ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Madison Square Garden, June 1975
© Claude Gassian with thanks to Rockman and Erik_Snow ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: When Mick and Keith meet G.I. Joe (toys for big children) Return to archive
18th November 2006 08:25 AM
Jeep

Next month, on sale exclusively in Japan.

Very expensive action figures (brand "Medicom") to play Stones Touring Party at home.
Size : 12" - 30 cm

The price is high in Japan, but higher imported : approx. 180-200 US$ for each doll (delivery not included).
You can pre-order them on Ebay...

[Edited by Jeep]
18th November 2006 08:35 AM
Jeep Brian revisited by Medicom (Be@rbrick collection) :

18th November 2006 09:57 AM
claudiomoraleida ha ha ha ha ha Keith looks like Bill Wyman !!!! and does Jagger has a bleeding mouth like a boxer ????????
18th November 2006 01:13 PM
FotiniD Oh shit, what am I to do?! Don't kid yourselves babies, Medicom makes beautiful figures, these ain't no GI Joe's!!!

Problem is, Keith DOES look like Bill Wyman more than he should... Did somebody in the design rooms get the wrong picture to sculpt from?

On the other hand, on Ebay it says these are the prototypes, so there should be some changes in the final figures... Oh God. I want them like crazy! But do I buy them or not? Will they look like the Glimmers or will I get a Mick and a Wyman?!

The horror
[Edited by FotiniD]
18th November 2006 01:21 PM
FotiniD Some more photos:

18th November 2006 05:01 PM
stonesgirl77 Mick looks like he could trip on that sash...it looks a little too long.

And the other one really does look like Wyman vs. Keith.
18th November 2006 09:48 PM
Mel Belli When did Mick perform with Rick Springfield?
18th November 2006 10:39 PM
IanBillen [quote]Mel Belli wrote:
When did Mick perform with Rick Springfield?

At the Beacon Theater very recently actually. After Buddy Guy and Christina Auguilera Rick came out to join the boys.

I think they did "Jessies Girl" and "Don't talk to Strangers".

Rick brought his dog out on stage and it pissed on poor Keith.

It will all be in the documentary.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
19th November 2006 12:53 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
[quote]Mel Belli wrote:
When did Mick perform with Rick Springfield?

At the Beacon Theater very recently actually. After Buddy Guy and Christina Auguilera Rick came out to join the boys.

I think they did "Jessies Girl" and "Don't talk to Strangers".

Rick brought his dog out on stage it pissed on poor Keith.

It will all be in the documentary.

Ian

Nice! But, is it good enough to make the real SS's Ian Billen Quotes Hall of Fame?? Only time will tell.

19th November 2006 01:35 PM
sweetcharmedlife Do they have a Bill Wyman doll that looks like Keith? Does Woody look like Charlie? Does Charlie look like Daryl Jones? We need answers.
19th November 2006 06:15 PM
MrPleasant As I said before, I'd only be interested in a Lost Weekend Weebles set, with John Lennon, May Pang, Phil Spector, Keith Moon, Harry Nilsson and Yoko dolls. "John wobbles but he doesn't fall down".
20th November 2006 01:21 PM
Dear Doctor keith looks like jeff beck
maybe the dolls will play
throwaway
21st November 2006 09:06 AM
Paranoid_Android On a serious note...any info on POA? That's Points of Articulation (in action-figure-geek-speak)
21st November 2006 09:15 AM
FotiniD They're still on pre-order status and these are pictures of the prototypes... So, not much specific info on them (POA or otherwise) and their mold may change.
27th November 2006 05:09 AM
FotiniD Ok, I couldn't wait one minute longer and I pre-ordered them though E-bay. Hope I'm not gonna regret this

But look what I found:

http://www.blister.jp/item5548.html

Hmmm... I wonder... Are those the same Medicom figures or new ones, the final mold or the previous one? What about the "2007" tag - my seller on E-bay mentions December 2006 release. And the tag on this site says "Ultra Detail Figure" - is this a different series from "Real Action Heroes"?

Ah, hyperventilating I need those damn dolls!
27th November 2006 05:29 AM
Gazza as the French would say :

"Jesus Christ Sur Un Velo"...
27th November 2006 09:52 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Ok, I couldn't wait one minute longer and I pre-ordered them though E-bay. Hope I'm not gonna regret this

But look what I found:

http://www.blister.jp/item5548.html

Hmmm... I wonder... Are those the same Medicom figures or new ones, the final mold or the previous one? What about the "2007" tag - my seller on E-bay mentions December 2006 release. And the tag on this site says "Ultra Detail Figure" - is this a different series from "Real Action Heroes"?

Ah, hyperventilating I need those damn dolls!

OK Fotini...what the hell are you gonna do with those dolls???
27th November 2006 10:04 AM
FotiniD
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
OK Fotini...what the hell are you gonna do with those dolls???

Haha, well, not ANY weird stuff I assure you

Maybe practise my extra special voodoo skills and have the Glimmers deciding to throw a free gig exclusively for RO
27th November 2006 11:18 AM
Jeep
quote:
FotiniD wrote:Hmmm... I wonder... Are those the same Medicom figures or new ones, the final mold or the previous one? What about the "2007" tag - my seller on E-bay mentions December 2006 release. And the tag on this site says "Ultra Detail Figure" - is this a different series from "Real Action Heroes"?

They are both from Medicom.
But they are not the same.
Name are differents : "Sucking in the 70's" and "Exile on Main Street"
Different sizes (18cm / 7" and 30cm /12") and different prices (big difference ! 2990 yens and 12980 yens each).

For the more expensive pair you have to write to Santa Claus.
For the cheapest pair, it's an Easter bunny delivery ;-)

http://www.toys-chameleon.com/select.php?id=1566
http://www.toys-chameleon.com/select.php?id=1632
http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/WI/0032.cgi?recno=2605
[Edited by Jeep]
27th November 2006 11:22 AM
Saint Sway looks more like Aerosmith dolls

quote:
FotiniD wrote:

27th November 2006 11:29 AM
Jeep
quote:
Gazza wrote:
as the French would say :

I live on the wrong side of the Channel but I never heard before this wonderful quote !

27th November 2006 11:35 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:
as the French would say :

My favorite Gazza-ism, en francais, no less.

27th November 2006 11:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

My favorite Gazza-ism, en francais, no less.

C'etait seulement pour toi, ma petite Jin
27th November 2006 11:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jeep wrote:

I live on the wrong side of the Channel but I never heard before this wonderful quote !

Jesus-Christus op een fiets !!
27th November 2006 04:16 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

C'etait seulement pour toi, ma petite Jin

Diable charmant.
27th November 2006 08:55 PM
TrevorHobley Is there a Brian doll?
27th November 2006 08:57 PM
Altamont

27th November 2006 11:02 PM
TrevorHobley
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Another great talent taken in his prime.
27th November 2006 11:09 PM
ComeAsYouAre Hideous...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)