ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida March 3, 1999
By Roostah!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What has happened to opium? Return to archive
11-26-02 01:12 PM
sasca You don�t hear much about it.
11-26-02 01:19 PM
jb Ask the taliban..the crop is supposedly very good this year...we did'nt pay off the Afghan farmers so they went oon a growing spree...personally love the stuff...
11-26-02 03:23 PM
keefa Have not seen any in a long time--hard to get, but good stuff.
11-26-02 03:57 PM
nankerphelge Joey has it all.
11-26-02 04:32 PM
gypsy Joey and I often go back to Viet Nam, to the wonderful city of Nuk Mao, and load up on opium. But, we just haven't had the chance to go this year. Hopefully next year! Opium for everyone! Yay!
11-27-02 12:46 AM
gypsymofo60 The Turks have enough to keep everyone nice and mellow even if The Taliban's production has been interrupted. Read De Quincey's 'Confessions Of An English Opium Eater'....My laudnum awaits.
11-27-02 04:55 AM
Mother baby
quote:
jb wrote:
..the crop is supposedly very good this year...we did'nt pay off the Afghan farmers so they went oon a growing spree...

Yeah!!!..Afghan bumper crop this year...
"Back In Business Again" AC/DC
11-27-02 08:54 PM
CousinCocaine Good pure opium - at least here in Europe - that was in the 60's/ early 70's.

Now it's mostly bad cheap Heroin. Pity . .

Oh, and Keith still got a nice brown/black lump hidden in some field in old England !
CC
11-27-02 09:02 PM
Mother baby [quote]CousinCocaine wrote:
cheap Heroin.
/quote]

Yeah bad and cheap? Oh well. Poppy smoppy? Iike to live sleeping sux.
11-27-02 09:50 PM
CousinCocaine Best times for opium was in 60's/early 70's (in Europe at least).
These days it's all bad cheap Heroin.

And of course Keith still got a lump of the black/brown stuff hidden in a field near Ronnies old home (or the crows had some nice days) . .
CC
11-27-02 10:35 PM
gypsy Ha! You can't even get good C here. Everyone loves crank. At least with coke, you can sweat it out of your body. With crank, it comes out through sores. It's like the white trash drug of choice.
11-28-02 06:51 AM
fmk438j I have a question.

The opiates used in medecine - morphine - are these actual opium derivatives or are they synthetic?

I ask because I wondered if morphine was the real deal, where do they grow the legit poppies?

11-28-02 06:59 AM
fmk438j You gotta check this out. You can order various opium poppy seeds -

grow your own, man.

http://www.poppies.org/

It really is an interesting site.
[Edited by fmk438j]
11-28-02 07:18 AM
Mother baby [quote]fmk438j wrote:
...grow your own, man.
/quote]

Hmnnn....ain't it funny that children finally catch on after a while.

11-28-02 07:23 AM
fmk438j
quote:
Mother baby wrote:
[quote]fmk438j wrote:
...grow your own, man.
/quote]

Hmnnn....ain't it funny that children finally catch on after a while.

this is common?
11-28-02 08:07 AM
stonedinaustralia what has happend to opium??

it got stashed with joey's dope... and now he's dead no-ones ever going to find it
11-28-02 09:01 AM
nankerphelge Morphine, like heroin, is a natural opiate derivative.
There used to be a synthetic called (I think) morpheme or something like that -- used to "cure" addicts.

I think you can still get opium-laced hash in various places.
11-28-02 09:18 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
I have a question.

The opiates used in medecine - morphine - are these actual opium derivatives or are they synthetic?

I ask because I wondered if morphine was the real deal, where do they grow the legit poppies?

morphine is the real deal - the true extract of the poppy - heroin is a less "pure" analog of the same drug as is coedine - they are all opiates - that's why you need a script for panadol forte -

heroin was originally developed as a cure for morphine addiction!! ha!!
11-28-02 09:20 AM
stonedinaustralia sorry nanker - didn't see your post before i put up mine - it is true - great minds do think alike!!
11-29-02 12:37 PM
FPM C10 Up here in the sticks I'm always leery of what's called "opium" - I always suspect that it's not really the same stuff that De Quincey wrote about. Tastes like perfume.

I think a really positive thing in this war we've been railroaded into would be for Afghanistan to give up growing poppies and go back to making the world's finest hashish. I haven't had any hash in YEARS.
11-29-02 02:37 PM
nankerphelge Me either FPM! Gotta rectify that situation I reckon. Nuthin' says Nolte like a rum and hash nite!! That would be an excellent pre-Stones warm up.
11-29-02 05:14 PM
fmk438j
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Nuthin' says Nolte like a rum and hash nite!! That would be an excellent pre-Stones warm up.

More like a recipe for a 3 day coma, rather than a stones warm-up (for me anyway).