ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When The Whip Comes Down
Kiel Opera House, St. Louis Missouri - July 11, 1978
By Chief Moon

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Have Strokes Tickets! Return to archive
11-20-03 03:47 PM
Honky Tonk Man Two of my brothers freinds had to drop out of one of the Strokes two gigs at the Alexandra Palace in London in December, so we get the tickets!

Not including the Stones, i have seen some great bands this year. Libertenes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Black Rebel...., but this may be the one!

Alex
11-20-03 04:13 PM
stewed & Keefed Alex, Don't forget The Gilt Trip.

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
11-20-03 04:28 PM
Honky Tonk Man You have PM

Alex
11-20-03 04:50 PM
stewed & Keefed PM
11-20-03 06:30 PM
Honky Tonk Man PM
11-20-03 07:30 PM
Factory Girl I hate to interrupt this PM-coitus.

Alex, you're my favorite!!! Take ME! TAKE ME!! TAKE ME!!

Take ME! TAKE ME!! TAKE ME!!Take ME! TAKE ME!! TAKE ME!!Take ME! TAKE ME!! TAKE ME!!Take ME! TAKE ME!! TAKE ME!!Take ME! TAKE ME!! TAKE ME!!Take ME! TAKE ME!! TAKE ME!!

Damn, I just love the Strokes!
11-20-03 07:54 PM
Phog Have fun, HTM. A very nice band, indeed!!
11-21-03 08:04 AM
Honky Tonk Man Don't worry FG, feel free to interupt any time you feel.

If you can get a flight over here in December, you can have my brothers Strokes ticket. It will be difficult, but i could do it, lol

Alex
11-21-03 08:19 AM
Factory Girl When in December?

Do I have to fly Virgin? lol

Hug Jules and tell me all about it!!
11-21-03 08:30 AM
Jumacfly Enjoy the show Alex!! I saw them in paris last year, short performance but very intense and rock n roll...Albert Hammond Jr stole the show and Julian was stone..but good performance, indeed.

cheers
JU
11-21-03 08:37 AM
Factory Girl Alex., are you coming back to US soon?
11-21-03 02:32 PM
stewed & Keefed Alex
You have PM
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
11-22-03 09:30 AM
Honky Tonk Man stewed & Keefed, you know the rest!

Hey FG, i will be coming back to the States, i don't know when though. Chances are, next time i go will be to see the Stones there.

Yes you can fly Virgin. Virgin are very good.

The gig is on December 5th

Come to England anyway. Come see me!

Alex
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
11-22-03 12:21 PM
Scot Rocks Nice one im going to the Strokes on the 1st of Dec, not standing tickets though, hopefully We will be able swap or do something before the gig. Ive heard that something called British Sea Power are supporting? I was hoping for the libs, ah well can't everything.

Mark
11-23-03 08:02 AM
Honky Tonk Man Yeah im really looking forward to it too. We have standing tickets. In fact, im not evan sure if there is seating at the Alexandra Palace.

British Sea Power? I have heard of them, but never thought to check them out. Having the Libertines open would be absoloute dream! They have in fact opend for the Strokes before, but i reckon they are too big in the UK to be a support act now. Maybe on the Stones next visit....

There is a really good Strokes site you and any other Strokes fan should check out. www.thestrokes.org Its kinda their version of IORR.

Mark, did you mean we should meet up? LOL, how are we going to do that?Your going to the Glasgow show and im going to the London show!

Alex
11-23-03 08:41 PM
Scot Rocks Hey mate. lol no didn't mean that, was talking about me and my friend hopefully being able to swap outside the venue (Braehead arena, supposed to be crap) with some other people who have Standing tickets. If you are ever up in here though definately give me a shout and thanks will need to check that Strokes site out.

Mark

11-23-03 09:17 PM
beer room on fire is one of the best albums i've heard in a long time. i like it better than elephant.
11-24-03 03:59 PM
Honky Tonk Man lol Mark. It was a Sunday morning and Sunday morniongs i aways have a hangover! I honestly didn't think they stoped my ability to read sentences properly!

I must admit, i had never heard of this arena untill i read they were playing there. No doubt there will be plenty of touts willing to swop tickets with you. Just make sure you get a genuine tickets in exhange!

Alex