ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Gypsy rules the entire world!!
Continental Club, Houston TX November - December 2, 2005
© 2005 Newscom, with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones to play Superbowl - Its Official Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 29th, 2005 10:42 AM
Gazza 11.29.05 The Rolling Stones To Perform During Sprint Super Bowl XL Halftime Show On ABC
The Super Bowl just got even bigger. Taking a quick break from their "A Bigger Bang" World Tour, the legendary ROLLING STONES will perform in the SPRINT SUPER BOWL XL HALFTIME SHOW on ABC at Ford Field in Detroit on Sunday, February 5, the NFL announced today.

Watched by more than 133 million viewers in the U.S. last year, the Super Bowl is annually the nation's highest-rated TV program. The game will be broadcast to a potential worldwide audience of 1 billion in more than 225 countries and territories. Game time is 6 p.m. ET.

"We are thrilled to perform for millions of fans at one of the most exciting and highly anticipated sporting events of the year," said the Rolling Stones.

from rs.com
November 29th, 2005 11:08 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Gazza wrote:
11.29.05 The Rolling Stones To Perform During Sprint Super Bowl XL Halftime Show On ABC

Uh oh. My Stonesy-sense is tingling....

I have an overwhelming feeling of dread, embarrassment and heavy scrotal shrinkage here....

Must....fight...urge....to...watch.....
November 29th, 2005 11:11 AM
Joey
" I have an overwhelming feeling of dread, embarrassment and heavy scrotal shrinkage here...."

JACKY !!!!

Jacky .... Jacky .... Jacky !!!!!

...JACKY !!!! ®

November 29th, 2005 11:12 AM
GimmeExile Wasn't this official three months ago? I remember Mick announcing it at Giants Stadium on Sept 15.
November 29th, 2005 11:20 AM
Joey
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Wasn't this official three months ago?

No !

*** FRIG NO !!!! ***

Nine !

J.
November 29th, 2005 11:52 AM
BILL PERKS I DONT LIKE THIS AT ALL
November 29th, 2005 12:34 PM
Stones Lets hope they play some songs from A Bigger Bang..
November 29th, 2005 12:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I wonder what Hank Williams Jr. has got to say about all this.
November 29th, 2005 12:44 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:

" I DONT LIKE THIS AT ALL "

The silence following a Joey post in the year 2005 is often long and uncomfortable. People have just stopped caring. Even the crickets have found better things to do.

November 29th, 2005 12:47 PM
BILL PERKS I ONLY RESPOND WHEN JOEY POSTS PICS OF THAT QWEST CENTER DUMP!

AT THE BOWL THE STONES SHOULD PLAY
HOLD BACK
FIGHT
WINNING UGLY
THAT WOULD KNOCK EM DEAD
November 29th, 2005 12:52 PM
Nellcote The so-so live shot in Salt Lake will
assist in making the Super Bowl show
outstanding, one we will be proud of.

How cool is this, that after all these years
the Stones are getting this audience?

Just the thought of this is getting me ready
for the breakout of a full day of tailgating
in the snow here in the People's Republic Of Massachusetts,
with the smoker belching strong smoke of hickory, while surrounding various meat products.

Oh yeah, there is a game to play also...

Upward & Onward!

November 29th, 2005 12:54 PM
glencar Please, no RFD!
November 29th, 2005 12:59 PM
Factory Girl When U2 played Superbowl, the Stones scoffed "We don't play 20 minute gigs."

They should not be doing it, but hey...its all about the exposure.
November 29th, 2005 01:53 PM
texile
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Gazza wrote:
11.29.05 The Rolling Stones To Perform During Sprint Super Bowl XL Halftime Show On ABC

Uh oh. My Stonesy-sense is tingling....

I have an overwhelming feeling of dread, embarrassment and heavy scrotal shrinkage here....

Must....fight...urge....to...watch.....

its so hard to be a stones fan.......
why can't i be a dylan fanatic?
November 29th, 2005 02:04 PM
the good Some of you guys are just so uptight. There is nothing inherently wrong with playing the superbowl. Let's just hope they nail it and for God's sake NO DAMN RAIN FELL DOWN!! Yeah, I'm talkin to you, rubber lips!
November 29th, 2005 02:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
the good wrote:
Some of you guys are just so uptight. There is nothing inherently wrong with playing the superbowl. Let's just hope they nail it and for God's sake NO DAMN RAIN FELL DOWN!! Yeah, I'm talkin to you, rubber lips!

i agree with you. my fear is that they will not take this seriously and not realize how many folks will be watching. I am hoping we dont get another "Salt Lake" at least at the superbowl, they can hire fans to swarm the field and go nuts (See U2's set in 2004)
November 29th, 2005 02:29 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck WARNING!
RON WOOD WARDROBE MALFUNCTION ALERT!

[Edited by Zanck*Zanck*Zanck]
November 29th, 2005 02:32 PM
twicks1 Seeing as the Super Bowl is in Detroit this year, they should do a set full of Motown covers.

Just My Imagination
Going to a Go Go

What am I forgetting?
November 29th, 2005 02:39 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

The silence following a Joey post in the year 2005 is often long and uncomfortable. People have just stopped caring. Even the crickets have found better things to do.

It really is over isn't it ?!?!

Your material has become drier than Phyllis Diller's c##t !

November 29th, 2005 02:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
Seeing as the Super Bowl is in Detroit this year, they should do a set full of Motown covers.

Just My Imagination
Going to a Go Go

What am I forgetting?

aint too proud to beg
November 29th, 2005 02:40 PM
the good
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
Seeing as the Super Bowl is in Detroit this year, they should do a set full of Motown covers.

Just My Imagination
Going to a Go Go

What am I forgetting?

I like this idea!
November 29th, 2005 03:50 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:
It really is over isn't it ?!?!

Your material has become drier than Phyllis Diller's c##t !

Yep there he goes folks. Predictably using a post of mine to defend himself. He's all dried up people. Nothing.

Water!!!!....Water!!!.....
November 29th, 2005 04:16 PM
Joey " Yep there he goes folks. Predictably using a post of mine to defend himself. "

You make young Joey say , Huh ?!?!

That's it !!!!!

I'm coming for ya tonight .......................

[ Edited by Sean Penn ]

[Edited by Joey]
November 29th, 2005 05:25 PM
sammy davis jr. They'll either use pre-recorded tracks, lip -sync, or they'll suck....maybe all three. You cannot play "live" at the Super Bowl and be assured the sound will be of good quality. I'll keep my fingers crossed they don't embarass us all.
November 29th, 2005 06:25 PM
Soldatti Please, no Rain Fall Down again.
November 29th, 2005 06:33 PM
Some Guy Tha Atlanta Falcons will also be there!
November 29th, 2005 09:22 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck .....Perhaps Jagger will revive his '81 Football-uniform Stage outfit?

In all honesty yer gonna get
Start me up
Miss you
a new one (A Billlion bigger bangers out there)
definitely a Medley duet w/ whoever else is on the bill??
Ashlee Simpson?Britney"Satisfaction"Spears?
November 29th, 2005 10:20 PM
glencar At Thanksgiving, my brother-in-law couldn't wait to tell me how bad that AMA performance was. I can't go through that again!
November 29th, 2005 10:59 PM
parmeda glenny...can I introduce my brother-in-law to your brother-in-law? They seem as if they'd get along quite lovely being the assholes they have perfected to be, no?

(I am sooooooo dreading our Super Bowl party...)
November 29th, 2005 11:41 PM
glencar Actually, my BIL liked that Bridges To Bablyon DVD except for the non-warhorses. What can you do about a Dave Matthews fan?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)