ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Punch Cartoon Library
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Jay Z Hangar Tour (SSC) Return to archive
20th November 2006 04:27 PM
nanatod As always, I'm reluctant to start a thread, and this one is no exception...

We're always talking here about the Stones stamina /occasional lack of stamina, and the fact that they don't (have to) schedule shows on consecutive days.

I love the Stones, but as a contrast to their non-consecutive-day show tour, please review this:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003408036

"With the aid of a private jet, Jay-Z will play seven 30-minute shots across the country on Saturday (Nov. 18) in advance of the Tuesday release of his comeback album, "Kingdom Come." Performances will take place in Atlanta, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., an undisclosed New Jersey location, Chicago, Los Angeles and Las Vegas."

The shows did take place as scheduled, as per this article:

http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment/story.html?id=afb88931-df7e-48c5-a292-c0006f908005&k=3630

And here is my take on the Chicago show, which I posted on another message board that I post on:

http://www.lollapalooza.com/forum/fb.aspx?m=53401

I realize that the Jay Z Hangar tour was "a publicity stunt," but it was a pretty cool one at that.

A Stones 24-hour "Hangar Tour" might be a interesting way for the Stones to retire, when and if that day ever comes.

20th November 2006 04:37 PM
mrhipfl this reminds me of my dream I had last night. I dreamed that Snoop Dog came to my house and threw a party. There were all of these celebrities around my house and around my pool. I kept looking for Mick and Keith, but couldn't find them, so I got really angry at everyone. I later saw Brian Jones in my pool. (weird, huh?) Then I woke up.
On topic: A hangar tour would be interesting. I doubt it could be done, though, because there would be way too much hype arround them, and way more people would be interested in seeing them than Jay Z. If it were sectret club gigs,however....
20th November 2006 05:13 PM
Some Guy Fuh schizzle...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)