ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When The Whip Comes Down
Kiel Opera House, St. Louis Missouri - July 11, 1978
By Chief Moon

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what if Mr Clapton would've.. Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-20-03 02:37 PM
hmps what if eric clapton would have joined the stones?
would there be solos worth listening to?
would eric clapton ever have made the song "tears in heaven"?
would the stones still be playing if so?

well.. I tought this was an excellent topic

so please tell me what you think and have a nice weekend dudes!

"drank a lot of wine and I'm feelin' fine! race some cat today!"
11-20-03 02:41 PM
T&A too theoretical...it never came close to happening, despite what some may think. Clapton's not a team-type guy.
11-20-03 04:42 PM
scratched I think Eric wouldn't have lasted for long in the Stones if he had joined. He never lasted for longer than a couple of years in any of his previous bands (Yardbirds, Cream, Blind Faith, Dominos) - he is obviously easily bored. Also, he was a major smackhead and wouldn't have fared well being around Keith for long like so many others didn't.

If he had joined, I'm sure he would have played some excellent solos and stuff though.
11-20-03 04:46 PM
KeithRichards210 Shit. If you though Mick Taylor was temperamental and "disloyal", I can't even IMAGINE what Clapton would be like. remember, he quit the Yardbirds just because "For Your Love" was too poppy for him. Forget it.
11-20-03 04:59 PM
nankerphelge agreed -- he and Keith would never have gotten along -- two egos that big don't last!
11-20-03 05:40 PM
Joey

Think of all the egos on this board and then magnify them by one hundred .

What have you got ?!?!?!?! Beats me , but I can surely tell you one thing :

I's justs gots to go's and take's a pee ............

***************IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION ************

Shy Bladder Joey !
11-20-03 06:06 PM
KeithRichards210 I love how Joey always manages to keep things in perspective..
11-21-03 12:45 AM
glencar They'd have become boring.
11-21-03 12:30 PM
cwatts0462 maybe he would have fucked your sister hmps
11-21-03 12:33 PM
egon i've got the outtake of brown sugar on which he plays.

i was not impressed...
11-21-03 12:34 PM
glencar I like some Clapton stuff but none of it do I love.
11-21-03 12:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:

Think of all the egos on this board and then magnify them by one hundred .

I don't mind egoists. They usually have something valuable to offer if you can wade through the BS to get to it.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
11-21-03 12:38 PM
glencar Who'd want to wade through Clapton's BS? Would it be worth it? Probably not.
11-21-03 12:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I always liked Clapton ok. He seems to have some detractors here though. But this idea of him as a Stone is insane.
11-21-03 12:51 PM
glencar My feelings exactly.
11-21-03 12:54 PM
cwatts0462 too many cooks spoils the soup
11-21-03 09:26 PM
J.J.Flash Thanks for posting something like that. Believe it if you want, but I am always wondering the same damn thing! I am a huge Clapton's fan and despite of Eric being so egocentric as you say, on the other hand he is a closer friend of our Keith.

Still talking about egocentrism, one the the worst guys with this kind of personality is Ritchie Blackmore, no doubt about it. I heard once that Dio (Ronnie James Dio) is a problematic ego guy too and that's one of the reasons he quit Rainbow. Can you imagine Dio and Blackmore at the same group?

The same thing goes for Cream. Jack Bruce, one of my heroes. That guy is a genious but he can be a stupid at the same time, if somebody else disagree with his directions/thoughts.
11-21-03 09:33 PM
nankerphelge JJF -- how you doin' man!

We're gonna hook up soon in Rio -- I know it is gonna happen!

MUST GO TO RIO!!!!!
11-21-03 09:53 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Brits always seem to be egoists. But Blackmore? He IS Deep Purple and Fuck Dio.

TTM, I love Deep Purple, one of my top 5 groups. We are only speaking about egocentrism. You should read again the part which I said "Jack Bruce, one of my heroes....". I can easily like somebody else music, but still dicerning the faults of this person. I love Keith, when I grow up I wanna be Keith Richards, Keef is the man, but I recognize that the last 10 years he is more lazy than ever..... See?
11-21-03 10:03 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
JJF -- how you doin' man!

We're gonna hook up soon in Rio -- I know it is gonna happen!

MUST GO TO RIO!!!!!

Thanks for asking you bastard. Now I'm fine!

So, what's up? Are you still awake my top american nice guy? Let's go to the chat, what do you think? So you can tell me more about how are the things in DC, would you?

Rio, oh yeah you SOB, don't cheat me man, I will be waiting, trust me!

About the CHAT, tell me what you think. I am ready, just tell me what's the CHAT of this board you guys are using. I think I will fill a crystal glass in your honour.....

Reply my question!

Best regards!
11-21-03 10:08 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
[...] tell me what's the CHAT of this board you guys are using. I think I will fill a crystal glass in your honour.....[...]

How stupid I am, I forgot to add..... I'm going to fill a crystal glass with some Justerine & Brooks (oh yeah, gimme some Scotch) I have in the closet.... damn, I must find it NOW!
11-21-03 10:09 PM
nankerphelge I love this guy!
This is the man I want to party with!

I really need to go on a Stonesian pilgrimage to South America
to see the Stones
to rock in Rio
to party with JJF!!

11-21-03 10:15 PM
LadyJane Adding the term "Stonesian pilgrimage" to my vocabulary!!

LJ.
11-21-03 10:15 PM
J.J.Flash I am getting drunk Nanky, don't belong, tell me which of the chatrooms (Is that the old bravenet)?

Damn, one more cube for my scotch.....
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
11-21-03 10:18 PM
J.J.Flash Nanky, forgot your Jenna Jameson movie..... later I will give some advices of how find them easily and freely! Now, tell me what chatroom you are at....
11-21-03 10:29 PM
J.J.Flash Hey TTM, you are invited too.... let's rock the house.....fill your glass with your fave thing, take your joints if you like and let's chit-chat......

wait, just a minute, let me take another cube......
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
11-21-03 10:31 PM
J.J.Flash The link for the CHAT goes as follows
http://www.rocksoff.org/funhouse/index.php

Come on Nanky, don't come with your excuses about DC lawsuits......
11-21-03 11:23 PM
J.J.Flash Nevermind....
11-22-03 10:25 AM
hmps "maybe he would have fucked your sister hmps"

if you feel like taking out your tounge from joeys ass then i think he'll be very pleased
11-22-03 11:15 AM
nankerphelge JJF! Hey I'm sorry I didn't chat with ya last nite -- wife came home right around then and I bailed!

Page: 1 2