ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Performing" She Smiled Sweetly
The Eamonn Andrews TV Show, London 5th February 1967
© 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's Clear 70's Guitar Return to archive
December 1st, 2004 08:15 AM
gimmekeef Was watching a DVD of the 71 Marquee Club Show and noticed Keith playing most songs on a guitar made of a clear see through acrylic material.It used to shine when lights hit it but when he played you could also see right through it.I remember he used it a lot from around 69 till I believe it was stolen in very early 70's.He stated then that it was a one of a kind and he loved the chords he could get from it.Does anyone know if this was ever found or returned? You'd think with today's technology they could duplicate something like that......
December 1st, 2004 08:40 AM
caro They asked him about this guitar (or at least I think it's that one) in the Oct.2002 issue of Guitar World...

----------------------------

GW: Did you ever use that clear plastic Dan Armstrong/Ampeg guitar in the studio? I know you used it live a lot, and it's pictured on the original album jacket for "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!"

Richards: The first guitar Dan Armstrong ever made me was a gem. It was one of the first prototypes or first preproduction models. And you could plug those pickups in. [The guitar design allowed for interchangeable pickups to be slid in and out of a slot cut in the body - GW Ed.] I know I used it on sesions. But I don't know if anything I did on it ended up on a record. And then that guitar disappeared. They gave me two or three other ones, production models, but they were shadows of that particular one. And I gave up on them.
December 1st, 2004 09:17 AM
Saint Sway well its been almost 35 years since it was stolen. You'd think by now it would of resurfaced. People who steal things like that - and by "people" I mean "assholes" - usually try at some point to profit from their theft. I'm sure it'll show up in an auction or on ebay or something at some point.
December 1st, 2004 10:59 AM
jpenn11 I read somewhere that the Armstrongs, while great for that fat, chunky sound KR got out of them, were prone to going out of tune.

Bill Wyman may also have used an Armstrong bass.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood