ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida March 3, 1999
By Roostah!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DAT/CDR trading want list Return to archive
11-26-02 08:11 PM
Dan There really isnt much more from this tour I need but here is a link to a huge list of stuff by other bands I am looking for and have 2002 Stones to trade for. Havent added it to the list but still on the lookout for Cleveland, San Antonio and maybe Nashville. Also some opening acts for this tour.

http://www.geocities.com/ijwthstd/wantlist.html
11-26-02 08:31 PM
Gazza Dan - I have that Stones "Blinded by Love" CDR from your 'wants' list

If you're happy enough to get a CDR copy of it,e-mail me your address and I'll send it off to you a.s.a.p.
11-26-02 09:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Dan

Can you transfer a DAT to CDR?

I need it so bad as Nashville 1997 is available now in DAT from a friend but we need to convert it to CDR. Please reply here or mail me at [email protected], thanks in advance.
11-28-02 02:34 AM
marko yes you can,,BUT,if you have stand alone burner,,,you must
do that thru analog machine,,,,,so its no longer digital.
MD is better,,,if you wanna do direct digital copies.
11-28-02 10:53 AM
Dan
quote:
marko wrote:
yes you can,,BUT,if you have stand alone burner,,,you must
do that thru analog machine,,,,,so its no longer digital.
MD is better,,,if you wanna do direct digital copies.

Not if you have the right kind of standalone burner. I had a Tascam CDRW700. Plug the optical cable in, stick the track marks in the right places on the DAT tapes, adjust the levels according to the margin indicator on the DAT machine and let her go. Even used computer discs. Thing was awesome but I burned it out. I should have just used it for mastering.
11-28-02 11:00 AM
Dan
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Dan

Can you transfer a DAT to CDR?

Not at the present time. Its all a matter of getting the right programs and learning how to do it but I am lazy and complacent and cant really be bothered to hassle it, not when I dont really care for the format all that much to begin with. I like just being able to hit a button then walk away and forget about it. Have literally hundreds of DAT masters and hundreds more on analog so transferring everything to another format and would be a life project.
Gave Wiltern to a friend to do because too many people knew I was there so I didnt really want to hoard it and if I did DAT trade only on that, the bootleggers would have copies before my friends did.