ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Enjoy your Sweet Lord while our guitars gently weep!

Rest in Peace - George Harrison
Liverpool February 24, 1943 - Los Ángeles November 29, 2001

By Jeff Christensen (Reuters)
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will They or Won't They Tour? Conflicting Information Out there Return to archive
10-30-01 08:19 AM
gimmesometruth Keith's Management Denies Tour Announcement By MTV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keith's manager Jane Rose has told the fan club the following info regarding Keith Richards & the Stones today:

* The Stones have NOT confirmed a 2002 World Tour. They are in discussions only!

* Keith has no solo plans

* Keith broke a small bone in his foot. Took a week to heal. No big deal!

The fan club felt it necessary to confirm these rumors because MTV announced on 10-26 that the Stones confirmed their 2002 World Tour. So as you can see this is still premature. The Stones most likely will tour in 2002, however, an official announcement has not been made by the band yet.

German press reports said that Keith may tour this autumn & that he is working on a solo album, which we had reported earlier was not true & still is not true.

Keith mentioned in his CNN interview during the weekend of the Concert for NYC that he had broken his foot, so many of us were concerned. It is healed now & he is fine, so that's cool.

It's always so that the official office denies everything, until it is official. And at the time it is incredible that so many rumours are circulating.

So please stay tuned to the fan club information and news, as the fan club will be one of the first to announce the official news when it comes in.

Charlotte

10-31-01 09:24 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 it never was mentioned on mtv at all!
11-01-01 01:02 AM
Jaxx >>it never was mentioned on mtv at all!

actually it was reported on MTV.com see the article located here:

Tour Has Been Announced

Jagger touring solo in australia in 2002, stones touring 2002, still under negotiations article posted in the Ticketmaster Article Thread. curioser and curioser. one thing is for certain, time will tell. to add fuel to the fire, here's a recent article from Billboard Magazine being tour noncommittal and another one from NME:

Tour Likely To Celebrate Stones' 40th

A Rolling Stones 40th anniversary tour is looking increasingly like a go for 2002, although it is unlikely there will be any sort of firm announcement before the spring. If indeed the Stones do tour for the first time since 1999, it would be no surprise if their longtime tour producer, Michael Cohl, would be in on the action.

THE boyz

Cohl, whose Toronto-based concert promotion firm The Next Adventure was acquired by Clear Channel Entertainment (then SFX) in 1999, would not comment on any specifics regarding a Stones tour, but did tell Billboard, "I love the Rolling Stones. Every year I propose they should tour, and this year is no different."

The legendary rockers are a touring industry unto themselves. In the 1990s, the band grossed some $750 million, selling out 307 of 333 mostly stadium shows, far more than any other act for the decade. In nearly two years of touring in 1997-99, which included their first arena-level dates in 20 years, the Stones grossed $337.2 million and played to a total 5.6 million people.

Although Stones frontman Mick Jagger will release a new solo album, "Goddess in the Doorway," on Nov. 20 via Virgin, it remains unclear whether the Stones would be touring behind a new studio set of their own. The group's last album, "Bridges to Babylon," debuted at No. 3 on The Billboard 200 in October 1997 and has sold more than 1.1 million copies in the U.S. to date, according to SoundScan.

In the meantime, Jagger will be the subject of an hour-long ABC special, "Being Mick," which will air Nov. 22, according to his spokesperson. The show features behind-the-scenes footage of Jagger collaborating with U2's Bono, the Who's Pete Townshend, Wyclef Jean, and Lenny Kravitz on the new album, plus the artist on the set of his new film "Enigma" and on holiday in the French Riviera, among other exotic locales.

-- Ray Waddell, Nashville; Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

NME
RUBY BOOZE DAYS!
The ROLLING STONES are reported to be touring to mark their 40th anniversary.

40 and surprisingly, not out

According to MTV news in the US, the group are currently finalising plans for the dates. The shows are unlikely to coincide with a new record, but the group may return to the studio once the tour dates are completed.

However, vocalist Mick Jagger has completed a solo album for Virgin Records. Titled 'Goddess In The Doorway', the album will be released in the UK on November 5.

[Edited by Jaxx]
11-01-01 01:34 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 the tour announcement was made on mtv. but the denying was never mentioned in any news source!
11-02-01 01:19 AM
CS No Moss Grows On The Rolling Stones

Rockers 'In Discussions' For 2002 Tour
Would Coincide With Group's 40th Anniversary
Mick And The Boys Played First Gig On July 12, 1962

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 1, 2001

AP
Mick Jagger

(Reuters) The Rolling Stones are in early talks to launch a tour next year, a trek that would coincide with their 40th anniversary, officials with the British rock band said Thursday.

If the tour is tied to the anniversary, it would run counter to singer Mick Jagger's aversion to nostalgia: he never listens to his old albums and considers the band a relevant act in the contemporary music landscape.

Initially known as the Rollin' Stones, a combo of fresh-faced jazz and blues purists from the London suburbs, the band played its first gig on July 12, 1962 at the Marquee club in London. Relatively unscathed by the intervening decades of death, drugs and divorce, the Stones have been off the road since wrapping a brief European tour in Germany in June 1999.

Jagger took time from promoting his new solo album to meet with guitarist Keith Richards last week to talk tour plans, said Richards' manager, Jane Rose.

"They're in discussions, which is step one. Nothing is confirmed," Rose told Reuters. "Even in the planning it's not confirmed. They're just talking about it. Things look good."

Some reports have speculated the Rolling Stones would tour North America without a brand new studio album to promote. The last time they did that was in 1975, seven months after the release of "It's Only Rock 'n Roll" the previous year.

Rose said the Stones have "a bunch of ideas" and she would have a "hundred percent better idea of what's definitely in the cards" by the beginning of the year.

In the meantime, Richards is writing and recording songs in the basement of his Connecticut home. "His first priority is the next thing with the Rolling Stones," Rose said.

Jagger is preparing to release his fourth solo album, "Goddess in the Doorway" in the United States Nov. 20. Stones guitarist Ron Wood will also release another solo album next month, while drummer Charlie Watts is currently playing in Tokyo with his jazz band.
11-02-01 11:12 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 it will happen! i guarantee it will be a big tour.
11-02-01 02:13 PM
Gazza >i guarantee it will be a big tour

Whilst a tour of some sort seems probable,every indication I've read suggests the days of touring for 1-2 years are gone. They have other projects and at least one band member has indicated there WONT be another tour anywhere near the length and scale of the last one.
11-02-01 03:39 PM
Milton and according to Mick himself in the radio interview held on Eins Live today he confirmed the tour again
11-02-01 03:53 PM
CS "Prior to the season if you would have told me that I would make an appearance in Soldier Field this year," Gumbel said, "I would have said, `Are the Stones on tour again?'"

In September Mick Jagger had a better chance of playing quarterback for the Bears than Gumbel, an avid Rolling Stones fan, had of calling Sunday's Bears-Cleveland game for CBS. Back then this matchup had Ian Eagle-Solomon Wilcots written all over it.

From Chicago Sports http://www.chicagosports.com/bears/content/column/0,2007,166406,00.html
11-03-01 03:45 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 the tour will be cool with a cool setlists. gibsons, fenders and zamaitis used.
11-03-01 07:46 PM
Torn & Frayed
quote:
ruby213 wrote:
Seems like someone should notify by email CNN News, as they are a HUGE TV Broadcasting station that they totally f*cked up by announcing that the 'Rolling Stones' said they are going to do a Large Anniversary tour! Where do CNN get there info????????????????? It must come from a record company or somewhere, I don't think they invent stories.

As noted on this board, there have been several recent wire reports.
CNN was probably quoting one of them.

Incidentally, CNN is a network, not a TV station.
11-04-01 01:04 PM
Mother baby T minus x00 days and counting. We'll be passing "forty" very soon. Buckle you seat belts.
11-04-01 03:38 PM
Torn & Frayed
quote:
ruby213 wrote:
The difference between a TV Network and a TV Station is not worth even writing about.

Perhaps.
However, there IS a difference.
I simply clarified what CNN actually is.

No offense intended.
11-05-01 09:28 AM
CS I'm sure they will tour, and check at the bottom of the article below, Keith is WRITTING AND RECORDING!

11-08-01 09:14 PM
~AzQb

All i can say is: the "RollingStonesFanClub" is no official club. Yer best bet is to check out Bill German's Beggar'sBanquet site for extremely up-to-the-date info.

Don't listen to "Balls&chains". Keith's got enuf of them working for him already ; )
11-20-01 12:13 PM
malva I just want to say that if the stones made a tour, i would be very happy if they come to Argentina.
And if they do 4 or 5 shows like the last time, i would go to all of them, i promess.
Argentina is a Stone country.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.