ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Punch Cartoon Library
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lewis Still Shakin' With Two Albums, TV Special, DVD (NSC) Return to archive
20th November 2006 12:30 PM
justinkurian Lewis Still Shakin' With Two Albums, TV Special, DVD

Gary Graff, Detroit

Fifty years after starting his recording career with "Crazy Arms," Jerry Lee Lewis notes that he's "putting in a little bit more time these days." And that's an understatement.

The Killer actually has a whole lot shakin'. His latest album, "Last Man Standing" -- a duets collection featuring Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, B.B. King, Willie Nelson, most of the Rolling Stones, Jimmy Page and others -- hit No. 1 on Billboard's Top Independent Albums chart and No. 4 on the Top Country Albums tally. It's spawned a TV special and DVD, both of which will appear next year, as well as plans to record more albums, including gospel and blues collections.

"I'd like to do some more songs, if I'm able to do it," the 71-year-old Rock and Roll Hall of Famer tells Billboard.com. "That depends on God's willing. I don't want to go away dead, y'know? If it comes to a showdown, I'd like to do some more."

Jimmy Rip, who co-produced "Last Man Standing" and is working with Lewis on the other projects, tells Billboard.com that "we kept thinking, 'God, this guy's not getting any younger. Let's give him something to smile about.' We just wanted to see him recognized again for what he is, which is an amazing, original artist."

The TV special, whose broadcast details are still being negotiated, features Lewis dueting with artists who from "Last Man Standing" -- including Nelson, Kris Kristofferson and Kid Rock -- as well as additional partners such as Solomon Burke, Norah Jones and Chris Isaak. The performances were filmed at Sony Studios in New York and Henson Studios in Los Angeles. Rip says additional interviews with the performers and footage from the sessions for "The Last Man Standing" album will be incorporated into the DVD.

Ripp says there's also another full Lewis album ready to go, mostly without guests and "still very stripped down, just like ['Last Man Standing'] -- actually a bit harder, a bit more of an edge to the sound. Jerry calls it his blues record." Ripp says he's hoping to make a "straight-up country record" with Lewis, but a gospel album is the artist's next priority.

"I want to do a gospel album next," he says, "not a lot of new-type stuff; a lot of old-type stuff, the old gospel music. I was raised in church, singing for God. That'll have a big bearing on it."

Find this article at:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003409470
20th November 2006 01:26 PM
dirtyden love the album to bits
20th November 2006 10:04 PM
Kilroy God Bless The Killer.
20th November 2006 11:11 PM
Paranoid_Android For Fuck's sake...I thought you were talkinbg about JERRY LEWIS

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)