ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Performing" She Smiled Sweetly
The Eamonn Andrews TV Show, London 5th February 1967
© 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: C-sucker Blues blurb in EW mag Return to archive
November 27th, 2004 02:57 PM
Mel Belli No news to us, of course, but "C-Sucker Blues" is mentioned in a long list of "projects they don't want you to see."
November 27th, 2004 05:24 PM
mac_daddy what is EW mag?
November 27th, 2004 05:25 PM
Mel Belli Entertainment Weekly. Sorry.
November 27th, 2004 05:45 PM
mac_daddy i see - thanks for the tip...

did it say anything else..?
November 27th, 2004 06:58 PM
Mel Belli Here's the blurb:

"The Rolling Stones took a gander at the drugged-out debauchery on tap in photographer Robert Frank's gritty documentary C---sucker Blues, chronicling the band's summer 1972 North American tour, and started having second thoughts about releasing the film they had commissioned. The director and the band reached an agreement under the terms of which Frank has the rights to show the film once a year. 'There's things in that film that a lot of people didn't want exposed,' says Marshall Chess, the film's producer, who believes Blues will eventually have a legitimate DVD release. A weary Frank isn't holding his breath: 'I have no wish to go into any details or recollections about it. It was too long ago.'" -- Tom Sinclair
November 28th, 2004 11:06 PM
corgi37 Maybe they will wait until their next live cd before they release this on dvd?

A wonderful, generous member on this board sent me a vcd of it not so long ago.

Only one thing to say:

Thank God it aint 1972 anymore.

November 29th, 2004 08:53 PM
Soldatti
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Maybe they will wait until their next live cd before they release this on dvd?

Great, only 2 years!
November 29th, 2004 10:50 PM
glencar At this point, where's the controversy? Release the fucker!
November 30th, 2004 11:23 AM
jpenn11 If they won't release the noncontroversial L&G from the same year or the LA or Paris '75 shows, how could we expect them to release C-Blues?

And, since those shows are already "circulating", I'd much rather see a release of the long-rumored video of Brussels '73.

November 30th, 2004 11:25 AM
mac_daddy brussels '73 would be fun.

personally, i also really want to see the el mocambo stuff come out (audio and/or video)...
November 30th, 2004 03:52 PM
Mel Belli When they "retire" or die, the floodgates will open. But not before then.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood