ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida March 3, 1999
By Roostah!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Favourite 10 Stones songs? Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-30-02 07:40 AM
corgi37 bloody hell, how can i choose only 10. well, nothing ventured...
1. sympathy (studio/live, stunning song)
2. sway (to me, THE quintessential stones song. the lyrics, the solo's, sloppy guitar, slightly out of sync backing vocals - oh how i wish they would ditch the smooth backing singers! - charlie managing to invent a time signature all his own. It has is all)
3. jjflash (perfection)
4. gimme shelter (first time i heard it, i got chills up my spine and i cried as i knew i had heard a song not written by mortals)
5. let it loose (lo-fi sound, hi-fi effect on my senses)
6. moonlight mile (the "hiawatha" last drums towards the end still make me feel 10 feet tall).
7. stray cat blues (yeah, sex baby. Time and again, the stones prove that only they can stop a song and get it going again. Notice how each instrument is re-introduced for the rave up ending. And listen to Charlie as this happens. he gives a few moves around the kit before smashing a 8 beat on the snare to allow the rave up. Genius!)
8.i'm going down (An odd choice, i know, but i have never been able to get this song out of my head. I mean, have the stones ever had heavier guitars. And in a totally different chord structure to what they usually use. And, those bongos. Love this track, and am getting the cd of Metamorphasis for xmas)
9.might as well get juiced (another odd choice, but this is the best track on b2b. SHould have been the 1st single too. Marries the blues with modern sounds. when i bought the cd, i played this track about 10 times in a row.
But really, how can you pick 10?? But these ones stand out for personal reasons to me. I should have put in miss you as that was the song that got me hooked into them. But, only 10!!
11-30-02 11:40 AM
Mer_Jagger Can't Always Get What You Want
Anybody Seen My Baby
Rock and a Hard Place
Almost Hear You Sigh
Mixed Emotions
Too Tight
Bitch
Don't Stop
Sympathy for the Devil
Start Me Up
Shattered
Only Rock N' Roll
Bitch
Dead Flowers
Moonlight Mile
Gimme Shelter
Jumpin Jack Flash
Ruby Tuesday
19th Nervous Breakdown
If You Can't Rock Me
Monkey Man
Street Fighting Man
Under My Thumb
11-30-02 12:11 PM
T.CentralScrutinizer 1. What to do
2. Out of time
3. Mother's little helper
4. Miss you
5. Salt of the earth
6. Some Girls
7. Jumpin' Jack Flash
8. Honky Tonk Women
9. Can you hear me knocking?
10. (Walking through) the sleepy city
11-30-02 03:40 PM
Monkey Woman All these lists are not easy! Here we go, in no particular order:

Sympathy For The Devil
Let It Bleed
Dead Flowers
Paint It Black
I Got The Blues
Dancing With Mister D.
Flip The Switch
Slipping Away
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Happy

And Live With Me, Monkey Man, Miss You, 100 Years Ago, Sway, Highwire, You Got Me Rocking, 200 Light Years From Home, Brown Sugar...
If I don't stop now, I'll name them all!

Love,

Irene
11-30-02 08:10 PM
sasca How about the most underrated Stones songs? At the moment I'd say 'Citadel' or 'I am Waiting.'
Page: 1 2