ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida March 3, 1999
By Roostah!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's keepin' the Stones from releasing a comprehensive video collection? Return to archive
11-24-02 03:58 PM
Boomhauer I was at the store and saw some groups that have video collections. David Bowie has a two-disc collection!!!

Now, I know the Stones released Rewind back in '84 or '85, but it's not very comprehensive and complete.

The Stones have a lot of videos and they are never played on TV at all. I know the Stones have the material, and I'm curious why they didn't put something together with Forty Licks (or possibly just for the hell of it).

Is that Klein guy preventing a lot of things from happening, or what?
11-24-02 04:10 PM
Moonisup Arena 1998 is on video by the stones, most of their performances they have them on video

RELEASE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOZE I NEED THAT AND SEX
11-24-02 08:17 PM
Boomhauer I'm talkin' about music videos, Rik.
11-24-02 08:44 PM
mick&keith I really wish they would make any and ALL videos available...as you pointed out there are many i have never seen! Maybe someday!
11-24-02 08:57 PM
Boomhauer Well, I think that there is some reason that is keeping this from happening. Perhaps they've wanted to put all of the videos they have made into one collection, but the Klein's and ABKCO are halting the completion of a collection. I'm not sure, really. You'd think that they would want to do this, especially with a tour and greatest hit's deal going on now.

Fuck!!! It sucks to watch videos on the computer. It's just not the same as watching it on a nice TV.

You gotta admit. I would be a nice Christmas gift!
11-25-02 08:02 AM
ozstones
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
Well, I think that there is some reason that is keeping this from happening. Perhaps they've wanted to put all of the videos they have made into one collection, but the Klein's and ABKCO are halting the completion of a collection. I'm not sure, really. You'd think that they would want to do this, especially with a tour and greatest hit's deal going on now.

Fuck!!! It sucks to watch videos on the computer. It's just not the same as watching it on a nice TV.

You gotta admit. I would be a nice Christmas gift!

There is a 9VCD set of all promos from 1966-2001 around which I have and it is awesome. It plays on PC and DVD too!

Cheers

Andrew
11-30-02 08:28 AM
corgi37 Ok, i dont want to rant and be accused of not being a true stones fan or anything, but fuck, we are getting jipped big time on the video/dvd front. I mean, the fucking doors, a band that were together only 6 years and effectively finished 31 years ago, have more movies out than the stones! I realise alot of clips could not be released due to licencing hassles. Stuff like Ed Sullivan, top of the pops etc, but fuck, where is cocksucker blues? Surely, being the wonderful business men they are, a deal can be made with robert frank after 30 fucking years! ANd where is the full 5.1 remastered ladies and gentlemen? What are they waiting for? And, the 75 tour? Amazing stage and props, top sets...Where??? 78? In all the books, in all the fan stuff, all i have seen of this tour is about 5 photos. Surely 81 can be re-released, with more stuff. i know here in Oz we can be backward and have licencing hassles of our own (terminater 2 STILL aint on dvd here, and gimme shelter NEVER will be), but not even voodoo lounge is on dvd. Really, this just aint good enough. Beatles fans, the bastards, get everything. There should be a 40 licks dvd of clips. Now, not every song had a promo clip (honky tonk women, brown sugar and tumbling dice are 3 that spring to mind), but why not show us un-released live versions?