sweet version of Just Like a Woman. Some great blues jams. Including a surprising guest spot by American Idol winner Taylor Hicks. Playing some nice blues harp. Say what you will about American Idol, but if Greg Allman thinks enough of you, to put you on stage then you must have the shit to back it up, and Hicks sounded good. The set included Allman Bros. faves, like Melissa,Whipping Post, and Statesboro Blues. Greg sounded and looked good. His son Devin and his band Honey tribe opened and sounded good. The kid looks and sounds like the old man.
26th November 2006 09:08 AM
chevysales
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
I went to see Greg Allman solo Wed. night in San Francisco. After seeing 3 Stones stadium shows in 3 weeks, what a change of perspective. Saw him at a samll theatre in SF. Great show. It was pretty killer to be able to see one of rocks legends up and close. Good set. Opened with I'm no angel. Threw in a little of everything. A really sweet version of Just Like a Woman. Some great blues jams. Including a surprising guest spot by American Idol winner Taylor Hicks. Playing some nice blues harp. Say what you will about American Idol, but if Greg Allman thinks enough of you, to put you on stage then you must have the shit to back it up, and Hicks sounded good. The set included Allman Bros. faves, like Melissa,Whipping Post, and Statesboro Blues. Greg sounded and looked good. His son Devin and his band Honey tribe opened and sounded good. The kid looks and sounds like the old man.

i like greg with and w/out the band... a white ray charles in his singing.
26th November 2006 12:17 PM
sweetcharmedlife Yeah, he still has that husky kjnd of soulful sound in his voice. Even more so in his old age now.
26th November 2006 12:29 PM
glencar It might interest you to know that G. Allman was at the Stones AC show last weekend & nobody said anything to him.
26th November 2006 08:16 PM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
It might interest you to know that G. Allman was at the Stones AC show last weekend & nobody said anything to him.

no shit??? in the crowd?

go figure
26th November 2006 10:56 PM
sweetcharmedlife yeah, pretty wierd allman of all people would end up jsut watching a stones show.
27th November 2006 02:02 PM
Factory Girl why didn't anyone say anything to GA? Does he have Cher cooties?
27th November 2006 02:17 PM
Saint Sway what exactly do you say to him in the middle of the show??? Were we supposed to lean over and say "hey I'm a big fan. I really luv Whippin Post." in the middle of Tumbling Dice?

my cousin actually leaned across my seat and took his picture. Just put his camera phone in front of him and snapped it. I thought that was kind of bizarre and rude, but I also found it kinda funny.

best to let him be, no? Besides he's got a spooky vibe. I'm sure he's a nice southern gentleman and all but theres something about his aura that always says 'dont mess'

I noticed he left shortly before the show ended - some point during the last few songs. He was sober and didnt have any drinks, which is a good sign for any ABB fans

would of been cool if he jumped on the b-stage and pistol whipped his buddy Chuck Leavell, hurled him off the stage and took over the piano during Honkeytonk Women

27th November 2006 04:20 PM
Jumping Jack Did he get together with Chuck after the show and complain about the food in the Borgata restaurants?
27th November 2006 04:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Did he get together with Chuck after the show and complain about the food in the Borgata restaurants?

LOL. I doubt that anyone stay awake long enough while reading Chuck's diary to find out for sure...

dude lives the most boring life ever of anyone on a Stones tour

heres an actual excerpt:

"....after completing a fun memorization test of the local phone book of the names from 'Fawnsworth' to 'Lowery' I decided to take the elevator to the hotel lobby. They had a nice autumnal display of pumpkins and squash next to the concierges desk. I noticed some spruce leaves tastefully added to the basket. I stopped to take a lovely picture. I wondered a loud if any trees were harmed in the making of this. I walked out into the town with a craving for sourdough bread. Even though we had just played in Oakland last week where I drove to San Francisco to indulge in an entire loaf of sourdough from my favorite artisinal bakery on Market Street. So I asked a local merchant if he could recomend a spot where I could get a good loaf of sourdough. He didnt know any but recomended a spot that carried pumpernickle bread..."
27th November 2006 06:46 PM
sammy davis jr. Don't forget his chick....Jane Rose, or Rose Marie or whatever the fuck it is.
28th November 2006 12:50 PM
Schleisher Anybody heard any news on a new Allman Bros. or Gregg solo cd coming out, or even being made??
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)