ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Enjoy your Sweet Lord while our guitars gently weep!

Rest in Peace - George Harrison
Liverpool February 24, 1943 - Los Ángeles November 29, 2001

By Jeff Christensen (Reuters)
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Favorite Mick between song antics! Return to archive
11-14-01 08:17 AM
Maxlugar What is your favorite thing Mick does between songs on a live album or boot?

I'd have to go with that turkey gooble type thing he does on Love You Live on side four just before Brown Sugar.

Man, that gets my blood pumpin' when I have it cranked up to 11.

What's yours!
11-14-01 09:47 AM
nankerphelge "If the band's lacking slightly in energy it's because we spent all las' night fuckin'"

Classic -- and I think the band's energy is quite fine thanks...
11-14-01 10:29 AM
~AzQb

The girls DEFinitely think so, too ; )
11-14-01 07:08 PM
Child of the Moon Where's Billy? Billy's gone, Billy? Where's Billy? Billy's open for offers. I wouldn't quite say he's up for grabs, but he's open for offers! Charlie Watts is a sort of maybe. Bill Wyman just wants to take photographs of girls' legs! Ronnie Wood's gay! (And ol' bum's-rush Jagger 'ere!) Keith, of course, is completely straight.

Classic.
11-14-01 08:09 PM
Maxlugar You are now my favorite, Child o' the Moon!
11-15-01 03:02 PM
Stray Cat I'm so hot for her,I'm so hot for her.When I fuck her,she's like an ice cream cone !
11-15-01 08:14 PM
Miss U. "Ya feelin loose now?Bit more relaxed? I feel like strokin everybody...stroke me, Billy...strike me, boy!"

Child of the MOon! I love that photo for your avatar!
11-15-01 10:47 PM
Child of the Moon As much as I dig the COTM sleeve, I foudn this pic and said, "Yeah, that's gotta be the one..."

Hey, anyone else here dig the song "Wish You Were Here," as rendered by the immortal Pink Floyd? Hot damn, but do I love that song. "We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year."
11-15-01 11:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Not "in between" but I love

Welcome to the breakfast show!

Everybody seems to be ready! Are your ready?

Those make me get my rocks off!

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
11-16-01 08:12 AM
Mathijs During Tumbling Dice, September 8, 1973: Hey, you, you! Sergeant, Sergeant, you just come up here! It ain't a security show!

London, May 26, 1976: Well all yo' security lads here tonight, if everybody wants to walk down the isle let everybody walk don the isle, right?!! Why does the stage keeps moving, I don't know....

Passaic 1978: now one of my friends in the band is gonna sing a song...a rare occassion

November 15, 1969: "Welcome to Champaign, Illinois! We're right pleased to be here! You know it's not too often that us country folks gets to be in a big town like yours, but when we get to it we really dig it"

Those are good!
11-16-01 02:47 PM
Gazza Off the top of me head....

Another one from passaic'78 on introducing "Sweet Little sixteen" as "an old Rod Stewart number we learnt in kindergarten.."

introducing Bill Wyman in Paris in 1990 (in French) by claiming he was "older than Edith Piaf" (I was at this show and as Mick turned round to face Bill,Wyman could be quite visibly seen to mouth the words "you CUNT!")

Dont forget also the infamous show at Anaheim Stadium in '78 when after a few sandals had been thrown onstage Mick sarcastically invited the audience to "why dont you ALL throw your bloody shoes on" (or something similar)...this was followed by a pause of about 10 seconds while hundreds of people took their shoes off and then flung them en masse onto the stage - Bob Gruen's book has a great pic of Mick onstage at this gig surrounded by stray footwear.

The Shepherds Bush gig in 99 is worthy of a chapter of its own - the intro to "Respectable" where he welcomes "wives,ex wives - and thats just Charlie..", makes a wisecrack about "Marianne's Mars Bar" when somethings thrown onstage etc...a great night!
11-18-01 12:04 PM
marko What about:maaa mamam maaah,i wanna suck your pussy,thats
hartford 81.
Or introducing darryl jones in oakland,the halloween show.
:the man in black,on the bass darryl jones,you should see
how darryls eye balls goes all over his face.

in 82 about wyman,allways in blue:bill wyman.
on 81 tour,heres one for you women,who left their tampaxes
and decided to come to a show:let it bleed

Anaheim-78,first a bit of laugh,then,i feel myself horny,i
tell you that.

he has said lot funny stuff along the years.Maybe i should
collect those on cdr,and make a tree?
11-18-01 04:57 PM
steel driving hammer Mick - 1981 San Francisco Candle Stick Park...
"You know the bealtes played there last concert here...
...bunch of mind fucking useless information"

Mick - 1981 Los Angeles Collesium...
"I wanna come down there and fuck you all, boys and girls"

Mick - Just about anywhere...
"Ya'll ready to rock and roll some moe?"

Mick - New York 1969...
"Charlies good tonight ain't he?"

Mick - 69 Tour...
"Were gonna do a slow blues now for ya people"

Mick - Atlantic City 89...
"Which album is it from Bill, he doesn't know he doesn't know.
Beggars Banquet someone said, called Factory Girl"

Mick - Stripped after the song Dead Flowers...
"Felt like a hilly billy there for a minute, just a minute man"

Mick - 81-82 Tours introducing next song w/ intro words to LSTNT...
"Lets Spend The Night Together"

Mick - 81 Tour...
"I've been shit shat and shit on, all over this town,
and I'm feeling shee do bee down"

Mick - 81 Tour Tempe Arizona...
"Are you feeling goooooooud? Are you feeling gooooooudueh,
we gotta snuggle up to keep warm now"

List goes on...as do the Stones.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.