ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Performing" She Smiled Sweetly
The Eamonn Andrews TV Show, London 5th February 1967
© 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: let it rock san fran 1972 Return to archive
November 29th, 2004 05:31 AM
headshrinker just been checking out the setlists for the 72 US tour and noticed that they encored the 6th june 2nd show in san francisco with "Let it rock". but in the big bill wyman book, there's no mention of this, insead it says that they played "johny be goode" but it doesn't say where. do u think that who ever thought that they played "Let it rock" got it wrong and they really played "Johnny be goode"?

was anyone their? or has the tape showed up yet.
November 29th, 2004 07:11 AM
Gazza I've never heard Let It Rock from '72 as there isnt a complete recording of the show in question and isnt a live version in circulation of the song from that tour.

I took the info from Karnbach's book. Its conceivable they may have occasionally played it, as it was played in 1970 and 1971. However, Wyman is wrong about "Johnny B Goode" (I know it sounds arrogant to disagree with him, but there are some mistakes in his book). It wasnt played in 1972 and hasnt been played by the band since way back to the beginning of their career. They did of course play "Bye Bye Johnny" regularly in '72, although he lists that as well.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood