ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida March 3, 1999
By Roostah!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Atlanta show for download Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-24-02 12:17 PM
tumblingdice I now have the Atlanta concert available to download from my website. Very good Aud recording, the best I have from this tour. If played on a good stereo it sounds almost like being there again. Guitars a little low in the mix but this is not the fault of the taper but was actually how it was at the show. If you notice Ronnie's solo on Don't Stop, you can barely hear it but you could see him playing his ass off on the " Ronnie Cam" at the show. Anyway enjoy, the site is http://www.gtcom.net/~tumblingdice/

[Edited by tumblingdice]
11-24-02 12:36 PM
Fiji Joe TD sent me this show and it is great...and his review on the guitars is right on the money...they were low in the mix at the show, unfortunately...although, there are moments where they are right up front...midnight rambler smokes on this one...also, my observation is that Mick is back as for as his vocals go...with rare exceptions, he is back in his early 70s form and he, along with Charlie, carried this show
11-24-02 12:41 PM
tumblingdice Good to see you received it already Fiji, it is rare to get this good of a recording of a show you attended. My opinion is best sounding this tour so far, pending of course the HBO show coming up. Can't wait to hear boots made from that one.
11-24-02 03:21 PM
sonicrock THANKS FOR THE INFO
11-24-02 03:51 PM
montana I'm downloading it and it's great!!!!! sounds pretty good! thank ya very much for sharing!

Cheers,lour
11-24-02 07:17 PM
shakedhandswithkeith thanks from germany, i can`t wait to see them once again.

keep on rocking
11-24-02 07:20 PM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
...and his review on the guitars is right on the money...they were low in the mix at the show, unfortunately...midnight rambler smokes on this one...he (mick) is back in his early 70s form and he, along with Charlie, carried this show

thats right, good review

keep on rocking
11-24-02 07:21 PM
tumblingdice You are all welcome. That is why I started that site to share with those that have no access to them or have not been able to see them yet. I hope you enjoy.
11-25-02 03:18 AM
sonicrock oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees we do thanks again
11-25-02 04:32 AM
Jacques GREAT !!!
From France, thanks a lot for sharing
11-25-02 07:35 AM
albert Thanx from Holland.
It's downloading right now!!
11-25-02 05:58 PM
sasca Oh, wow. This is fantastic. Thank-you!
11-25-02 07:39 PM
crashbandicoot001 ...many, many thanks, tumblingdice - it's excellent!!!......

cheers - crash
11-25-02 08:02 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Alllllllright!

Thank you!

Just got "Rambler" last night... sooooo gooooood...

-tSYX --- Well it's not oneahh those...
11-26-02 12:10 AM
FTELE52 Many Thanks Tumblin'...this is one of the best sounding non-club shows I've heard yet.

Mick really gets lost in IORR..
11-26-02 05:26 AM
Jumacfly thanks for this show TD!!
mick is VERY lost on IORR!! LOL!!

"i know, it s only...my stick in my heart, do you think you re the only woman i like it like it , yes i do only rock n roll"
11-26-02 06:02 AM
stonedinaustralia thanks dice i'm gonna get it

hey ju - how are you??

what's up?

good to see you around again

have you moved?

11-26-02 07:30 AM
Jumacfly Hi man!!

well, i m still looking for a job, by now i m lmiving thanks to our social help here in france.
and that s pretty good!
by now, i m in paris, visiting my girlfriend for a week, she s got a pc , so i m very happy to enjoy it and coming back on rocks off....i ll be in bercy next summer, and i ll do the best to be at the olympia with my friend phil too...

well, so eveything is ok, have you heard boots from the tour?
i havent yet, that s why i m on this topic, i m downloading "hot stuff", hope it will be better than iorr...

Cheers Mick, and thanks for your nice message

Ju

ps: and the MRFC still RULES!!!!
11-26-02 07:35 AM
stonedinaustralia no worries ju

now get off the net and back into the sack with the girlfriend

hope you make it to the show

have you still got your bass?

stay in touch
11-26-02 07:50 AM
Jumacfly Hi man!!

well, i m still looking for a job, by now i m lmiving thanks to our social help here in france.
and that s pretty good!
by now, i m in paris, visiting my girlfriend for a week, she s got a pc , so i m very happy to enjoy it and coming back on rocks off....i ll be in bercy next summer, and i ll do the best to be at the olympia with my friend phil too...

well, so eveything is ok, have you heard boots from the tour?
i havent yet, that s why i m on this topic, i m downloading "hot stuff", hope it will be better than iorr...

Cheers Mick, and thanks for your nice message

Ju

ps: and the MRFC still RULES!!!!
11-26-02 07:53 AM
Jumacfly Oupps, sorry for the bug...
my girlfriend , she s working!!!
i m alone at home with the dog and Atlantic city 89....
still got my bass, really enjoy playing "slave" and htw with my band, the no work team...

of course i ll give you news as soon as possible!!

Ju
11-27-02 09:43 AM
Barny Blues Hi,

first of all thanks for your great work. When I click on that link, there are only 5 songs from the show (9,10,15,17 and 21). Can you help?

11-27-02 10:15 AM
Fiji Joe Allow me to name this boot:

Hot Rocks in Hotlanta

Yesssssssssssssssssssss
11-27-02 10:45 AM
tumblingdice For now the full show has been taken down. Those 5 were left up along with songs from other shows. Sorry for the inconvenience.
11-28-02 11:08 AM
Jumacfly Td, you re my hero of the day, thanks again!!!
11-29-02 07:00 AM
swapwoodfortaylor Huge thanks for the 5 Atlantans. I flew from England to Atlanta just for the show.......so that's the one I wanted to hear again. If you can get the others up again....this lad would be well pleased. Thanks again.
11-29-02 10:42 AM
Bridges to Stones Your Atlanta tape must be the best audience recording from the entire Licks Tour, and I'm dying to hear the whole show! Please, please, please upload the rest!
11-29-02 09:29 PM
Glimmer When you hear Keith sing backup on Torn & Frayed, it makes you wonder why they have backup singers on tour with them. Go back to just havin Keith sing backup like the Tattoo You tour.
11-29-02 09:35 PM
tumblingdice Hey guys! Glimmer--Torn and Frayed on my site was from the Palais warm up gig. I have that full show up also. The Atlanta was not taped by me but I am glad some of you got to enjoy it before it came down. Up next is Miami, not as good of sound but as good of performance.
11-29-02 09:46 PM
Glimmer I know...that's what I mean...they should have left the backup singers at home. This is their 4th or 5th tour with the boys now...time for a change...get back to the basics. The backup singers take a little of the coolness of the Stones away. If they decide to just start playing Vegas clubs, they can call the Lisa & Bernard back.
Page: 1 2