ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Enjoy your Sweet Lord while our guitars gently weep!

Rest in Peace - George Harrison
Liverpool February 24, 1943 - Los Ángeles November 29, 2001

By Jeff Christensen (Reuters)
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Thanksgiving Return to archive
11-20-01 09:26 AM
nankerphelge Just in case I don't get the chance to post this a bit closer to T-day, thought I'd take a few minutes to wish all those that partake a happy weekend -- hopefully stuffed full of food, drink, and most importantly those that mean the most to all y'all.

This has been a tough couple of months for many of us and it sometimes seems like things are way down in the hole. But, actually, we have much to be thankful for -- the Stones remain together and are planning yet another world conquest, a number of us were able to get together in Cleveland and enjoy some great times before all hell broke loose, and chiba is still available despite market conditions.

11-20-01 10:01 AM
Cardinal Ximinez Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours also Nanky. You are right, we do have much to be thankful for....right now I'm thankful for Vicodin. I got kidney stones, and the Vicodin doesn't really stop the pain so much as it makes me not give a shit about it.

I hope I'm better by Thurs.....I needs me turkey n stuffin'.

Rolling Stones are WAY better than kidney stones!
11-20-01 10:49 AM
Joey Happy Happy Thanksgiving !!!!!

I am sorry to hear that you have Kidney Stones Cardinal .......everyone states that they are extremely painful until passed . I hope your ordeal is over soon .

That medication you are taking .......is it more powerful than smack ?????? If so , perhaps I should score some .

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Vicodin !!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Been listening to Hampton ' 81 , disc 2 alot recently . God I love Ernie Watts' saxophone ......the cat can play . I think he is a better player than Bobby Keyes . JJF rocks on that disc .

Joey , C10

11-20-01 01:05 PM
nankerphelge Bummer there cardinal -- those are stones you'd rather not have rollin'!

I have heard Vicodin is the deal -- someone told me its like washing down 4-5 Percocets with Jack Daniels!

However, as far as recreation goes - I've never been much into pills. I prefer a top-shelf chiba myself. The kind wif lil' white fuzzies all over. The kind that makes people think Pepe Le'Pew is standing in the room. The kind that slowly fills the lungs with pure Renaissance pleasure.

MMMMMMMMMMM 'eh Joey!
11-20-01 01:32 PM
marko you guys will need more 81 tour,and Joey,,,ernie watts
was beatifull sax player,they should use him,instead of
Bobby.
11-20-01 01:47 PM
Joey Hello Marko ......

Amen , My Brother........ Ernie Watts' is damn good !!!
Beautiful tone that man has on his sax.

Marko , Is Ernie still alive ????????

Thanks ,

Joey , C10

11-20-01 02:34 PM
Cardinal Fang Not that I would know or anything but you gotta be careful with Vicadin. If you take too many whether it be intentional or by accident, it will give you a stomach ache or make you feel like you're gonna throw up. Not that I would know or anything.

Later, Cardinal Fang

P.S. But yeah, they "work". I gave my last 5-6 to Syph a while back. Hey Cardinal X! Are those the 10mg or the 20mg? You know, you REALLY SHOULD probably get that refilled at least one more time. Maybe even two more times just to be on the safe side? You ARE entitled. It's your right as an American. Or whatever.
11-20-01 02:39 PM
Cardinal Fang I almost forgot. YES, Ernie Watts is still alive and well and still putting out nice jazz records. ANY of his '90's stuff on the JVC Record label is nice.

Later, Cardinal Fang
11-20-01 02:52 PM
Mathijs man, that 81 tour WAS a hell of tour!! Been listening consantly to Hartford for the last week -danm...Ernie Watts sure was great on that tour, he did some great things!

Mathijs
11-20-01 04:33 PM
Miss U. Happy Thxgiving!! Although I've already had mine last month.
Things are lookin great Stones-wise. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
11-20-01 05:16 PM
Joey Thanks for the Ernie Watts' Info Cardinal .

Cool !!! I will pick up some of his discs on the JVC Label .

Joey

11-20-01 08:20 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Hey, thanks for all the kind words kids.

Joey, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Vikes! I never did smack, so I can't say if vicodin is better or not....but this is the best LEGAL buzz I ever had.

Fang! 20mg. Directions say take with a full stomach. And I'm in so much pain, a stomach ache wouldn't mean a damn thing.

I have to pee in a strainer. Last time I could hardly squeeze anything out because I was laughing so hard. I mean, how ridiculous! I'm all fucked up on pills and pain, and I gotta pee in a strainer! Maybe you had to be there.
11-20-01 08:28 PM
~AzQb

Are they Vicodin (500 mg) or Vicodin ES (750?) either way, my friend, watch it. Not as good as junk, but quite addictive all the same. Taper down and if you've been getting the ES (750 mg.) try for 500 mg. at yer next visit.

Once a habit...this will make those painful stones seem like a three year old\s birthday party with much screaming while you yowl in pain and hold yer head with a hangover and cake is energetically thrown in yer face, with a bit of ice cream. Vicodin is something you'd REALLY not want to be addicted to, believe me ; )

So...careful my beloved Cardinal X.

XoXz~

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.