ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Punch Cartoon Library
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kramer's Meltdown at the Laugh Factory Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
22nd November 2006 07:18 AM
glencar He's Jewish himself. His career was dead anyway. This only makes it deader.
22nd November 2006 07:19 AM
Nellcote that was so yesterday.
We are now focusing on Paris hurling on stage at the AMA's after many Grey Goose vodkas.
As a FL lawyer once said, "it's true!"
[Edited by Nellcote]
22nd November 2006 09:49 AM
Bitch After watching the clip, I almost feel sorry for him for having a public meltdown. Someone pushed him over the edge. How embarassing. I doubt he thought it would be blown up to epic proportions. Although it sucks and his career is certainly dead, almost everyone I know can be driven to the point of anger and say thing we regret later. I accept the dudes apology because I know that he will never repeat his mistake.

Time to move on, whats this about Paris? I watched the AMA's and didnt see her barf. Is this true?
22nd November 2006 10:06 AM
Nellcote Paris pukes on Las Vegas
By Herald wire services
Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - Updated: 09:03 AM EST

PARIS HILTON got onstage in Las Vegas to lip-synch two of her songs but instead of entertaining the crowd, she vomited! According to singer Joshua Radin, who was seated next to the hotel heirhead-turned-wannabe-pop-tart during Jay-Z’s Las Vegas concert last weekend, Paris gulped “straight vodka from a Grey Goose bottle for hours” before stepping onstage. The salacious socialite was due to pantomime two songs off her debut album, but instead of forming soundless syllables, “she gets up on the stage, pukes and leaves.” Radin recounted on his MySpace Web page. According to news reports, the partied-out Paris returned to L.A. and promptly visited the doctor. Our guess is she was suffering from “exhaustion.”
22nd November 2006 10:28 AM
glencar Embarrassing but no career killa!
22nd November 2006 10:45 AM
Nellcote Right you are, as that mouth will take anything.
22nd November 2006 10:49 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Embarrassing but no career killa!

what career? I am assuming you are not referring to her ground breaking music or her scene stealing role in House of Wax?
22nd November 2006 10:54 AM
Nellcote See you Sunday, Pug.
Maroney is testing the turf as I write this....
22nd November 2006 01:06 PM
WJ Apparently, the two men who heckled Kramer have gotten lawyered up and plan on suing.

God bless America!
22nd November 2006 01:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
See you Sunday, Pug.
Maroney is testing the turf as I write this....

we have currently put Lance Briggs and Tommy Harris on a hunger strike so that come Sunday they will be starving for some all american white meat (see: Tom Brady).

To quote Clubber Lang....."Prediction......PAIN."

I shall raise a glass to you as a nod to one of my favorite towns in the US....Beantown! (Thankfully, the pats play in Foxboro, which I have no feelings good or bad towards as I have never been there.)
22nd November 2006 02:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
WJ wrote:
Apparently, the two men who heckled Kramer have gotten lawyered up and plan on suing.

God bless America!

Sadly, the real goal should have been preventing "Kramer" from ever doing this again, not to catch an easy paycheck.

I understand that the two men's evening was ruined, refund their tickets and offer them free passes with dinner for a future show of their choice and focus on punishing Michael Richards.

But since it is "ok" and "hillarious" when black comedians use the same terminology, I have a problem with punishing Michael Richards. The same standard needs to apply across the board otherwise it is pointless. Let fans (see: paying customers) decide whether or not Michael Richards actions are punishable by giving them the decision to spend their money on alternative entertainment options.

The fact that these two nitwits lawyered up for a high profile (read: easy payday) just puts three jackasses in the spotlight now. I have a big problem with this "its ok for us to do it, but not anyone else" crap. African American performers use words like "Cracker", "white boy", "whitey", etc and it is considered art. If a white fan heckled a black comic such as "Cedric The Entertainer" and Cedric called him a "dumb white cracker"....it would be considere edgy, witty, and top level comedic and artistic writing.

Actions and reactions such as this is what breeds racism in this society, not underlying guilt/anger for events that took place 150 years ago. It was disgusting when Bill Cosby was exiled from his race when he addressed the real problems without sugar coating them. I was never a big fan of Bill Cosby's public persona, but he won me over at that time.
22nd November 2006 02:07 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, the real goal should have been preventing "Kramer" from ever doing this again, not to catch an easy paycheck.

I understand that the two men's evening was ruined, refund their tickets and offer them free passes with dinner for a future show of their choice and focus on punishing Michael Richards.

But since it is "ok" and "hillarious" when black comedians use the same terminology, I have a problem with punishing Michael Richards. The same standard needs to apply across the board otherwise it is pointless. Let fans (see: paying customers) decide whether or not Michael Richards actions are punishable by giving them the decision to spend their money on alternative entertainment options.

The fact that these two nitwits lawyered up for a high profile (read: easy payday) just puts three jackasses in the spotlight now. I have a big problem with this "its ok for us to do it, but not anyone else" crap. African American performers use words like "Cracker", "white boy", "whitey", etc and it is considered art. If a white fan heckled a black comic such as "Cedric The Entertainer" and Cedric called him a "dumb white cracker"....it would be considere edgy, witty, and top level comedic and artistic writing.

Actions and reactions such as this is what breeds racism in this society, not underlying guilt/anger for events that took place 150 years ago. It was disgusting when Bill Cosby was exiled from his race when he addressed the real problems without sugar coating them. I was never a big fan of Bill Cosby's public persona, but he won me over at that time.

Amen!
22nd November 2006 07:11 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees
And snow-white turtle doves

Chorus:
I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms
And keep it company
(That's the song I hear)
I'd like to see the world for once
(Let the world sing today)
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills
For peace throughout the land
That's the song I hear
(That's the song I hear)
Let the world sing today
(Let the whole wide world keep singing)
A song of peace that echoes on
And never goes away

(Repeat 1st stanza and Chorus)

Put your hand in my hand
Let's begin today
Put your hand in my hand
Help me find a way

(Repeat Chorus til fade)

That song was voted Class Song by my high school graduating class. It beat out the only other choice on the ballot, which I nominated: (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction.
22nd November 2006 07:16 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Paris pukes on Las Vegas
By Herald wire services
Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - Updated: 09:03 AM EST

PARIS HILTON got onstage in Las Vegas to lip-synch two of her songs but instead of entertaining the crowd, she vomited! According to singer Joshua Radin, who was seated next to the hotel heirhead-turned-wannabe-pop-tart during Jay-Z’s Las Vegas concert last weekend, Paris gulped “straight vodka from a Grey Goose bottle for hours” before stepping onstage. The salacious socialite was due to pantomime two songs off her debut album, but instead of forming soundless syllables, “she gets up on the stage, pukes and leaves.” Radin recounted on his MySpace Web page. According to news reports, the partied-out Paris returned to L.A. and promptly visited the doctor. Our guess is she was suffering from “exhaustion.”

Hey! Bulimy is a serious problem.
22nd November 2006 09:02 PM
texile interesting commentary by a black writer...

Commentary on Kramer: Michael Richards' rant, racism and to heck with hecklers

Times Herald-Record
November 21, 2006
“I lost my temper on stage. I was at a comedy club trying to do my act and I got heckled and I took it badly and went into a rage and said some pretty nasty things to some Afro-Americans – a lot of trash talk.”

So went an apology from Michael Richards, former star of the hit sitcom ‘Seinfeld’ and shunned celeb du jour after a potently racist tirade at a comedy club last weekend.

“Shut up! Fifty years ago we’d have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass,” he told black members of his audience.

In an attempt to alleviate the public backlash, Jerry Seinfeld, who was already scheduled to appear on “The Late Show With David Letterman,” invited Richards on to address the public and “explain what happened.”

Richards says he has some personal issues to work on. And that’s true enough. The hatred that Richards demonstrated isn’t something that is borne suddenly in a pressure situation; it exists already.

We’re not a stupid nation (are we?). We know that racism is still a huge problem. And every once in a while, a celebrity – be it an A-lister like Mel Gibson or a D-lister like Richards – is kind enough to provide us with documentation, allowing us to bring that issue back into the public consciousness.

But there’s another issue Richards’ rant brings to light, one that isn’t being discussed. It’s not even remotely as important as racism, but it’s prevalent nonetheless.

Hecklers: What’s the deal with them?

Why do people pay good money to go to comedy shows only to ruin it for the comedian, the audience and themselves? This was a question posed this weekend by another comedian: Patton Oswalt, who was in the middle of his 8 p.m. performance at Caroline’s in New York City when he finally had enough.

He turned to the table in question and he pointed out that there’s a trick he likes to play when people are talking loudly during his set. He lowers his voice to almost a whisper and slowly but surely the loudmouths lower their voices as well. But why, he wondered, would you waste your money on a ticket to a show? He compared it to spending $5,000 on a prostitute then ahem, taking care of one’s own business before partaking in the pro’s services.

“What,” he wondered, “could be so important?”

When one of the guilty party’s cohorts explained that his friends were foreign and that the act was being lost in translation, Oswalt didn’t back down. He asked where they were from. Upon learning they were from Holland he dug in.

“Set-up, set-up, set-up, punchline... wooden shoes.”

Oswalt turned the tables by handling the situation that way. For the rest of the set, he provided sidebars to aspects of his jokes. When he referred to his experience in an Amsterdam coffee house as being like Templeton the rat, he turned to his new foreign friends and, in rapid-fire style, explained that “Charlotte’s Web” is a children’s book by E.B. White in which ... etc.

Heckling is so much a part of the comedy experience that in this last season of “Last Comic Standing,” the contestants’ first challenge was to heckle and be heckled.

In fact, many of the comedy shows I’ve attended in the last few years have boiled down to a comedian dealing with the dumbasses in the audience. At Bananas a couple years back, Dave Attell had a table of rowdy military at a front table that took his act completely off course, to the extent that the majority of the show was Attell insulting the women at the table and their dates thinking it was a blast.

At Dane Cook’s HBO special in April, one of two hecklers made it into the final cut. The one that didn’t air was a young woman in the front row who wanted Cook to take a picture with her in the middle of his set. The one that did air was a drunk young man who approached the stage. After indulging him for a minute or two, Cook pointed out that he needed to get back to his show. But as Jake, as he tells Cook his name is, walked up the steps back to his seat, Cook jumped off the stage and ran after him, tapped him on the shoulder and said “Jake, good to see you man.”

And though I wasn’t there, I’ve seen the footage of Bill Burr’s now legendary performance in Philadelphia. When the crowd wouldn’t let him do his act, Burr began a 10-minute barrage of insults directed at the citizens of Philly. Counting down between slams, Burr refused to give up even a second of his allotted time. The set is painful, but poetic.

Even during Monday's Letterman episode the topic comes up. Seinfeld wrote the forward to the book "I Killed: True Stories of the Road from America's Top Comics," a series of first-hand accounts by comedians. He tells a story, in the book and repeated on the show, about beng heckled by what he later learned was a mob boss. The punchline being that it was Seinfeld who was thrown out, not the heckler.

How one deals with hecklers says almost as much about the comedian as his or her regular material. So what does this brouhaha tell us about the artist formerly known as Kramer? Stick to the scripts, guy.

22nd November 2006 09:03 PM
texile that wasn't the article i meant to post....
interesting but not as interesting as the other one.
22nd November 2006 09:07 PM
texile this is the one:

John Ridley

A Couple of "N Words" Walk into a Comedy Club (140 comments )

So, Michael Richards gets heckled, has a meltdown, calls some guys niggers, gives a detailing of a forked-based lynching (?), then gets the public flogging he deserves as he crawls around looking for absolution.

And that's all as it should be.

But a query: what exactly do you call a couple of black guys who go to a public place where people paid money to enjoy themselves and who then begin to yell and scream at the person on stage who is trying to do his job?

As an ex-stand up, I can tell you that a comedy club isn't a place you go looking to get the abuse you just can't seem to find in daily life. The stage is a performer's domain. You protect that domain. You are not on stage to take what's given just 'cause you're getting paid. If you are attacked, you retaliate. If you can be high minded and pithy with your retribution, bravo. But if necessary, if you need to be brutal, such is the nature of things. You go for a heckler's weakness - physical failings, appearances, or stereotypes. Such as: the stereotype of SOME blacks who are unable to be demure in public. SOME blacks who are oblivious to a code of conduct.

Some would call such individuals niggers.

Clearly, to do so in this PC-ified age - even in a comedy club, even after having been attacked - is to risk one's career.

Comparisons have been made to Richards and Mel Gibson, but I don't fully entertain them. When Gibson lost his mind - or made his true id evident - he was driving drunk. And when law officers charged with protecting the public attempted to do their job, Gibson let loose with an unprovoked tirade.

Richards was on stage, practicing his craft in a professional setting, when he was chided to the point he could stand no more. Should he have found a better way to express his displeasure?

Absolutely.

But that cannot obfuscate the fact that if these "gentlemen" had merely kept their mouths shut and enjoyed the show - or, failing that, quietly made their way to an exit - no one would have said a word to them. Yet, now, after inciting the incident, they have the audacity to play the victim; act as though they are completely oblivious as to why - WHY - someone would "out of the blue" call them the dreaded "N Word" (and please don't get me started on how the Caucasian-dominated media makes matters worse by unilaterally deciding for blacks that nigger is forever a hurtful word).

These couple of guys, who have become poster-children for racial insensitivity with the rapidity of the rise of a teen pop queen, are not innocent blacks who were smeared merely for the color of their skin. They are loud-mouthed smart-alecks who were looking for trouble. And trouble once found, they and their paternalistic coddlers seek a group hug from the rest of us when really they are in need of a spanking and a lesson in manners.

No, I'll save my sympathy for some real victims. Not a couple of "N words" who walked into a comedy club.

22nd November 2006 09:21 PM
snap13 I DO HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION.. HOW COME ITS O.K. FOR BLACK PEOPLE TO CALL EACH OTHER NIGGER BUT WHEN A WHITE PERSON SAYS IT THEY ARE CONDEMED? I HONESTLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?
22nd November 2006 09:48 PM
WJ
quote:
snap13 wrote:
I DO HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION.. HOW COME ITS O.K. FOR BLACK PEOPLE TO CALL EACH OTHER NIGGER BUT WHEN A WHITE PERSON SAYS IT THEY ARE CONDEMED? I HONESTLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

It's not OK for all black people; I've known plenty of black people who don't put up with being called that regardless of the color of the person saying it.
23rd November 2006 01:36 AM
IanBillen

He is obviously very frustrated and is dealing with some other issues here besides this whole "interuption" thing.

He should of kept his cool and made the people heckling him look stupid in other ways. Or hell in a racist way without going over the top with it. He didn't have to pull the "N" card.

BUT: Not to slight how out-of-line that was (even though they may have initiated it). Black folks call themselves "Nigger" all day long, So..... here is my take on it. It was wrong for him to do that in that fashion.

But, it is also wrong for black folks to call themselves "nigger"> and if they hate it so much....why call each-other that very name so very often.

You don't hear any Jewish people saying to one another "Kike-Please".....

Go ahead, call me a "Cracker". Call me a "Honky ass".

That makes me about as angry as someone calling me a "turkey".

Anyhoo....he should of had more class. I am not racist. Just logically honest.

Ian
23rd November 2006 01:53 AM
2000monkey Next time when he is heckled by black people he will remember to call them shvoogies.
23rd November 2006 12:48 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

He is obviously very frustrated and is dealing with some other issues here besides this whole "interuption" thing.

He should of kept his cool and made the people heckling him look stupid in other ways. Or hell in a racist way without going over the top with it. He didn't have to pull the "N" card.

BUT: Not to slight how out-of-line that was (even though they may have initiated it). Black folks call themselves "Nigger" all day long, So..... here is my take on it. It was wrong for him to do that in that fashion.

But, it is also wrong for black folks to call themselves "nigger"> and if they hate it so much....why call each-other that very name so very often.

You don't hear any Jewish people saying to one another "Kike-Please".....

Go ahead, call me a "Cracker". Call me a "Honky ass".

That makes me about as angry as someone calling me a "turkey".

Ian

My hood is still kind of on the edge of "The Hood". Cracker was a term that never used to bother me, I guess I always thought it was a Southern thing and I am not originally from down here. I don't even remember ever being called one until I moved into this house.

I do take huge offense when I am called a cracker now and will not stand for it.
[Edited by TampabayStone]
23rd November 2006 03:25 PM
Highwire Rob At some point, doesn't the club owner/manager have the responsibility to eject extreme hecklers? And any comic who doesn't have a few backburner routines ready to deal with such people up to that ejection point just shouldn't be on stage. Considering the final years' per episode Seinfeld pay and present/future royalty payments, what a stupid way to ditch your profession.

Also, let's discuss...

quote:
Black girls just wanna get fucked all night
I just dont have that much jam

quote:
"Another controversy surrounded the lyrics to the title song, an extended musing on women of various nationalities and races. The line 'Black girls just wanna get fucked all night' drew strong protests from various groups, including Jesse Jackson's PUSH. Jagger famously replied, 'I've always said, you can't take a joke, it's too fucking bad,' although he was reportedly more conciliatory to Jackson in private, as he claimed the song was intended as a parody of racist attitudes. Saturday Night Live cast member Garrett Morris would have the final say on the controversy with a mock-editorial on the show's Weekend Update segment: After giving the impression that he was going to openly criticize the Stones, he quoted a sanitized version of the 'Black girls just...' line, then stated 'I have one thing to say to you, Mr. Mick Jagger... where are these women?!?'"

["Some Girls" from Wikipedia]

Hmmmmm... turns out Mick was kind'a right when Jesse found out how pricey some girls can be...

quote:
...it was revealed that Jackson (married since 1962) had an affair with a staffer Karin Stanford that resulted in the birth of his daughter, Ashley. The Rainbow Push Coalition had paid Stanford $40,000 to relocate her to Southern California, in addition to a continuing $3,000 a month in support, and $365,000 in funds from Rainbow Push were also used to purchase Stanford’s house. Many commentators questioned the legality of these payments and charged that Jackson was paying "hush money" to Stanford. This seriously damaged Jesse Jackson's credibility even among long-time supporters and for a brief time prompted Jackson to withdraw from activism.

["Jesse Jackson" from Wikipedia]
23rd November 2006 03:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hi Ian!

How ya been, ya honkey ass cracker turkey?
23rd November 2006 03:43 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
snap13 wrote:
I DO HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION.. HOW COME ITS O.K. FOR BLACK PEOPLE TO CALL EACH OTHER NIGGER BUT WHEN A WHITE PERSON SAYS IT THEY ARE CONDEMED? I HONESTLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

23rd November 2006 03:45 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Ian

My best guess is that this one goes in SS's trailer.
23rd November 2006 04:03 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hi Ian!

How ya been, ya honkey ass cracker turkey?

Not bad there,

Our Sir-Stones-alot you are truly one of a kind. A Trend setter. A Leader. A Profit.

You know I think I am going to idolize you as the "midevil Knievel".

Ian
23rd November 2006 04:06 PM
sirmoonie Speaking of niggers, a friend told me that Larry Bird recently said of Isiah Thomas: "If Isiah was white, he would have been fired a long time ago."

I hit goog, but could not confirm - anyone hear/read that?

If true, too damn funny, Larry must have had that in storage for years just waiting to toss it out. That dumb ass white hick was an A-list verbal hitter, in any case.
25th November 2006 12:54 AM
robpop I really think that he was trying to be funny, and I thought he was. Besides there is no outrage about the heckler yelling "cracker".
25th November 2006 11:40 AM
steel driving hammer He's just running out of money.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)