ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Enjoy your Sweet Lord while our guitars gently weep!

Rest in Peace - George Harrison
Liverpool February 24, 1943 - Los Ángeles November 29, 2001

By Jeff Christensen (Reuters)
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Look Deep into my eyes Return to archive
11-14-01 01:37 PM
Maxlugar At the next summit Steelie. I looked deep into your eyes in Nankers
hotel room and it made me visibly shaken to the core. What I saw in those
eyes almost made me insane. I am glad it was the Chiba and not your soul. For it was a horror
of unspeakable magnitude. You were very stoned. I was trying to get in your car and I
had one leg in and one leg out and you started to drive a way. A Stonesian split I did.
But I had in my hand a picture of the Stones on stage '72 Cleveland that I just bought at the Hall of Fame. Everyting was cool.

I want another summit as soon as we can take to the skies without fear again.

Do you think Moonlight, Fleabit and 2000 Man hate us for leaving the board. I hope not. I love those guys.

They need to be at our next summit. I want to state for the record here that I am still
a member of the C10. That is forever. You can't even have laser surgery to remove that, like a tattoo.
There talents are rotting away over there. Oh how I wish I could post to them.
Alas, I can not.
11-14-01 02:22 PM
Joey Amen , my Brother.......

The C- 10 club is an insistent entity that flows over me and allows one to grin like a mental patient .

We are like a secret society . Undercover of the night we are .......Hug Me.

I liked the way you gathered firewood over at 2000 Man's backyard in Berea , OH . I plan to set it in motion this winter as the cold north winds hurtle across the plains like some insane Hyena that just had a cigarette put out on its left testicle . What with that and the " Tap Tap Tap " I saw Pete Townshend do at the McCartney Benefit concert last month , young boy Joey is quite sated ........for the time being.

No talents wasted here .

" Hug Me Ronnie "

Joey , C10

11-14-01 03:00 PM
Maxlugar Frig no, my man! Your talents are on full display.

Tell me. The Tap Tap Tap thing, is that the post wrote about
a bird tapping on the window. Please tell me becuase that was a VERY
long time ago. If you remember posts that long ago I'm sure
there is a "Gassy" in the category of Best Stonesifed Memory Banks with your name on it.
I seem to remember that post. It was fertile group that I should have pursued!

You are a brilliant mind, Joey.

Either that or you have my posts printed out in some binder.

And that will both frighten and please me in the same Stonesilicious moment.

Maxy Von Tap Tap Tap
11-14-01 03:22 PM
Joey Oh Yeah .....

I forgot about the " Gassy Bird " going " Tap Tap Tap " on the window , beckoning another Gassy . Oh Hell , that was pure genius ....I sure will miss the " Gassy Awards " with the statues that look like miniature " Billy Preston , circa 1975 ( the Fro ). "

Weren't you and I suppoosed to Co-host the Gas Gas Gas Award Ceremony in April of last year , live from Denver CO at the brand new Pepsi Center ??????? Papa John was musical director amd Larry Hagman was the producer -- what the Hell happened ????? Remember the " Max A Lugar lifetime achievement award " and the " Best drunken post of the year ? " Ahhh.............sweet memories !

I believe VH1 will replay the October 21st Paul McCartney benefit concert next month so that the entire world will get a chance to tape Pete Townshend performing his new Tap Tap Tap thing he does on his guitar ........sheer musical joy .....and the kids love it !

" Tap Tap Tap Me Ronnie "

Joey , C10

11-14-01 03:39 PM
Maxlugar Yes! The "Gassy" bird!

Oh dear sweet Joey! You have rekindled Maxy's burned out mind.

Bless you my son.

Yes I will miss the "Gassy's" this year but and all new awards
show called the "Rocky's" will be in its place.

Come host with me!

11-14-01 04:54 PM
Joey I am there my brother.........

" Smack my 1/2 Irish Ass Silly Ronnie "

Joey , C10

11-14-01 06:11 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Rest easy Maxy....the only person who is angry with us is Keno. And that I don't care about.

I have been in contact with Moonlight, 2000 Man, Maxmeister, et al C10. I've had no negative feedback from any of them. They were a little confused, and stunned, but that's not really a bad thing.

Hey Maxy, remember when we were gonna get an 18 wheeler and turn it into a mobile Voodoo Lounge, complete with a vintage Bally's Rolling Stones pinball machine. And as our bouncer we were gonna hire the "Monkey Man" from India...you never know when you gotta give someone a good hand scratching!

Good God, I laughed so hard I thought I was gonna give myself a hernia. Turn your head to the left and cough please.
11-14-01 07:57 PM
Maxlugar Oh my God the Monkey Man! I forgot all about that!

Yeah right, a Good "Hand scratching"!

I really wish I had saved some of those posts. Maybe Joey can send me some. Sometimes I was so drunk and half listening to the Rolling Stones that in the morning I would have no recollection of posting some of that stuff.

God bless us!

PS, it is good the rest of the C10 are OK about it. I will email you about something too.
11-15-01 10:06 AM
nankerphelge The C10 -- what a great thing. I was thinking it very deeply last nite on the way home. Here's the light that I saw as I drove.

I was listening to Handsome Girls -- actually Let It Rock -- and I was simply amazed at Charlie's drumming and Bill's bass and then I thought: "The Drive" which reminded me of Max and FPM and how the STones are a way of life and how wonderful the internet is because it allowed a handful of seemingly normal people from all walks of life, different backgrounds, different ideologies, different approaches to just about everything -- people that otherwise would pass each other in the street, just like we all do on a daily basis -- to realize that they are not the only person on this planet that not only "gets it" -- but somehow follows this band, their music, their every fuckin move, and somehow becomes obsessed by it.

How can that be? What is it about this band that does this to us. And why are we the chosen? Why did 10 of us blow off our families and meet in Cleveland to listen to music that we have all heard a million times. What magic laces this music that does this to us. We are a church, a cult, an alarmingly possessed group of people -- and we know it -- and we love it. There must be some sort of clinical diagnosis.

Here's the part that just doesn't make sense to me though (as if any of the above does) -- I feel the need to meet my Stonesian kin again. A brotherhood of the bond. A nomadic yearing to pick up my yert, grab a fistful of chiba and milk stout and listen (for the million and oneth time) Handsome Girls, while eating steak, in the dark.

There's two types of people in the world -- us and them
Thank god we're us.
11-15-01 10:29 AM
Joey Amen my Stonesified brother..............

We should all meet again for the opening show of the next tour . They WILL tour next year......I just hope it starts in June , but late Sept. is a bit more realistic . I bet the opening is in New York this time ....hopefully MSG . Yet , the United Center in Chicago would work just fine .

" Hit Me 2002 Ronnie "

Joey , C10

11-15-01 10:36 AM
Maxlugar My keyboard is soaked in Stonesilicious tears from that post.

You are a great man Nanker.

You "Get It". We are chosen by a higher order, indeed.

And we are better than "Them".

We need a new summit. And you, inparticular, have a standing
invitation to stop by Casa De Maxy and drink in the Subterranean
Tavern anytime you pass through Long Island.

Your post moved me. It should have moved everyone.

Maxy Von Not Out of Tears, yet.
11-15-01 11:50 AM
Cardinal Ximinez Amen Nanker.

We are the Salt Of The Earth, Thru & Thru. It IS good to know that we are not alone. We are Brothers in Stones. You know, you are right about the us & them thingy. But even the "us" is divided into 2 groups...."Hot Rocks fans" and "Those infected with Stonesitis".

The C10 are definately infected with Stonesitis. And we search for NO cure. We don't have bake sales, or telethons, or $1000.00 a plate dinners to raise money for research. We might do that to fund our next summit, but not for research, no no no. Who the hell needs a cure for this disease?

I do disagree with you on one point. You say that we would all pass each other by on the street, just like anyone else. I don't think so. We all have a certain recognizable look. I don't know that I can explain it in words. I just looked at you guys and KNEW who you were. Remember how you and I just kinda walked up to each other at the RRHOF? We instinctively KNEW. It is my theory, that each of us has a basic primal ingredient in our DNA. In our case the "D" in DNA stands for "Drive". And we put out this indetectable scent....only it IS detectable to those of us who have "Drive"NA. And it also enables us to tell the difference from Hot Rocks Posers, and those of us with Stonesitis. Case in point, using you as an example. A Hot Rocks Poser will spend $300.00 on a denim tour jacket. But YOU spent 3 figures on Some Girls Chuck Taylor's. Much more subtle, and infinately cooler. AND while the poser wears the jacket everywhere, you only wear your sneakers for important events. Again, a subtle, yet important difference. You listen to Handsome Girls, they listen to Still Life. Those of us with DriveNA can see these differences immediately. In just a quick glance! I don't have anything against Hot Rocks fans. I appreciate that they like the band. In fact, and maybe most importantly, Hot Rocks fans make up the bulk of Stonesdom. Meaning, these are the people who make it worth the while of The Stones to release product, and tour. There simply are not enough of us with DriveNA to make it financially enticing for the band to hit the studio, and most importantly, hit the road. So God bless the Hot Rocksers, you know what I mean? But they ain't us. They try to emmulate us. But that is the key...they have to try. For us, it is natural and instinctive. And we know it, and we recognize it.

Yes, a summit is in order. Soon.
11-15-01 11:50 AM
nankerphelge You mean "The" Casa de Maxy!
What an honor that would be.

I will certain let you know if I'm in the hood -- we actually hit the Island a few times per year but it is always a mad dash and stressful. Although I do get to NYC on business on occasion and the case I am presently working on is in NY -- so perhaps beerdom is in our future.

11-15-01 12:29 PM
marko No more words from finland,nothing more to say,,guys,i wish
i could buy a plain,and fly there every weekend.damn,i miss
ya all,i really do.
Oh joey wants to meet at the opening shows,ex idea,,,new
york,possibly,but toronto is on my mind now,or,oakland.But
the most classic opening city would be PHILLY!
Oh,btw,all of are welcome to my place!anytime,just gimme a
call!
Btw nanker,you were listening handsome girls,get,kings of
drugs from marc,immediately!its even better than hampton!
11-15-01 01:20 PM
nankerphelge Kings of Drugs huh? I like it already.

That's pretty much what my parents said when I wanted to see them in Buffalo in '78. To think that I missed a tour because of my parent's concerns about drugs.

Ironic ain't it.

To the Cardinal: you are right about that sensory thing -- I had met you only once and your head was not nearly as nekid as it is now -- yet I knew immediately. And do you know why? I do. "Pherostones" -- yes indeed -- hormones secreted by those with Stonesitus that attracts others of the same ilk.

And don't be too hard on the Hot Rockers -- that was in fact the first Stones release I owned -- but, like Anthrax spores, it got down in my lungs and rapidly turned to the more deadly form of Stonesitus. Fortunately, large volumes of certain types of smoke in the lungs will prevent the disease from killing, but one must resign themselves to daily doses of the wonderful herbal remedy!

11-15-01 01:50 PM
Maxlugar DriveNA! Love it!

Pherostones!

Go Lord! We have enough Pherostones emitting from our bodies to
form a colorless, odorless layer of gasses around the earth.

That layer?

The O-Stones layer.

May it never develope a hole in it. Like that useless O-Zone layer.
11-15-01 02:26 PM
Miss U. yEAH, marco...Stones summit in Toronto.....perfect! And may many more people join your summit, guys. I'm not so sure NYC appeals to me anymore.
11-15-01 02:56 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Oh New York doesn't scare me. I LOVE NY! I'd summit there anytime.

But it's been a few years for an opener in Philly....the time is right.

FPM and I can show you some PA style hospitality....Cheesesteaks and Yings. Oh yeah.

The O-Stones layer is made up of Gas gas gas, right?

My God we are brilliant!

I bask in our brilliance.
11-15-01 04:23 PM
nankerphelge O-Stones layer -- that's great!

How'd we get so fucking good
11-15-01 04:31 PM
Joey I don't know , but I love new material .

Hug Me......

" Bitch slap My Ass for a week Ronnie "

Joey von Kink
11-15-01 04:47 PM
steel driving hammer Max, I'm so ignorant I'm blissful.
Just a little nervous in meeting all of you.
Sort of reserved for I am a conservative, not a liberal. LOL.
11-15-01 08:24 PM
Miss U. Uh...what are Yings??!

How bout listening to the greatest rock n roll band on earth in the metropolis with the world's largest underground undercover city...and above ground--bright lights, big city, get yer ya-yas out galore? Of course nothing can top the Big Apple!

(Tony conservative--ha!)
11-15-01 09:23 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Yings?

www.yuengling.com
11-18-01 04:37 AM
~AzQb

....um....MisterMaxLugar and I are doing a NYC summit whether the rest of y'all join the party or not ; ) but i must say: anyone in anywise reluctant to do NYC on account of recent tragedies is going to miss out, Bigtime ; )
11-18-01 06:27 PM
Miss U. That wasn't the reason.

Was that an invitation?

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.