ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When The Whip Comes Down
Kiel Opera House, St. Louis Missouri - July 11, 1978
By Chief Moon

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My "friends". Return to archive
11-22-03 06:54 AM
egon
As you may know last Monday was my b-day,
And funny enough that was also the day 4 flicks came out in Europe! Perfect for my �friends�, who normally do not know what to buy me.

So they gave me clear instructions (very clear!), I still remember since it�s only about 2 weeks ago.

They said: �don�t buy 4 flicks, cos we will get it for your birthday�.

I am pretty sure they did NOT say: �don�t buy 4 flicks and we won�t either. Or �don�t buy 4 flicks cos we will buy it for you... someday...maybe�

So let�s do a little math; what�s today's date? The 22nd, correct! When was my b-day? The 17th, right again.

Now if we deduct 17 from 22 we get 5, which is the exact amount of days that I�ve been waiting.

5 fucking days that I�ve been without 4 flicks. And believe me, my life is not so exciting that have a lot of other things to do than to sit in front of the tv.

And in the meantime i'm reading about 5 thousand post here about how great the dvd is.

So, what do I do? Do I wait until they buy it (at some point) or do I go to the shop myself and get it, thus offending my �friends�?

This whole thing makes me sick.
11-22-03 07:25 AM
caro Try to look depressed, and each time someone asks you a question, wait a few seconds and then answer "oh......I feel so ooOOOOld!" Meanwhile you direct a look full of reproach at your friends.

If they don't understand, you should change friends.
11-22-03 07:26 AM
egon clearly you don't know my friends.

they don't care, they're bastards.
11-22-03 07:29 AM
caro Make a "Four flicks" party, then. Free beer, and all...
11-22-03 10:20 AM
parmeda Ditch your friends, egon....and go get it yourself.
(Dude, you're missing some GREAT stuff!!!!)

God forbid you where bleeding to death, or something....would they walk right past ya?
11-22-03 10:55 AM
Martha I've been too broke to get FF yet, egon, so don't feel too bad. You aren't alone.....it will still be there.

I can barely read those 5K posts either...sigh.......

Yet...they give me hope!

FF soon!

Oh, if your "friends" are bloody "bastards" then.....you aint' gettin' a belated gift from 'em.

Sincerely,
The older, wiser once-bitten-twice-shy..Martha

If pie waits for no one..what does that say about cake?
11-22-03 10:59 AM
nankerphelge I don't have it yet either -- wife wanted to get it for me for X-mas, and so I took one for the team and haven't seen it!

11-22-03 12:17 PM
Scot Rocks Me as well, my Birthday is on the 12th of next month and im too skint to get it just now.

I am waiting...

Mark
11-22-03 01:19 PM
egon thanks fir your support guys, it means a
11-22-03 01:22 PM
egon thanks 4 your support guys, it means a lot!

oh, and here's an update;

- it saturday evening 19.19hrs.
- the shops have been open all day today.
- my friends are around, i.e. not on weekend trips etc.
- i don't have 4 flicks.
- virgin is always open on sundays

thank you.

11-22-03 03:17 PM
J.J.Flash Nah nah, don't feel so bad, as our lovely Martha said, you are not alone...... How long am I going to wait? Gimme a number, only a number.... but not even a number I got..... see my friend Egon?

"Teach me Ronnie, Teach me!
11-23-03 06:28 AM
glencar You got the blues!