ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When The Whip Comes Down
Kiel Opera House, St. Louis Missouri - July 11, 1978
By Chief Moon

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The thread thread Return to archive
11-22-03 05:36 AM
fmk438j 50/50 cotton/acrylic is quite good. For T-shirts, that is.

Pure cotton can also be great, as long as it's preshrunk. Why they bother selling shirts of pure cotton which are not preshunk is beyond me. I made this mistake and ended up having a shirt that seemed to morph into a child's size after one wash - useless thereafter.

Why they make 100% acrylic socks is a mystery to me too. Who wants sweaty feet? They give the illusion of being good because as soon as you put them on they feel nice and spongy and cosy. But give them a day of walking and your feet are all clamy. Woolen socks can be good I find, although they take quite a bit of wearing in before that 'prickly' feeling disappears. Pure wool jumpers are excellent I find. Such a soft and friendly feel.

In conclusion, I don't think you can go past natural fibres for all round comfort and wearability. Sure acrylic blends have strengthened and increased the durability of thread, but they'll never totally replace the cottons and wools and others.

11-22-03 06:33 AM
egon agreed!

but tell me this;

why are those stones t-shirts (100% cotton) so goddamn expensive?

yes?
11-23-03 01:01 AM
Highwire Rob What about hemp socks? I suppose they make them. Folks in Europe likely have more access to Hemp clothing than us Americans.
11-23-03 06:22 AM
glencar The Stones must make a mint on T-shirts. Probably 5000 per show at least @ $35 apiece.
11-23-03 08:16 AM
nankerphelge I refuse to buy T-shirts that aren't 100% cotton.
And I like it that they shrink -- I just always make sure I buy a size that is a bit bigger than me.
The blends just don't feel as comfy!

Socks are a pain -- I agree that the synthetics are worthless -- your feet spontaneously combust after one hour. Wool is good but they can itch and are also warm.

That's why I wear hose.
It breathes.

11-23-03 03:11 PM
Monkey Woman The "thread" thread? Only at Rocks Off board!!!