ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When The Whip Comes Down
Kiel Opera House, St. Louis Missouri - July 11, 1978
By Chief Moon

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Four Flicks" US sales: 53,000 copies first week, Gold Award & no. 1 Return to archive
11-23-03 02:17 PM
Soldatti Same-Week Rise Continues for Album Sales
Sun Nov 23, 9:46 AM ET

By Geoff Mayfield

THEY STONE YOU

Two new Billboard charts bow on billboard.com, and the Rolling Stones make news on one of them.

The legendary band's "Four Flicks" concert DVD offering, sold exclusively at Best Buy, becomes the first No. 1 on Billboard Comprehensive Music Videos.

Although only available at Best Buy's 600 stores, the Stones package has moved 53,000 units in the U.S. this week. That's 30% more than Coldplay's second-week total of 40,500 but less than "Coldplay Live 2003" sold when it bowed at No. 1 last week on Top Music Videos (71,000).

Albums and music videos that are not generally available at retail do not appear on most Billboard charts but are eligible to appear on the Web site's new Billboard Comprehensive Albums and Billboard Comprehensive Music Videos charts.

However, several exclusive titles will be missing from both new charts. Retailers are not obligated to report the sales of proprietary titles to Nielsen SoundScan, and most besides Best Buy have opted not to report them.

Note this: If a video/DVD with running time that exceeds 100 minutes or more, the RIAA multiplies shipments by the number of discs.
This means: 53,000 x4= 212,000 copies (2x Platinum)

Led Zeppelin sold 120,000 copies in the first week and 450,000 until now and his DVD is certified 10x Platinum, because is a double DVD.
[Edited by Soldatti]
11-23-03 03:01 PM
glencar Good news!
11-23-03 09:54 PM
Gimme Shelter Right On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-24-03 09:42 AM
jb Not very strong..as I said previously, it shall not exceed 250k in sales.
11-24-03 09:58 AM
Jumping Jack Since the Stones sold almost twice as many as LZ the first week I guess that means they are twice as good.
11-24-03 10:09 AM
gimmekeef I could care less how many sell.I've got mine and its the best $30 I've spent in a long long time!
11-24-03 10:10 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Note this: If a video/DVD with running time that exceeds 100 minutes or more, the RIAA multiplies shipments by the number of discs.
This means: 53,000 x4= 212,000 copies (2x Platinum)
[Edited by Soldatti]

I always thought that certifications for videos/dvds was based on 100,000 = Gold and 500,000 = Platinum. So how can 212,000 = 2x Platinum?

Am I wrong? Have they increased the units required to mirror the certification levels of albums?
11-24-03 10:14 AM
Jumacfly Agree with you Gimme Keef!!
i don t care about the selling....but about quality and music!!
cheers

JU
11-24-03 05:56 PM
glencar I haven't seen it reviewed ANYWHERE yet in the mainstream media. Is it because of the exclusive agreement?
11-25-03 07:09 AM
corgi37 The sucker STILL isnt available in Oz yet, but its close. My local place is expecting delivery today, but it could also be tomorrow, the next day, or early next week. We are getting stung $100.00 for this! What a rip off! I thought about ordering it from the U.S., but this best buy mob dont seem to do overseas sales. I guess i can crawl to my brother with free beer and herb, and see if he'll buy it for me for christmas. Actually, i'd prefer it for christmas, as i have an excuse at attempt number 4,321 to convince my mum and dad how truly awesome they are. And to think, i am 40! But, seriously, $100!!!