ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When The Whip Comes Down
Kiel Opera House, St. Louis Missouri - July 11, 1978
By Chief Moon

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Tree : "Triple Dutch" - 13-16 August 2003 Return to archive
11-09-03 07:59 PM
Gazza This weeks tree - "Triple Dutch" consists of high quality recordings of three shows in the Netherlands in mid-August - one stadium, one arena and one club.

The concerts featured in this tree are as follows:

Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam 13th August 2003
Ahoy, Rotterdam 15th August 2003
Vredenburg, Utrecht 16th August 2003

You can sign up for this tree from now until midnight UK time on Sunday 16th November(thats 7 pm ET in the US)

If you wish to sign up for this 'tree' ,please do NOT do so by replying below this post - the ONLY method is to send an e-mail to [email protected] before the closing date for sign ups. You must be a "Rocks off" registered user to participate.

Please enclose with your e-mail :

1. your Rocks off screen name
2. your e-mail address for any correspondence
3. country of residence (please also add your STATE if you live in the USA)
4. Whether you wish to be a branch or a leaf. If you wish to be a branch,please state how many leaves you would be willing to make copies for.

After the deadline,I will send an e-mail of the tree structure to everyone who has signed up.

By signing up for this tree, you are doing so on the strict understanding that you do NOT re-sell these recordings for any personal gain. Anyone who does so will be banned from taking part in future trees. The whole purpose of this project is to share the music with other fans and NOT to make money by selling bootlegs. If you're a collector who sells CD's or CDR's, please do NOT register for this tree. Thanks

The next tree after this - and probably the last one of 2003 - will be the "Ace of Clubs" tree, which will consist of the two club shows that we havent treed prior to now - namely Enmore,Sydney and Olympia, Paris - and an upgrade of Astoria,London.

All of these shows have recently become available in outstanding sound quality and with a bit of remastering, we think they will be the "piece de resistance" of the shows we've offered to date. Sign-ups will be accepted from next week after the close of the sign-ups for the Dutch tree.
11-10-03 03:06 AM
marko You�ll hear the difference mostly on Rotterdam 13.8 fejenoord and,even on AHOY,which is a killer quality.
11-10-03 03:51 PM
jb You guys are the best!!! Even though I never listened to any post 78 boots, I really think you provide a great service for those interested in the inferior sound of the post-"Golden Age" stones.
[Edited by jb]
11-10-03 03:56 PM
marko Jb,i have remastered also ALL taylor boots i have,except the
soundboard ones.
11-10-03 04:10 PM
jb Really!!! Now that's really good news!!!
11-11-03 02:11 AM
marko Yes,even the shitty ones.
11-11-03 11:04 AM
jb Good, I will be making monetary arrangements with you to send me all of the Taylor era boots, including soundboard. I will send you American dollars via International Express Mail(4 days ). Can you also include 72 touring party as well as 78 rehearsals? aLSO, i GUESS I SHOULD GET jEREY dEVILS...PLEASE E-MAIL ME COST AND SHIPPING ADDRESS...
[Edited by jb]
11-11-03 02:44 PM
marko No money JB,that would get me in trouble,if finish custom
opens the parcel.And right now,,,,i�m not up to recording
very much,wait until january,maybe then my energy level is
back.
11-11-03 03:29 PM
Gazza >Good, I will be making monetary arrangements with you to send me all of the Taylor era boots, including soundboard.

I make that about 140 shows!!!
11-11-03 03:33 PM
jb Really!!! I will settle for the 20 best then....plus 78 rehearsals.
[Edited by jb]
11-12-03 08:39 AM
sirfito I will send de e-mail later.
Thanks again Gazza,
Fito
11-14-03 11:57 AM
sirfito E.Mail sent.
Thanks again,
Fito
11-16-03 07:13 PM
Gazza Sign up period has now closed. if you've signed up in the last 2 days and havent got a reply from me yet, you'll get one tomorrow. I've been in london for the last 2 days seeing Dylan and have just got home..!
11-17-03 09:25 AM
No Expectations mmm, cant you count me in as a leave still?
11-17-03 05:37 PM
Gazza mm..well it might have helped if, as requested above, you'd sent me an e-mail with your details ...!!

its now 24 hours since the sign up closed and I have to arrange a tree structure for these shows. If you can contact me within the 90 minutes, I should be able to include you.
11-18-03 11:57 AM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I've been in london for the last 2 days seeing Dylan and have just got home..!

Oh Gary, ...how was the show?! I MISS Bob something awful!!!!
11-18-03 07:41 PM
Gazza Bob was great - thanks...I had to go to London as it was a weekend and I have no leave left so couldnt do Dublin last night.

He was excellent. Great to see him playing keyboards all night,"Desolation Row" was especially terrific.

Tonight's show in Millstreet, Co.Cork has however been cancelled due to Bob coming down with viral laryngitis, so the remaining 5 shows in England later this week would now be looking very doubtful.
11-18-03 08:26 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Bob was great - thanks...I had to go to London as it was a weekend and I have no leave left so couldnt do Dublin last night.

Sorry to hear you couldn't see him again then. Once is good to go though! Ehh? I can't wait to see him again.

He was excellent. Great to see him playing keyboards all night,"Desolation Row" was especially terrific.

I LOVE him goin' at it on the keyboards..was he especially impish and lively? He sure was that way the last time I saw him which, was in early August. I just got that show in hand by the way, and it includes the set with the Dead...fantastic!

Did you see his Oscar on the stage? It is always sitting around somewhere on an amp. I try to find it, if I remember to look, that is.

How did you like Freddie on guitar?

Tonight's show in Millstreet, Co.Cork has however been cancelled due to Bob coming down with viral laryngitis, so the remaining 5 shows in England later this week would now be looking very doubtful.

Oh no! I hope he won't get awfully sick. Yikes!

Is that what Mick had too?
11-23-03 05:36 AM
F505 Hi Martha and Gazza,

saw Bob in Amsterdam two weeks ago and it was an amazing performance! Larry and Freddie were in great shape. Desolation Row, Highway 61 and Bye And Bye were the absolute highlights:

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Heineken Music Hall
November 10, 2003
1.Down Along The Cove
2.It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
3.Cry A While
4.Desolation Row
5.It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
6.Girl Of The North Country (acoustic)
7.Things Have Changed
8.Highway 61 Revisited
9.Bye And Bye