ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida March 3, 1999
By Roostah!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: aussie tour - CONFIRMED! Return to archive
11-29-02 06:41 AM
corgi37 Oh, happy days fellow aussies, and anyone else interested. The Aussie tour is confirmed! FUCKING YES!! Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane only. So far, anyway. Melbourne has only 1 show so far, Feb 24th at Telstra Dome. I think another will be on, but i am hoping the tennis centre is the venue (that way we get the stadium and arena shows). A lot of fuss is going to be made about ticket prices to avoid the fiasco that wimp mccartney encountered. Now, "gold" seats for Kiss and the melbourne symphony orchestra is $405. I reckon the stones might go for $350-$400 for the best seats. Well, i'm down for 2. Cant wait. I am so bloody wired.
11-29-02 06:48 AM
fmk438j You see this? Mottrush was going to post it, but since he hasn't yet...

Stones roll into Docklands
By NUI TE KOHA
29nov02

THE Rolling Stones will play at Docklands Stadium on February 24.

And, learning from the Paul McCartney debacle, tour organisers for the Stones are working frantically on acceptable ticket prices and arena-zoning plans.
Fans can expect to pay between $100 for cheap seats and $400 for the so-called golden circle. Tickets go on sale on December 11.

"They are spending an inordinate amount of time working out ticket price plans in terms of what to charge, in what sections, and how many sections there will be," an insider told the Herald Sun.

"There are e-mails sent daily switching from plan A to plan B, to plan C, to plan X and the rest of it. This tour is being constantly tweaked and refined."

Sources said the Stones will make an official Australian tour announcement on Sunday.

The Stones, the most profitable live act ever, will perform in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

They have allowed a four-day window of opportunity at Telstra Dome. Their latest world jaunt, a greatest hits romp celebrating 40 years in show business, caps off a decade in which the Stones earned $1.3 billion in tour receipts alone.

It is significant for fans that tour organisers want the best ticketing plan for the Stones at Telstra Dome. Industry sources said the sales trend for McCartney's aborted show at Docklands caused a major re-think.

They said McCartney's best and worst seats, $450 and $100 respectively, sold strongly but mid-range tickets did slower business.

A leading concert promoter said fans need to be convinced about Docklands as a rock venue.

"The Stones' demographic leans heavily to 50 and 60-year-olds, people at the peak of their earning cycle," the promoter said.

"If they want to indulge themselves, they will pay $400 or $500 to sit five or 10 rows away from Mick Jagger. But I don't think they would see it the same way at Telstra Dome. There is the perception that, if you're not in the best seats section, you might be 100 rows away."

Promoter Paul Dainty snagged the Stones' Australian tour months ago.

Constant changes to the schedule, dates and venues have caused announcement delays. The Stones' tour has played to stadiums, arenas and theatres in the US, with different set lists and production.

11-29-02 08:06 AM
stonedinaustralia sangre de madre de dios

so what do we have confirmed then? docklands 24.2.03?

what about brisbane??

is melbourne first/last or in the middle - are they going up or down the coast or what... is perth still on the map?? adelaide sure isn't...the riot days are gone...

anyway, thanx again at least we know now they are coming...'tho i'll believe it when i see it

when are tix available?... do you know?

24th is either first or last i guess

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
11-30-02 07:55 AM
corgi37 jagger and keith are supposed to be making an announcement tomorrow (sunday). Tickets go on sale on Dec 11. last time Melbourne was 1st, so i guess its melb, syd, bris. I dont know why s.a. or w.a. are'nt included, but that may change, depending on sales. i expect Mondays Sun (for Melbourne readers) will have an ad. Price is no object, as i have my credit card literally screaming to be maxxed out. Then of course their is the merchandice. I'm going all out as this will be the 100% last time they come to Oz. My only problem is, if i get say 1st 10 rows, will my neck hurt trying to take all the action in? I cant wait though. Wifey is coming, and i know she will be blown away. I only hope i dont do what i did in 95. I cried like a fucking baby when that snakey thing lit up and blew flames at the start of the voodoo lounge show.