ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida March 3, 1999
By Roostah!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thanksgiving Return to archive
11-28-02 11:26 AM
magicwoman What is exaclty thanksgiving why did the americans celkebrate is?i think it is typical Amercian
11-28-02 11:29 AM
F505 They thank the Stones because they every time start their world tour in the States
11-28-02 11:36 AM
magicwoman That so cool i think i got to live in America
11-28-02 11:40 AM
Moonisup WAtch out F505 ore you go in the big bag of Sinterklaas
11-29-02 04:03 AM
F505 no room left because you are already in it Moon! wahahahahahahaha!!!
11-29-02 04:06 AM
Moonisup oh no, have I been a nauty boy? I don't know heheheheh
11-29-02 04:10 AM
F505 Sinterklaas does (you probably listened to Macca-records)
11-29-02 06:18 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
magicwoman wrote:
What is exaclty thanksgiving why did the americans celkebrate is?i think it is typical Amercian

it is - and it's a good question - i guess i could look it up on the internet but it would be intersting to here from our american friends first hand what it means to them

so far i've figured out that for nasty habits it means visiting reatives in iowa when perhaps he'd rather not and for joey it's second only to xmas in terms of alcohol consumption

in away it sounds like a bit of a warm up for the xmas season which of course was a pagan celebration co-opted by the christians when it was the hip religion during the fall of rome etc. etc.....

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
11-29-02 06:26 AM
fmk438j I thought is was the same thing as independance day, but someone told me it wasn't.

I think in 'Ernest goes to summer camp' they do a thanksgiving play about the indians and new religious settlers which was the first thanksgiving, but I saw it about 10 years ago so it may not have been in that fine film.

[Edited by fmk438j]
11-29-02 02:48 PM
nankerphelge Y'all kinda got the whole idea behind it. It is derived from the Pilgrims who came and settled in this country from Europe. It has that good-harvest-at-the-end-of-the-year feeling and is traditionally a get together of family to eat and drink alot. Typical meal consists of a big-ass turkey, stuffing, cranberries, and pumkin pie. Football has crept in as part of the tradition as well -- it is what we all watch as we fall asleep in front of the tube after dinner.

It does kind of kick off the holiday season in the states. Today is one of the busiest shopping days of the holiday season. Not for me though. I'm at home with a roaring fire in the fireplace and some great chiba!
11-29-02 04:14 PM
Moonisup wasn't there something with a boat, who led the pilgrims to the USA
11-29-02 04:17 PM
sasca Harald, the purple goose.
11-30-02 01:51 PM
Scottfree
quote:
magicwoman wrote:
What is exaclty thanksgiving why did the americans celkebrate is?i think it is typical Amercian

Well it's where everyone gets there favorite lashing stick and gathers around the Elton John Pinata, and lash away, Keith gets the first shot... Fine tradition it is...we use the Elton John duck suit Pinata, which one do you use?