ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida March 3, 1999
By Roostah!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is there any RS album you can�t listen to in its entirety? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11-24-02 01:49 PM
TT Always have my problems with Satanic Majesties. I never listened to it as a whole I must admit.
11-24-02 02:02 PM
quackenbush Dirty Work is very hard to listen to. Crap.
11-24-02 02:07 PM
Gimme Shelter I would have to say there is not a Stones album I can't listen to all the way through. I find something good in all of them.
11-24-02 02:17 PM
tumblingdice There is not one that I can't listen to in it's entirety, however it hardly ever happens. In this day and age it is to easy to switch to another cd and listen to other songs from other albums depending on your mood. Or burning a cd with songs you pick or whatever. There are some songs I don't like as much as others but never been one I could not listen to.
11-24-02 02:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Got Live if you want, I think this is the only one I can't finish because of the shouting and noise and in fact is a bad recording.

I have asked twice here if someone has the SACD of the ABKCO remasters and the improvement is great. Does anybody here have an opinion?
11-24-02 02:28 PM
Nasty Habits It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to listen to No Security in its entirety. My doctor has told me that if I ever hear the Dave Matthews version of Memory Motel again I shall vomit so violently I shall orally disembowel myself.

One time through and I was in a coma for a week.

It is also hard to listen to 12 x 5 and Flowers in their entirety because of Under the Boardwalk and My Girl respectively. Side one of Metamorphosis is problematic for uninterrupted pleasure. Got Live for its ridiculous fake dubbing and that dreadful take of I've Been Loving You Too Long. But they don't make me physically ill like Alex in Clockwork Orange having a dream about a three way that ends in a murder or something. Memory Motel on No Security actually does this to me.

It is too dangerous for me to even own a copy of that album on CD. I have the vinyl, and for my own safety I have carefully scored a deep scratch through that cut so that it cannot play.

Anyone I trade with: You must NEVER, NEVER, NEVER put the Matthews version on one of your CDs as a joke. IF you do, I will die. This is no laughing matter. This is my medical condition. It is my life.

Dirty Work, however, I play often. I relish EVERY second. Every one.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
11-24-02 02:31 PM
Honky Tonk Man Gerardo, i have the new remasterd version. I didnt buy the original Abcko cd because i just wasnt that interested. Anyway, it sounds fantastic. Its worth getting, but maybe not if you already own it.

I like the screams. It really adds to the atmesphere. Reminds you of what it must of been like to see the Stones in 1965!

Alex
11-24-02 03:04 PM
F505 Dirty Work, Emotional Rescue, Got Live if you want, Undercover
11-24-02 03:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Alex!
11-24-02 03:25 PM
Moonisup the video from Memory motel is fucking great
11-24-02 03:29 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
the video from Memory motel is fucking great

Are you messing with my mind, Shoe?
11-24-02 03:36 PM
full moon I can listen to them all, no problem...
11-24-02 03:36 PM
Moonisup No, I LIKE memory motel on NS

and the video on launch
11-24-02 08:03 PM
rogerriffin Gerardo, i have the "got live if you want it" London-Decca 1986 cd version, and it has this disk is that the volume varies a great deal, rises and lowers, and as you indicate it, only you can listen to the gordas!!!
11-24-02 08:11 PM
no_cole_porter There's only a few I haven't listened to the whole way. Steel Wheels, Undercover and Dirty Work are the hardest to stomach I must admit...I haven't heard some of It's Only Rock 'N' Roll and I know this is naughty, But I haven't heard a lot of Side 2 on Exile....Yikes...
11-24-02 09:36 PM
CousinCocaine Somehow - I just can't stand Steel Wheels !

Ciao
11-24-02 11:51 PM
JaggaRichards Satanic Majesties and Emotional Rescue.
especially Emotional Rescue.
worst Stones album ever.....
11-25-02 12:14 AM
gypsymofo60 Got Live is not even a true live album, only a few of the tracks were actually recorded live, and even then not where it is stipulated,(Albert Hall). Some of those tracks are studio cuts with screams, and shouts thrown into the mix. It's so obvious, listen to Fortune Teller.
11-25-02 03:17 AM
sonicrock steel wheels,
11-25-02 03:18 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to listen to No Security in its entirety.

that's the ONE stones album i have never listened to in it's entirety -

"got live if you want it" is OK - maybe once or twice - the closing "tune" "it's alright" is completely over the top
11-25-02 03:59 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Got Live is not even a true live album, only a few of the tracks were actually recorded live, and even then not where it is stipulated,(Albert Hall). Some of those tracks are studio cuts with screams, and shouts thrown into the mix. It's so obvious, listen to Fortune Teller.

No, all but two of the tracks are live. Fortune Teller and I've Been Loving You Too Long are studio cuts; the rest are all live (ableit with some overdubbing, but then, Ya-Ya's has that same problem). I really dig the album, personally. Great, raved-up versions of, well, just about everything on there.
11-25-02 04:31 AM
dealer squealing I can listen to all of them. But whats the thing with Steel Wheels? It�s one of my favorite albums!
11-25-02 06:40 AM
no_cole_porter Well for me, the problem with Steel Wheels is that the sound is a bit too 80's, I think Chris and The Glimmers could have tried to make the album a little more human, and a little less mechanical. It's a very dare I say stale sound. There's some good songs on there, don't get me wrong, but mostly it's the production for me.
[Edited by no_cole_porter]
11-25-02 06:47 AM
Moonisup Exile,

It would take me years!!! I want to hear every song ten times, Rocks off, Rip this joint, Stop breaking down!!! ah mannnnnnnnnnn
11-25-02 12:49 PM
sasca I love 'Satanic' but the jam is horrible. It sounds like they're trying to remake Pink Floyd's 'Pow R Toc H' but forgot to add Syd's genius.
11-25-02 02:07 PM
J.J.Flash They don't need do remake Pink Floyd, because THEY ARE THE ROLLING STONES, they are genious! THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD, THE ROLLING STONES!! I love Satanic Majesties too much! Very ACID! You know what I mean! Let it Rock all my Stone brothers!
11-25-02 02:10 PM
Fiji Joe Can never get past Winning Ugly on Dirty Work...wasn't that the Chicago White Sox motto at about the same time?...as for ER, I just don't get it...that album, IMO, ranks among the Stones' best
11-25-02 02:14 PM
nankerphelge I have big problems with Winning Ugly and Back to Zero. There had to have been something else they could have put on there instead.

ER is another tough one for me -- the Great Disappointment!
11-25-02 02:29 PM
100 Years Ago have trouble with IORR after Luxury and before Fingerprint File

Steel Wheels--hit and miss

on B&B I sometimes skip Melody and Fool To Cry, usually skip Can You Hear The Music on GHS

other than those pretty much all of 'em all the way through

11-25-02 02:51 PM
sasca There aren�t any I hate but the only post-Exile album to which I listen a lot is 'Some Girls'. Since then there have been plenty of great songs, though.
Page: 1 2 3