ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Gypsy rules the entire world!!
Continental Club, Houston TX November - December 2, 2005
© 2005 Newscom, with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rock Hall of Fame Announces Inductees Return to archive
November 28th, 2005 01:02 PM
Gimme Shelter

Mon Nov 28,10:57 AM ET

Black Sabbath, Miles Davis and the Sex Pistols are among five musical legends to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation will hold its induction ceremony March 13 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Manhattan, the organization announced Monday.

Also to be inducted into the class of 2006: 1980s New Wave band Blondie and Southern rockers Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss, who founded A&M records in 1962, will receive a lifetime achievement award in the non-performer category.

Inductees into the side-men category will be announced at a later date.

Musicians, industry professionals and journalists vote on the nominations. Artists are eligible to be inducted into the Rock Hall after at least 25 years have passed since their first record was released.
November 28th, 2005 02:13 PM
gimmekeef Still no SKYNRYD????????..WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 28th, 2005 07:27 PM
keefjunkie "Also to be inducted into the class of 2006: 1980s New Wave band Blondie and Southern rockers Lynyrd Skynyrd."

?.........
November 28th, 2005 08:43 PM
BILL PERKS NO VAN HALEN OR MELLENCAMP..WHAT A FUCKIN JOKE
November 28th, 2005 08:46 PM
Nellcote Say It Loud & Proud,
Hold Your BIC lighters high in the air...
FREEBIRD!!!!!
Long Live Skynyrd........
November 29th, 2005 12:23 AM
Promo It's about time for Skynyrd and The Sex Pistols.
November 29th, 2005 12:53 AM
Prodigal Son Sabbath? Ok, I guess some metal bands need to get in. But come on, this better not open the floodgates to utter sh!t metal like Def Leppard or something. Good to see the Miles Davis (after all, he was a pioneer of jazz-rock and fusion) and Skynyrd get in., But Blondie? One or two good albums before they imploded and became crappy. And the Pistols had one album and the hype surrounding them since is enough to get them in. I guess when bands like Blondie and Sabbath get in, Uriah Heep can't be far behind. Yikes.
November 29th, 2005 05:41 AM
corgi37 Actually, i think skynrd is the atrocity. At least Blondie and Sex Pistols totally represented and changed things. Though, i gotta say, i hate both bands. Ok, i dont "mind" some of Blondie.

No Mellencamp - he probably will be soon. But really, he was a poor mans Springsteen. And, i used to love his stuff. Live, he was brilliant. When he sacked Kenny Aronoff (just left Oz playing with John Fogerty), Mellencamp lost the frigging plot. Then, i see this weird song with the weird and annoying Travis Tritt. Puke city!!

Wonder if Sabbath would have been included if Ozzie wasnt on MTV?? I have zero of their stuff, but i guess they have been a major influence. Alot of the grunge era people cited them as a major influence, way above bands like Sex Pistols or Stones.

In reality, who cares?
November 29th, 2005 09:12 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Corgi...you wouldnt believe the allegiance to Skynryrd down here in the southern USA even after all these years.I agree with you its not a big deal and has become way watered down..but these guys deserve to be there..They kicked some big time ass in their day...

Actually, i think skynrd is the atrocity. At least Blondie and Sex Pistols totally represented and changed things. Though, i gotta say, i hate both bands. Ok, i dont "mind" some of Blondie.

No Mellencamp - he probably will be soon. But really, he was a poor mans Springsteen. And, i used to love his stuff. Live, he was brilliant. When he sacked Kenny Aronoff (just left Oz playing with John Fogerty), Mellencamp lost the frigging plot. Then, i see this weird song with the weird and annoying Travis Tritt. Puke city!!

Wonder if Sabbath would have been included if Ozzie wasnt on MTV?? I have zero of their stuff, but i guess they have been a major influence. Alot of the grunge era people cited them as a major influence, way above bands like Sex Pistols or Stones.

In reality, who cares?

November 29th, 2005 09:39 AM
mac_daddy skynard is weak, but then again, the whole endeavour (r+r hof) is kinda weak...

but no stooges..? wtf

and letting the sex pistols in..? gimme a break!
November 29th, 2005 12:40 PM
FPM C10 Another batch of good reasons to burn the place down.

The only one here that belongs is the Pistols, imo, and Johnny has been pretty vocal about saying the place is a joke...hopefully he'll burn it down when they indict, um, I mean, induct them....

Miles Davis would die if he wasn't already dead. Rock & roll????

Skynyrd...isn't there a redneck hall of fame somewhere? Branson, MO?
November 29th, 2005 01:07 PM
Nellcote Still lookin’ for love: J. Geils snubbed from rock’s hall
By Sarah Rodman
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - Updated: 02:43 AM EST

Votes for the J. Geils Band musta got lost on the way to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ballot box.

How else to explain why the classic Boston rock and soul band didn’t make the list when the class of 2006 Black Sabbath, Blondie, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Sex Pistols and jazz legend Miles Davis was announced yesterday.

"That pisses me off," said legendary WBCN DJ Charles LaQuidara, on the horn from Hawaii. "Peter Wolf without a doubt is arguably one of the greatest live rock entertainers I have ever seen. Seeing Peter on stage is like watching a painter, like a rock Picasso."

"It’s despicable," LaQuidara said. "Somebody’s missing the boat."

WZLX music director Carter Alan thinks it’s a shame the hardworking sextet,renowned for their hot live shows' didn’t make the cut, but he also thinks he understands why.

"In Boston, one of our top five songs at ’ZLX is 'Must’ve Got Lost,’ he said. "That is not a huge song outside of Boston or some other urban centers like Detroit. I think a lot of people and critics that vote for the Hall of Fame just miss a huge amount of their catalog, the stuff that we would consider essential, the stuff we believe would get them into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame."

"I think the sad fact is to the world at large the only thing they know about the J. Geils Band is 'Centerfold,’ " he said.

The J. Geils Band is in good company. Other nominees this year who didn’t get called up include John Mellencamp and the Stooges (Acts are eligible 25 years after the release of their first album).

The biggest inductee news this year is that after a decade of complaints one outcast band finally did get the hall’s approval: heavy metal progenitors Black Sabbath.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony takes place March 13 at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York.

WOOFA GOOFA MAMA TOOFAH~BLOW YOUR FACE OUT BABY!!!
November 29th, 2005 01:32 PM
Egbert There's nothing "R&R" about the "R&R" HOF.
November 29th, 2005 03:53 PM
FPM C10
"Peter Wolf without a doubt is arguably one of the greatest live rock entertainers I have ever seen ..."

I'm absolutely positive he might be right!

November 29th, 2005 04:18 PM
monkey_man Is Peter Wolf still alive? I used to work at 2 clubs in Boston in the 80's . . . whenever he would come in he looked like death.
November 29th, 2005 09:13 PM
Nellcote Peter Wolf can regularly be seen tooling around Beantown, at some chic bistro or bar on or off Newbury St.
He was at both Fenway shows, as well as the rehearsals.
He will probably dine with Sir Mick in January at the Four Seasons.
He played a couple of gigs this year at a place in Maynard
He's still thin as a rail, and he can still put on a music extravaganza which IMO is difficult to match by any live performer.
Caught him live New Years Eve @ the Hard Rock on Clarendon St 2 yrs ago, still one of the best Rock shows I've ever seen.
He worked the tiny room like he owned it, personally introducing friends, his girl, as well as running around the club, leading a conga line of sorts, high fiving everyone.
The backdrop of the stage was the silver-glitter curtain I swear was used in parts of the old Love Stinks video..
Gawd, I need a good live Wolf show right now...
November 29th, 2005 09:49 PM
mac_daddy i seriously hope you guys are kidding about john cougar. he absolutely sucks. file under "O" for "overrated" alongside bon jovi and oasis...
November 29th, 2005 10:04 PM
sirmoonie Word on the street is that Ronnie James Dio doesn't get inducted with Sabbath. He truly was a rainbow in the dark.
November 30th, 2005 05:21 AM
Navin No ALICE COOPER (band or solo) either...
November 30th, 2005 09:40 AM
Martha
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i seriously hope you guys are kidding about john cougar. he absolutely sucks. file under "O" for "overrated" alongside bon jovi and oasis...

I wish you wouldn't talk about my ex this way. Johnny is very talented. Check him out!

:-)
November 30th, 2005 09:43 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Are ZZ Top there yet.

Im a rough boy!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)