ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida March 3, 1999
By Roostah!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is there any RS album you can�t listen to in its entirety? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11-25-02 04:37 PM
Prodigal Son hmmm.. I just can't listen to every single second of TSMR because of "On with the Show" and "STSAT (See What Happens)" and Dirty Work because of, well, most songs aren't listenable as Stones work.
11-25-02 04:46 PM
sasca I like 'On with the Show' but it doesn't really fit. Actually, not much of the album does. I wish they'd decided to write a song cycle based on, say, Sidney's 'Astrophel and Stella' because much of the music is beautiful. It just isn't sufficiently cohesive to be the concept album it would like to be.
11-25-02 04:56 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy If you mean what can't I sit down and listen to every single song on?

Hmm.

Dirty Work, Black & Blue, No Security and Metamorphosis.

Through great force of will I can make it through Undercover ("Feel On Baby", "Too Much Blood" which I can only stand once in awhile) Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge ("New Faces", "Moon Is Up", "Brand New Car") and Their Satanic Majesties Request ("Sing This All Together (See What Happens)", "Gomper", "The Lantern")

-tSYX --- Carry the lantern light...
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
11-25-02 05:00 PM
Moonisup BLACK AND BLUE RULES
11-25-02 05:19 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
BLACK AND BLUE RULES

Agreed, shoe. In fact, I would amplify that to BLACK AND BLUE FUCKING RULES. But, I recall that when I was STYX's age I often proclaimed it unlistenable and unpleasurable, speaking loudly against the offenses of "Hot Stuff" and "Fool to Cry" as affronts to the Stones, of Melody as boring and Cherry Oh Baby as directionless and dumb. It took a lot of years, a lot of spins, and a sideline addiction to Steely Dan, not to mention several ounces of a green leafy substance, to get me into that album.

Now that I am there, I will never leave.

One assumes that Savvy will be in the same place one day -- he just doesn't know it yet.

11-25-02 05:22 PM
Moonisup well I, the shoe, are xy's age

I love Melody,
MAn crazy mama rocks

pfiehw

gotta listen to it noW!!!
11-25-02 05:30 PM
Nasty Habits Americans be pretty slow on the uptake, shoey.

I tell you what, I will now pluck Black and Blue from my Stones bin, put on "Crazy Mama", and we will both be massively, royally, totally rockin'.

11-25-02 05:31 PM
Moonisup YEAH a cyber ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-25-02 05:40 PM
Nasty Habits Moon Is Up, you are plain psychotic. Plain insane.
11-25-02 05:42 PM
Martha

Nasty Habits wrote:
"One assumes that Savvy will be in the same place one day -- he just doesn't know it yet."

Amen to that my Stonesian brother.
11-25-02 05:44 PM
Martha Oh, and in response to the thread question; No.
11-25-02 05:45 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Moon Is Up, you are plain psychotic. Plain insane.

Nasty habits:

you can scandalize me, scorn my name. And you can steal my money. And that don't mean a doggone thing
lol
11-25-02 05:50 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

Nasty habits:

you can scandalize me, scorn my name. And you can steal my money. And that don't mean a doggone thing
lol

Dude, your blood and thunder shore can't phase me none. If you're gone keep on coming I'm gonna take you out head on.

You've been warned.

11-25-02 05:53 PM
Moonisup Don't thik I ain't thought about it!
But sure it makes my shackles rise
And cold blood murder
It makes me want to draw the line

I am seeing CM now on video, double door
11-25-02 05:57 PM
Nasty Habits I'm on my second pass through side two of ye olde ruling black and blue and the two customers in the store look like they're in shock, having to hear Fool to Cry twice inside of forty minutes. We are now rocking to Crazy Mama once again. It is very loud.

11-25-02 05:59 PM
Moonisup VERY VERY COOL

it's tuesday here now! I am enjoying a wodka, yes, I am a real sinner
but this song, this songs

man it really rocks
11-25-02 06:10 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
VERY VERY COOL

this song, this songs

man it really rocks

Does indeed, it does indeed. Oh, how I wish they wold have played it live in '76 when Jagger would have YELLED those lyrics. I am glad they played it in '97 but I always thought Jagger's sorta talking his way through it was kind of a let down.

I assume that if he would have sung that one full throated in concert that his voice box would have actually flown out his mouth and smacked somebody in the face, esp. since they always played it on the b-stage.

My god the force of his vocal on the studio cut is intense. Do you think he did that vocal and called it quits for the day, having totally ripped his vox to shreds?

Hey, the chick customer bought a copy of december's children! On vinyl!

Not a bad day at all!

11-25-02 06:14 PM
Moonisup he sounds really rough on black and blue, really rough, and indeed he spoke Crazy mama, also on the Double door VIDEO.
YEAh I wish was born in 1962, 14 during 1976 tour! man his voice then, AJJJHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh It drives me nuts!

this crazy man will take some sleep now!! Have to work in 8 hours!!
[Edited by Moonisup]
11-25-02 06:41 PM
Nasty Habits Nighty night, shoonie -- hope you have lots of crazy mamas in your dreams.

11-25-02 09:19 PM
MrJimmy I have and listen to every Stones record up too Tattoo You. Ive never heard Still Life, Undercover, Steel Wheels, stripped, or No Security. Other than that I got em all and luv most of em.
11-25-02 10:00 PM
full moon I must have great fucking taste, because I do not understand how you can't listen to all of Black and Blue, Emotional Rescue, Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge...But, I respect everyones opinions...I just think each album is its own entity..
11-25-02 10:50 PM
tumblingdice You guys really don't like winning ugly? Not my favorite by any means but I did always like the part of
I will not act unkind..I will not be so blind .. I will not walk so proud... come down from off my cloud how can I live my life this way, beauty is staring me in the face

ain't that the truth????

ain't that the truth???
11-26-02 06:19 AM
stonedinaustralia nasty and rik - nice rap on "black and blue" - it rules ok by me too - i loved it from the start - because it was so ...well,... black and blue!! - it still is!!

11-26-02 07:50 AM
jimnjody Steel Wheels & Bridges to Babylon are heartless crap.Dissappointing efforts from the boys yes, but even the greats can fuck up occassionally and be forgiven. Did someone say they didn't like Its only Rock'n'Roll? Shit hot on my juke box !
[Edited by jimnjody]
11-29-02 07:13 AM
corgi37 no security has never seen a full laser from my player. I should never have bought it, simply by judging by what is the cheapest and worst cover in history. Apart from 2-3 songs, dirty work is then consigned to the back of the shelf for another 4 years. Emotional rescue is in pristine condition. i have never replaced any albums from between the buttons back on cd. I have the singles collection, and that is enough for me. I hate jaggers voice until beggars banquet. The 1st album gets a few playings though. Oh, and flashpoint gets played for the last 2 tracks only.
11-29-02 08:45 AM
full moon Wow, Corgi.. What a Stones fan. You hate everything they have done!!! Glad you are here.. Have a great day..
11-29-02 09:02 AM
stonedinaustralia
yeah corgi, what do you like? - that's all fairly heavy coming from a someone who cares enough to be hanging around here...

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
11-29-02 09:38 PM
Glimmer I'm not saying that it's my favorite CD as I'm very partial to Exile but I wish everyone would stop trashing Emotional Rescue because the title track and cover suck. The rest of the songs rock. She's So Cold is right up there with my favorite songs. Let Me Go & Summer Romance are both great tunes. Skip the title track and the rest is far from their worst output. Honestly, I rarely listen to anything from the '60s...occasionaly Beggars & Let It Bleed but I generally listen Sticky Fingers and later recordings. This is all my personal opinion, however, as you all are entitled to yours as well.
11-30-02 07:20 AM
corgi37 shit, i guess i am pretty negative. what an odd bastard i am. i just am not as huge a fan of pre 67 stones as i used to be. i find alot of stuf pre beggars very dated. Not all, but alot. But then, as a 60's nut, to me the 60's really started around 67 anyway. I still would prefer to listen to the worst, most dreadful stones album (whatever people may think it is) than listen to the best record by anyone else (some neil young excepted), but i have my faves. To me, the stones really became MY stones from jjflash onwards. They really got their shit together, and jaggers voice is more matured and condident than in the earlier stuff. But, i draw the line at the albums i mentioned in my above post. when you hear shit like winning ugly, send it to me, or compare live stuff like oh corinna to midnight rambler, or sympathy from flaspoint to the same song from ya ya's or love you live, well, you get my drift. i have always maintained that dirty work is the 3rd worst record released by a "super group". In through the out door is 2nd, face dances is 1st. but dont panic, i like playing devils advocate now and then, and with the confirmed aussie tour, i love everything and everybody. except that mccartney prick.
11-30-02 11:56 AM
T.CentralScrutinizer Neil Young is awful.
Page: 1 2 3