ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Enjoy your Sweet Lord while our guitars gently weep!

Rest in Peace - George Harrison
Liverpool February 24, 1943 - Los Ángeles November 29, 2001

By Jeff Christensen (Reuters)
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Goddess In The Doorway, in review Return to archive
11-21-01 04:33 PM
Happy Motherfucker Well, I just listened to the new Mick cd for the thired time. It seems to be growing on me. While the songs sound very polished and sometimes a little directionless, I would say over all it's a pretty good album. Some of the tracks that stand out for me are "Visions of Paradise" a nice written tune that shows Jagger can still bleed for ya! Some good dance tunes like "GoDDess in the Doorway" and "Gun" should make their way accross the techno clubs. Other Stand outs are "Dancing In The Starlight" and "Too Far Gone". While this is'nt close in comparison to The Stones. I get the feeling some of these songs would have had a better out come if they would have been on a Stones album, but I suppose we should take it for what it's worth. Mick is not only a part of a great band, he truly is a great musician and song writer and demostrates it here quite well. As I play in a band myself, I know the need to step away from the other fellows and do solo projects. It seems the only way to get a peice of mind sometimes. I hope Mick the best on this cd and I'm sure he will be ready to turn it up a notch next year when the boys let it roll one more time. For now, just enjoy the tunes that we've got!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.