ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida March 3, 1999
By Roostah!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A collection of photgraphs will be auctioned this week (SSC) Return to archive
11-27-02 05:19 PM
CS Contemporary Britain captured on film Nov 27 2002

The Western Mail

A COLLECTION of photographs by celebrities that capture for them contemporary Britain will be auctioned this week.

Everything from a mug of tea, rock legends the Rolling Stones and even the London Eye have been held up as representing a private view of this country by a wide range of personalities.

Supermodel Jodie Kidd, photo-graphed herself in a country pub enjoying a pint, Joan Collins snapped her daughter Tara and granddaughter Miel, and former Prime Minister John Major took a picture of the Yorkshire moors.

The images will be displayed for one day only at the Tower of London tomorrow and auctioned that night with the proceeds going to Cancer Research UK which launches its children's cancers awareness month from December 1.

The event has been organised by the non-profit making organisation Walpole to celebrate its 10th anniversary promoting British excellence at home and abroad.

Jodie said of her picture, "Me supping a pint in the Half Moon pub in Kirdford, West Sussex ... my local. There is no better way to spend a weekend than enjoying a pint in a warm country pub.

"I travel the world with my work, but this is the scene I always dream of coming home to."

Speaking of his landscape photograph, John Major said, "A panoramic shot of the Yorkshire moors, which I believe captures perfectly the beauty and natural wildness of our countryside. Even on a misty day a view lifts the soul."

A picture of the wilds of Scotland was taken by the Duchess of York, she said, "The isolation of the single poppy, thriving in a field of thistles, encapsulated for me the historic magic of the wilds of Scotland."