ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When The Whip Comes Down
Kiel Opera House, St. Louis Missouri - July 11, 1978
By Chief Moon

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what if Mr Clapton would've.. Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-22-03 11:40 AM
marko Chat room?thats bravenet!Are u coming in?
11-22-03 02:12 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
JJF! Hey I'm sorry I didn't chat with ya last nite -- wife came home right around then and I bailed!

Don't worry! Later we can set a chat........

Hey Marko, are you in?!
11-24-03 12:25 AM
Martini
quote:
hmps wrote:
would eric clapton ever have made the song "tears in heaven"?

I love Clapton, but his recent music sucks. He has taken the "adult comtemporary" route like Elton John and Billy Joel, and is just content to make muzak for people who are 50+ and buy Bose wave radios from QVC. That's fine, but that is also the last guy in the world with whom the Stones need to associate.

Unlike Clapton, the Stones still dig deeply into their immense catalog and challenge both themselves and their audience.

EC is more into hanging out, making sorry ass tunes with Babyface or other so-called contemporary geniuses. I'm sure he is anxious to record with Puff'N'Stuff Daddy or Ditty whatever the hell his name is.

Clapton, as a musician, is now so far from the guy who played "Hideaway" with Mayall or those gorgeous solos with Derek and the Dominos that I doubt he even recognizes who played on those recordings.

The Stones did not need his laid back, self-indulgent music in the 70s, and they do not need it now or in the future.

--Martini

P.S. However, it is time to give Ron Wood the boot and bring back Mick Taylor.

Page: 1 2