ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Madison Square Garden, June 1975
© Claude Gassian with thanks to Rockman and Erik_Snow ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bigger Bang = Final Bang? Return to archive
25th November 2006 11:16 AM
steel driving hammer Lord, I hope not but there's just too much fucking Stones out there! About 4 years ago, I thought, planned and decided to devote my life to collect EVERY thing the Stones did live, video/audio. Now w/ phone cameras, you tube, ETC, there is just too much Stones that I can't handle it and possibly collect it all!

So I hope this it so I can catch up or let them tour again for even more!

Fucking Christ!

Too much of a good thing can be bad. LOL.
25th November 2006 11:20 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Too much of a good thing can be bad. LOL.

Better too much than not enough.
25th November 2006 11:40 AM
egon i have the same problem with my stamp collection
25th November 2006 11:42 AM
steel driving hammer LOL, thanks for the smile and happy someone understands.
25th November 2006 11:55 AM
steel driving hammer Isn't greed or wanting everying one of the 7 deadly sins or something?
25th November 2006 12:02 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Isn't greed or wanting everying one of the 7 deadly sins or something?

Sin was created by God because his homosexual gay lover thought it was more exciting (to consider gayness as a pecado).

That joke was told by Neil Hamburger, BTW. God is straight, I guess.
25th November 2006 12:03 PM
speedfreakjive definitely the Final Bang
25th November 2006 12:07 PM
Poison Dart As long as they are healthy, they will continue in some fashion. This is most likely the last 2 year long tour. But, that may be a good thing.

Maybe some shorter (far shorter) tours and more albums in the near future.
25th November 2006 01:21 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Maybe some shorter (far shorter) tours and more albums in the near future.

I would love that.
25th November 2006 02:27 PM
mrhipfl I don't think this is the final bang. There are so many ways the stones could take to go on touring. They could play less shows per week and go on shorter tours, ie tour Europe for 5 months and tour the US the next year. If they are ashamed to play in front of half-empty venues, they could always co-headline a tour with another classic rock band like Aerosmith, Dylan...Co-headlining would also allow them to play shorter sets, in case they don't have the energy or will to put on a 2 hour show.
26th November 2006 08:11 AM
glencar It's all over now. Ain't no use in crying. And yes, Tony, your essential point is correct. Lotsa stuff out there now makes each new discovery less valuable.
26th November 2006 10:27 AM
gimmekeef I remember leaving a Stones concert in Toronto...thinking and worrying that it was all over and I'd never see them again....It was July 1972........................
26th November 2006 10:51 AM
Gazza There are already ads in the Sunday papers today advertising broker packages for Wembley next summer

Concerts in Spain,Germany and Poland have already been confirmed for May/June by local promoters and/or the local media
26th November 2006 10:57 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:
There are already ads in the Sunday papers today advertising broker packages for Wembley next summer

Concerts in Spain,Germany and Poland have already been confirmed for May/June by local promoters and/or the local media

Yes...and they missed Peoria..and Scranton this time...so..they'll be back here too!
26th November 2006 11:07 AM
Gazza Yes. they were about the only two towns in North America not to get shows this tour. An unforgivable oversight!
26th November 2006 11:11 AM
BILL PERKS THEY SHOULD PLAY SMALL SHOWS IN MAJOR CITIES FOR A WEEK (3 SHOWS)AT A TIME.MAKE THE PUNTERS COME TO THEM MORE.AND LEAVE MICHAEL AND JAKE COHL HOME.
26th November 2006 03:41 PM
Gazza May 2007, it seems

http://iorr.org/news.htm
26th November 2006 05:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
May 2007, it seems

http://iorr.org/news.htm

This is Great News !!!!!

The World absolutely LOVES & NEEDS more Stones !!!!!

YES !!!!!!

" BEST STONES YET RONNIE ! "

Kins.
26th November 2006 07:26 PM
tookthatname Yes...and they missed Peoria..and Scranton this time...so..they'll be back here too!

quote:
Gazza wrote:
Yes. they were about the only two towns in North America not to get shows this tour. An unforgivable oversight!

you are forgetting Cleveland
27th November 2006 02:18 AM
TrevorHobley IF, God Willing, they all stay healthy, I see no reason for these guys not to play small venues for consecutive nights in a few select markets.
27th November 2006 05:02 AM
Gazza
quote:
TrevorHobley wrote:
IF, God Willing, they all stay healthy, I see no reason for these guys not to play small venues for consecutive nights in a few select markets.

I see only one reason to prevent it, Trevor.

Not enough $$$

They wont get out of bed if theres not a few million in it, unfortunately
27th November 2006 01:02 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Sin was created by God because his homosexual gay lover thought it was more exciting (to consider gayness as a pecado).

That joke was told by Neil Hamburger, BTW. God is straight, I guess.

Then why did he make a dude first and a chic as a second thought?
27th November 2006 01:03 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
tookthatname wrote:

you are forgetting Cleveland

That wasn't an oversight!!
27th November 2006 01:28 PM
Harold Wilson
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I see only one reason to prevent it, Trevor.

Not enough $$$

They wont get out of bed if theres not a few million in it, unfortunately

More than a few million.

They wipe their arses with a few million.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)