ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida March 3, 1999
By Roostah!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fuck Jimi Return to archive
11-27-02 06:47 PM
Mother baby The old man's story needs to be on the radar screen too. Jimi's old man wasn't Jimi, but maybe he needs a bit of Press too. Great man. And he just LOVED Jimi!!!!!
11-27-02 07:57 PM
*ginda What in the hell are you talking about, Mother Baby? And why start a new thread titled "Fuck Jimi"? I'm assuming you are being sarcastic when you speak of the close relationship Jimi had with his father. Please either get it off your chest, or bury it deep.
11-27-02 08:22 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Mother baby wrote:
The old man's story needs to be on the radar screen too. Jimi's old man wasn't Jimi, but maybe he needs a bit of Press too. Great man. And he just LOVED Jimi!!!!!

Mother baby... looking at the last posteds....

I'd say we've got someone pullin' a bonafide Soulie on our hands!

Where are you now, real Soulie? We miss ya!

-tSYX --- Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
11-27-02 08:31 PM
Mother baby
quote:
*ginda wrote:
What in the hell are you talking about, Mother Baby? And why start a new thread titled "Fuck Jimi"? I'm assuming you are being sarcastic when you speak of the close relationship Jimi had with his father. Please either get it off your chest, or bury it deep.

OK OK. Nothing deep about it. When I read Big Jims bio a few years ago I was impressed. I think he could be greater than Jimi.....and he may well have been. ...no to easy task. These people were transients....Big Jim and his parents...Big Jims mum was a vaudville show girl....does that surprise you???? Grandpa Hendrix (if that was the name) was a juggler or something. ) These people were in show busineess a Long time beore Jimi came along. So it ain't just about him. They knew Jimi was destined to be great.....it was known....probably back in 20's. It did Not come as a surprise.

11-27-02 09:23 PM
~AzQb

MotherFoookinBabble !

....IT JUST so happens "Freedom" is blasting over here at this very moment as i try in vain to decipher yer confounded words-- or even to find a valid train of thought thruout the whole.

My question is...to the entirety of your two posts, a resounding "So???"

So what if Jimi's mom danced on the circuit? so what about grampa this and grammma that ? And so what about Al?

What's your point? How may we make this a readble thread?

Thanks~!
11-27-02 09:52 PM
gypsymofo60 WTF was that all about??????????????????? Iggy describes himself as "trailer trash"_ so what! He's still a fucking great artist, so was Hendrix, the guy's genius is without question. What does one's background have to do with the price of eggs?
11-28-02 12:44 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ?
11-28-02 12:45 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Are you doin' heavy drugs baby? What was that?

11-28-02 03:41 AM
Mother baby
quote:
~AzQb wrote:
MotherFoookinBabble !
....My question is...to the entirety of your two posts, a resounding "So???
What's your point? How may we make this a readble thread?
Thanks~!

Now that I think about it I can hardly make sense of it all my self.LOL. But I'll try to make it make some sense if I can as I at least owe a little something to the old boy. I guess it was about a year ago that I read Old Hendrix's obit. I mean it was really nothing special. But
I guess you could say that I kind of fell in love with the guy a bit. I sensed reading between the lines that he was a lovely human being...genuine...genuinely a nice guy. Sometimes I have a hard time time thinking of our "rock stars" as actually being human. My own tendency (and I'm working on stopping it) is to indulge in what I like to call "mindless hero worship". Kind of a hangover of a misspent youth I guess. Personally I love Hendrix...Band of Gypsy's is probably the best live album ever made. Wish I had it right now.

11-28-02 04:01 AM
Mother baby
quote:
~AzQb wrote:
MotherFoookinBabble !
- or even to find a valid train of thought thruout the whole.

Huh? I must not be very articualte? Sorry, maybe just grasping at straws from a confused mental state LOL. No really I have kind of a facination with geneologys. I think they're more important than what the modern common wisdom suggests. I have my "parents" traits too much I think. The good and the bad...can't shake it ..it just ...well....IS.
I'm trying to say that Hendrix people were show biz any way.
JImi just didn't appear out of nowhere. Hey Keith didn't either....all this is no accident. Some luck maybe but no accident. Anyone ever trace the Stones back??? That's got to be profound. If I had time I would but I just don't have the time LOL. I know Keith's granddad Gus was some kind of musician but thats all I know.
BTW I like the avavtar AZQB. Who is it? LOL.

11-28-02 04:40 AM
~AzQb

MotherNowClarifyingBabble!

Thank you for the clarification...i think i'm beginning to understand what you were getting at about heredity, now that things are a little lighter{!} with you explaining a bit.

Thanks again for flipping the switch on * )

And The avatar? That's TheRealReALThing~ Baby!

~RoTbFl,SpJrLsS

~RoTbFl,SpJrLsS
11-28-02 05:07 AM
Mother baby
quote:
~AzQb wrote:

MotherNowClarifyingBabble!

Thank you for the clarification...
~RoTbFl,SpJrLsS

Yeah. I popped into a lounge after work. Being tired, stressed out and quite bored I plugged in JJF into the juke box for the gazzillonth time.....being still bored....and then it hit me!!!!!!! yet again.... back sided and broadsided yet again, I just never seem to learn my lesson..
In defense of JB, the Beatles are ok but the proofs in the pudding. Why swat flies with cannon balls?

11-28-02 05:19 AM
~AzQb

Ok MuthaBabblinBaby!!

Now why did ya have to go and do that?!

I'm Lost again!

~RoTbFl,SpJrLsS
11-28-02 05:25 AM
F505 Good to see Robert Crumb back
11-28-02 06:00 AM
Mother baby
quote:
~AzQb wrote:

I'm Lost again!

~RoTbFl,SpJrLsS

Naw. Lost? The next right is the Twilight Zone.
Please send me home.
11-28-02 06:02 AM
RubyFriday Go to bed MB
11-28-02 06:23 AM
Mother baby
quote:
RubyFriday wrote:
Go to bed MB

What???? Those were some really great posts! But... Us intellectuals have a real hard time getting our finer points across to to the Hoi Poli.
11-28-02 06:48 AM
~AzQb
MothaFoookinRamblinBaby

Now don't start that psuedo "i'm just too intelligent for you people to understand my posts" shit. Please.

The stuff you started posting was unthought out, disjointed, and MoRe than a Leeeeeeetle confusing.

Naw, yer not too smart, Baby. You just got fucked up and posted without really thinking. No big!

~Wish i was at Casa de Maxy for turkey today!

~!
11-28-02 06:59 AM
stonedinaustralia ~Az, aint it just a train ride or two away

just give max a call and let him know yer comin' over to give thanks... if i lived in new york city i can think of no other place i'd rather be than have goodtimes in the casa de maxy (he should sell tickets and t- shirts )

dead joe could work the door

11-28-02 07:08 AM
Mother baby
quote:
~AzQb wrote:

MothaFoookinRamblinBaby

Now don't start that psuedo "i'm just too intelligent for you people to understand my posts" shit. Please.

Why not? I do have disclaimer.

The stuff you started posting was unthought out, disjointed,
Not at all. I mean I expect the people who post here are at least semi-literate....I don't expect them to be actually educated.....and it don't mean shit to me. The best education in my life came from The Rolling Stones.

and MoRe than a Leeeeeeetle confusing.

Naw, yer not too smart, Baby. You just got fucked up and posted without really thinking. No big!

~Wish i was at Casa de Maxy for turkey today!

~!

11-29-02 05:53 AM
icydanger waiting at the station

"a train ride or two away"

Coming back on this
I had such an uncomfortable anxious feeling when you mentioned Al
As if I had missed some one
I did, he passed away in April
Al and Jimi seemed to have a very good relation, love shows on all their pics, Al respected jimi, and helped him carry his dreams out. A good, reliable father, a good son, both loving and caring, poets. Compatible characters.

The F@* word you used to name your thread�. A provocation. The only reason I can see to say that,
is the mourning and anger over Jimi,
the magic boy, leaving this world, and never to grow old.