ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Gypsy rules the entire world!!
Continental Club, Houston TX November - December 2, 2005
© 2005 Newscom, with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DUBLIN ? Return to archive
December 1st, 2005 12:29 PM
Stray Cat UK Maybe Gazza can help with this one ?
Is phoenix park a Stadium or an actual park and if so do you think there will be a Front of stage /golden circle section,like the other European (non -UK!) shows ?

I imagine they will hold this one back if it's GA,so they can sell lots of shitty seats first.

I've never recovered from the tax avoidance tour of 98 and this outragous treatment of UK fans looks set to continue.

sc(unfortunately)uk
December 1st, 2005 12:32 PM
erikjjf http://www.dublintourist.com/details/the_phoenix_park.shtml
December 1st, 2005 12:45 PM
Stray Cat UK Thanks !

It looks massive !
December 1st, 2005 12:45 PM
Gazza Phoenix Park is a huge public park (I think, the biggest in Europe) close to the centre of the city.

It has a zoo and also the location of both the Irish President and the US Ambassador.

You could get an almost limitless amount of people into it. A million people saw Pope John Paul II conduct mass there in 1979.

U2, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Robbie Williams have all played there in recent years. I would imagine the crowd would be limited to around 70,000 or so. No word on ticket sales yet but it should be in a couple of weeks or so and you can expect to pay around 75 Euro.

As its a 'field' show, as opposed to a stadium, I'd imagine its a general admission gig, although maybe there'll be a golden circle area.
December 1st, 2005 05:15 PM
Stray Cat UK Thanks Gazza.

If there is a front of stage area,which seems to be very popular nowadays,this could be a good show for major get togethers / partying .

Flights to Dublin from UK are very resonable . My brother flew out last year for 99 pence ! (Ryanair,I think).

Why Oh Why have we got to have seated gigs ?

sc uk
December 1st, 2005 05:19 PM
glencar I passed through it on a tour of Dublin a few years back. I've seen Simon & Garfunkel in Central Park but this sounds like a much more tempting deal!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)