ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Punch Cartoon Library
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones sign to play Europe and Far East Return to archive
24th November 2006 06:26 AM
FotiniD Stonesdoug reports!

"On Tuesday, the band supposedly signed to do a total of 21 shows in the far East and Europe starting in April"

Can you feel the tingle?! I can!

Although 21 is nowhere near the supposed 30's and 40's we've been hearing about... Hope we're not left out here
24th November 2006 07:33 AM
Gazza they always add shows to the amount originally announced

I'm sure that when the tour announcement comes there'll be plenty of gaps, which will be filled over the coming months

the important thing is that the fans who had their shows cancelled due to Keith's accident should get first priority - and that was a total of what, 15 shows or thereabouts?
[Edited by Gazza]
24th November 2006 08:30 AM
Jumacfly Good news!!
Hope the tix won t be as expensive as last year and that they will play new songs.
24th November 2006 08:48 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Good news!!
Hope the tix won t be as expensive as last year and that they will play new songs.

And we will see peace in the Middle East and England will win the next World Cup.

24th November 2006 09:00 AM
egon
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

FUNNY!
24th November 2006 09:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Good news!!
Hope the tix won t be as expensive as last year ....

24th November 2006 09:27 AM
star star hey gazza, i cant recall whether you told me they would possibly play england again? i didnt get a chance to see them this summer and would dearly bloody love to catch them...did you say wembley was a maybe?
24th November 2006 09:49 AM
Gazza The intention, as I understand it, is that they'll play the new stadium in summer 2007. Probably at or around the end of the tour.

I wouldnt expect too many UK shows in 2007 as we didnt lose any shows in 2006, although it'd be great if they played at least a couple of indoor shows somewhere too. I wouldnt be surprised if they played Dublin as that show only fell apart in 2006 due to a court case between rival promoters, and not due to ill-health or poor sales etc.

I hope I'm wrong, but Ive heard whispers that they're thinking of making the stadium shows on the continent all-seated too, as was the case in the UK on the last two tours. That way they can play smaller outdoor stadiums and still get that all-important 'guarantee' by making the prices higher. I sincerely hope its wrong as, regardless of whether the tickets are seated or standing, if they significantly jack the prices up again just one year after struggling to sell tickets in many venues, it will blow up in their faces.
[Edited by Gazza]
24th November 2006 09:55 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:

FUNNY!

Hey this is the first time my post is quoted by 3 RO'ers !!
Anyway when I think about it it was quite stupid...time to copy 100 th time "I won t post bullshit on RO"
24th November 2006 01:18 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
they always add shows to the amount originally announced

also FUNNY!!

They add a few, they cancel some more.
24th November 2006 03:57 PM
Bitch Great news for the fans! Rolling Stones keep rolling along!
but
What about RONNIE'S hip surgery? Was that all bullshit?
24th November 2006 05:33 PM
Soldatti 21 shows is possible, around 15 in Europe and 6 in India, Singapour, China maybe.
24th November 2006 05:38 PM
Joey " the important thing is that the fans who had their shows cancelled due to Keith's accident should get first priority - and that was a total of what, 15 shows or thereabouts? "

Agreed ... The Tour should start in Spain as they have had to suffer the heartbeak of numerous cancellations of Stones' gigs ...... very sad .

BEST STONES YET !!!!! .... UNBELIEVABLE STONES !!!

" Why must the Stones cancel a concert Ronnie ?! ... Why ?!?! "

Kins

24th November 2006 06:00 PM
Joey
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
21 shows is possible, around 15 in Europe and 6 in India, Singapour, China maybe.

Vietnam .... Cambodia ... Laos .... Thailand

Uncle " Ho " Joe !
24th November 2006 07:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Great news for the fans! Rolling Stones keep rolling along!
but
What about RONNIE'S hip surgery? Was that all bullshit?

No..he does have a hip problem and has been on medication for the last few shows. Hopefully its a short term thing, though.
24th November 2006 09:46 PM
PeerQueer The Last Time...

(for real)
24th November 2006 09:55 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No..he does have a hip problem and has been on medication for the last few shows. Hopefully its a short term thing, though.

My mom has an old dog and it's not getting better. However, Mick Mars was onstage for the first time within weeks of having dual hip replacement surgery.
24th November 2006 10:22 PM
robpop
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The intention, as I understand it, is that they'll play the new stadium in summer 2007. Probably at or around the end of the tour.

I wouldnt expect too many UK shows in 2007 as we didnt lose any shows in 2006, although it'd be great if they played at least a couple of indoor shows somewhere too. I wouldnt be surprised if they played Dublin as that show only fell apart in 2006 due to a court case between rival promoters, and not due to ill-health or poor sales etc.

I hope I'm wrong, but Ive heard whispers that they're thinking of making the stadium shows on the continent all-seated too, as was the case in the UK on the last two tours. That way they can play smaller outdoor stadiums and still get that all-important 'guarantee' by making the prices higher. I sincerely hope its wrong as, regardless of whether the tickets are seated or standing, if they significantly jack the prices up again just one year after struggling to sell tickets in many venues, it will blow up in their faces.
[Edited by Gazza]

I always wanted to go to GB. Now I have the excuse. See you all in London next summer. FIrst round is on me.
24th November 2006 11:13 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Hey this is the first time my post is quoted by 3 RO'ers !!
Anyway when I think about it it was quite stupid...time to copy 100 th time "I won t post bullshit on RO"

Oh, Ju, that wasn't bullshit at all...it was wishful thinking on your part. It really struck a lot of us as pure fantasy, though.

You were very quotable!
25th November 2006 01:27 AM
tumblingdice01 Fan Asylum told us in Sheffield in August that they would be hosting packages to India, Thailand and maybe Singapore in the spring. Guess they were right.
All I can say is that after the US got 71 dates on this tour that they better make it up to Europe in a very big way at the 15 predicted gigs. Genesis just sold out 400,000 tickets in The Netherlands and Germany in 40 minutes yesterday. They sold 100,000 tickets in the UK in less than 1 hour. Europeans will go to big stadium shows. There is no lack of money around, especially with the strength of the Euro. A 150 Euro ticket is now 200 US for the Stones. That should be the top ticket price.
25th November 2006 03:53 AM
corgi37 I cant see why a quick arena tour of Oz cant be included.
25th November 2006 03:55 AM
Daethgod yer
why not slip 3 nights in at Rod Laver

cmon Mick !

do it
25th November 2006 10:38 AM
GotToRollMe I predict an exodus across the pond next summer...

25th November 2006 11:36 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
Dan wrote:

My mom has an old dog and it's not getting better. However, Mick Mars was onstage for the first time within weeks of having dual hip replacement surgery.

yeah, but Mars could barely move when I saw him.
26th November 2006 05:28 AM
RSRTG
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
yer
why not slip 3 nights in at Rod Laver

cmon Mick !

do it

Yeah, bring it on but something tells me if they do a tour of Europe next year I'll be spending some cash to go to Wembley.......waiting in anticipation.......
[Edited by RSRTG]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)