ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida March 3, 1999
By Roostah!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Show So Far? Return to archive
11-26-02 11:33 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Having heard very few complete shows (but lotsa clips here & there), I'm not really qualified... and of course I haven't heard anything from The Wiltern yet... but with meager knowledge equipped, I'm going to say Roseland. Ronnie's solo in "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" is flooring. The feedback, the meandering snarl - different from Taylor... yet somehow just as powerful. And, of course, "That's How Strong My Love Is". Apparently this is Mick's tour.

Of course, "Rambler" goes without saying. That one's in the Top Ten Rambler List Of All Time.

Damn, I'm enjoying this far too much.

-tSYX --- Well, it's not one ah those...
11-26-02 11:55 AM
voodoopug I got to go with Aragon...had a blast there...WOrried about you was outstanding as was Dance and Torn and Frayed.

Ford Field was surprisingly good for a HOt Rocks show
11-26-02 05:18 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I got to go with Aragon...had a blast there...WOrried about you was outstanding as was Dance and Torn and Frayed.

Damn... "Worried About You" live... he must have brought the house down with that one.

-tSYX --- Don't know what you dream at night...
11-26-02 05:55 PM
sonicrock no doubt culb shows roseland aragon orpheum
11-26-02 06:05 PM
stonesindallas I would have to say Aragon. I went to the show and when they did "Worried About You" I said to my buddy "Damn he nailed that song". I have a copy of the boot now and the first time I listened to it I said "DAMN! he really nailed it". I can't stop listening to that tune. Definitely my favorite song they've done so far at any of the shows. Midnight Rambler in San Antonio was great as well. I can only hope for more of the same in Houston.
11-26-02 06:52 PM
SirMuddy First I was going for The Tower
(I only have boots right now... gonna catch them in January)
Now First Union center Philadelphia... is what I love best...
Nice sounds... Keith's loud! Ronnie too... Goooooood!
Columbus and Fort Lauderdale also sound good
but FUC Philadelphia is now THE best!
But can't wait to hear Wiltern!!
11-26-02 07:02 PM
full moon Aragon forever..
11-26-02 07:07 PM
littleredrooster Wiltern,Wiltern,Wiltern!
The acoustics of that theater were the BEST I have ever experienced!
38 shows and counting

Rooster
11-26-02 08:31 PM
telecaster I thought CYHMK from Roseland was the best until I heard the
same from Atlanta. Amazing

Whatever you do, get this bootleg.
11-26-02 09:07 PM
Mickjagger1963 roseland. period.
11-27-02 12:45 AM
Gimme Shelter The Oakland show!!!!!!!!!!!
11-27-02 03:29 AM
burningcore hey little red rooster - where were you sitting, or should I say standing, at the Wiltern? I was 3rd row center aisle loge and the sound was not real clean, a bit boomy
11-27-02 08:35 AM
Scottfree I can only say, Cleveland was better than Columbus...
11-27-02 08:40 AM
Maxlugar I would imagine only Stonesdoug would be qualified to answer this.

He's seen every friggin' show, hasn't he?

Nice life, if you can get it.

11-27-02 09:16 AM
gibb76
It has to be Hartford. Keith in his home state. What a show that was.

11-28-02 08:15 AM
Jumping Jack For those of you who liked Atlanta, Nashville was much, much better! Find someone with a copy of THIS show
11-28-02 08:24 AM
Moonisup paradiso 2003

for now: roseland
11-28-02 09:04 AM
cherryred Aragon. Hearing torn and frayed live was incredible. So was the entire show. Best concert event I ever attended. doubt any other show will ever top it.
11-28-02 09:38 AM
lotsajizz Hartford--best performance of the band so far, IMHO
11-28-02 10:28 AM
Jumacfly Well, haven t heard many shows , but can we say this tour is better, in term of quality and variety than btb or vl??

develloping..

cheers
Ju
11-28-02 01:38 PM
riffhard64 i was at the Fleet opening night and Gilette,both were very good shows but i would have given up both tix for the Orpheum,"Parachute Woman" is amazing and "Heart of Stone" was a nice surprise.in general i think the best shows have been the club shows..."She Smiled Sweetly" gave me chills the first time i heard it,Keith's backing vocal on that is incredible and "That's How Strong my Love Is" just absolutely shines.then you have Aragon and Torn n Frayed pops up and cant forget Tower Theater where No Expectations just blows my mind.....i have not yet heard the Wiltern but hear it has it's moments as well...so i cant pick a best show..lol..they are all the best!....
11-28-02 04:20 PM
shattered71 San Diego for sure!!! CYHMK and MR were awesome. By far the best out of the 3 shows I've seen(Staples/Edison).
11-28-02 06:32 PM
Joey Best Show ????????????????

Easy .............Denver , 02/01/03 . Man the Pepsi Center is gonna rack that night .

See ya all there !

" Bitch Slap Me Hard Ronnie "

Knock Knock !!!!!!

Who's there ??????

Joe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Who ??????????

Joe .........................................Fly

JoeFly

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Snaggle }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

11-28-02 06:40 PM
Martha

10/12/02
Ford Field
Detroit, MI

Unstoppable...I'm still not over it.
11-28-02 11:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot I've heard a bunch of shows from this tour.

I always go back to Roseland.

Hey Martha, you know how you feel about Ford Field? Triple it, and you'll know how I feel about Roseland.

Most of you know that I'm a big ball of energy. I'm like that even when I'm toasted. When Sirmoonie & I met up at Faces & Names after Roseland...I was completely drained. Wiped out. Mentally and physically. Normally after gigs I tend to laugh and babble a lot. Not after Roseland, I couldn't muster it up. I couldn't wrap my head around what I had just experienced. The Stones fucked me up that night. And I never enjoyed a beating as much.

Yet oddly, I don't feel like I never have to see them again. It wasn't the show to end all shows. It still left me wanting more.

11-28-02 11:29 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
burningcore wrote:
hey little red rooster - where were you sitting, or should I say standing, at the Wiltern? I was 3rd row center aisle loge and the sound was not real clean, a bit boomy

I was standing about 10 rows behind you in the MEZZ
I had not experienced the 'boominess' that you heard.
It was sweet,clear, and crisp!
Possibly all those celebrities around you absorbed all the high end !!!!
Roostah
[Edited by littleredrooster]
[Edited by littleredrooster]
11-30-02 02:10 AM
throbby the one your memory holds tight
11-30-02 09:36 AM
John Wood I have only been to four shows and I would have to say Detroit was my favorite, great sound and tons of energy!!
11-30-02 01:52 PM
Scottfree The next one!