ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Punch Cartoon Library
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For Puggy ...... ( NSC ) Return to archive
20th November 2006 12:05 PM
Joey " Investors hope to snare Cubs "

" November 17, 2006
BY ASHLEY M. HEHER
A group of 15 investors is lining up financing for a possible purchase of the Chicago Cubs if the baseball team is put up for sale by its parent, Tribune Co.
Tom Begel, chairman of TMB Industries, said Thursday that he and other investors expect the team to be sold for up to $600 million.

The Chicago-based media company bought the Cubs in 1981 for $20.5 million.

''I'm guessing the bidding will be fierce,'' said Begel, who hopes to improve the fortunes of a last-place National League team that won just 66 games and lost 96 in the 2006 season. ''I think there will be a lot of Chicago groups like ours that right now are trying to put a coalition together to do this.''

Tribune, pressured by large shareholders disappointed with its stock price, has said it will decide by the end of the year whether to sell certain assets or the entire company.

Those assets also include 11 newspapers, led by the Chicago Tribune and the Los Angeles Times, and 25 television stations.

Two Southern California billionaires joined forces last week to bid for the entire Tribune Co.

The company also reportedly received four preliminary bids from private-equity investors and one from newspaper publisher Gannett Co.

Don Levin, owner of the Chicago Wolves minor-league hockey team, also said this week he contacted Tribune to express his interest in buying the Cubs.

Begel wouldn't disclose the names of others in his consortium, but said the group includes ''very prominent local people'' as well as others from across the country. He said the group would like to purchase the Cubs from Tribune or another company that purchases Tribune's assets.

Company spokesman Gary Weitman declined to comment.

Levin, 59, whose DRL Enterprises operates a variety of businesses ranging from loose tobacco and rolling papers to medical equipment and machinery leasing, said he would be able to finance such a transaction on his own. "

20th November 2006 12:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Investors hope to snare Cubs "

" November 17, 2006
BY ASHLEY M. HEHER
A group of 15 investors is lining up financing for a possible purchase of the Chicago Cubs if the baseball team is put up for sale by its parent, Tribune Co.
Tom Begel, chairman of TMB Industries, said Thursday that he and other investors expect the team to be sold for up to $600 million.

The Chicago-based media company bought the Cubs in 1981 for $20.5 million.

''I'm guessing the bidding will be fierce,'' said Begel, who hopes to improve the fortunes of a last-place National League team that won just 66 games and lost 96 in the 2006 season. ''I think there will be a lot of Chicago groups like ours that right now are trying to put a coalition together to do this.''

Tribune, pressured by large shareholders disappointed with its stock price, has said it will decide by the end of the year whether to sell certain assets or the entire company.

Those assets also include 11 newspapers, led by the Chicago Tribune and the Los Angeles Times, and 25 television stations.

Two Southern California billionaires joined forces last week to bid for the entire Tribune Co.

The company also reportedly received four preliminary bids from private-equity investors and one from newspaper publisher Gannett Co.

Don Levin, owner of the Chicago Wolves minor-league hockey team, also said this week he contacted Tribune to express his interest in buying the Cubs.

Begel wouldn't disclose the names of others in his consortium, but said the group includes ''very prominent local people'' as well as others from across the country. He said the group would like to purchase the Cubs from Tribune or another company that purchases Tribune's assets.

Company spokesman Gary Weitman declined to comment.

Levin, 59, whose DRL Enterprises operates a variety of businesses ranging from loose tobacco and rolling papers to medical equipment and machinery leasing, said he would be able to finance such a transaction on his own. "

For the sake of my baby Parmy.....I hope they do sell the Cubs.....and the new owners use some of that money they earn to buy some pitching for those poor guys on the North Side. Soriano was a great signing, the terms of the deal will bite the cubs in the ass if they don't win within the next 3 years and re-signing Aramis Ramirez was about the worst thing the Cubbies could have done. He is a worthless, selfish player, who only puts up big numbers when his team is not in contention. I feel bad for Derek Lee to have to receive his errant throws from third base all year. and to top it off, Kerry Wood is resigned for next year too....I guess you do have to make sure that the medical staff is working too!

Go Sox.
20th November 2006 01:09 PM
Nellcote Pug:

415P EST
Gillette Stadium aka "The Razor"
FOX
Bears vs. Pats

Pats own the NFC, having a 20-4 record vs. NFC since 2001

BE THERE!

http://www.patriots.com/homepage/
20th November 2006 01:27 PM
Joey " Kerry Wood is resigned for next year too....I guess you do have to make sure that the medical staff is working
too!"

Kerry Wood is good for ' Bull Pen Duty ' and that is it !!!!!!
20th November 2006 02:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Pug:

415P EST
Gillette Stadium aka "The Razor"
FOX
Bears vs. Pats

Pats own the NFC, having a 20-4 record vs. NFC since 2001

BE THERE!

http://www.patriots.com/homepage/

we will attempt to complete our East Coast Ass Whipping (thank you again the the players from both New York Teams....It was our pleasure to humiliate you.)

The "movers and shakers" will be watching as the game is going to be shown througout most of the country. I am told Vegas has this one as an early "pick'em". This could be a preivew of the big game.
20th November 2006 02:16 PM
Nellcote We have installed new "Field Turf" to await the leaders of the NFC. The team will host a "presser" in 45 minutes to debut it. Lawrence Maroney will perform research practice runs this week. If he likes it, this will be a good game.
20th November 2006 02:29 PM
TampabayStone Better watch out for this one coming up Pugs! We are on a one game win streak you know.

AT

Sunday 12/17/2006 1:00 PM

Actually, I am very excited we are playing for the 1st time on Thanksgiving!

[Edited by TampabayStone]
20th November 2006 02:53 PM
Some Guy I am currently unhappy this football season.
20th November 2006 02:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I am currently unhappy this football season.

my Jints have asked me if there are any able bodies here willing to suit up tonite
20th November 2006 02:58 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I am currently unhappy this football season.

Please. I had big hopes going into this year.

Now, at least me and Bart are having a good time.

20th November 2006 03:01 PM
Joey
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Lil Fiji..I just got a feeling that in 15 or 20 years, you're gonna be somebody...maybe like a writer or something"
20th November 2006 03:04 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

my Jints have asked me if there are any able bodies here willing to suit up tonite

Here is the latest report (11-17-06)
from Melodic Rock news .
Now look whats going on ,
HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS !

AS THE VAN HALEN WORLD TURNS:
A bunch of little tidbits from the Van Halen family of artists today. First up - a report from today's Boston Globe on the Van Halen 2007 tour:

"Right now Van Halen is contemplating going on tour in 2007.
And in an interesting twist it is neither Sammy Hagar nor David Lee Roth that's got fans buzzing about the potential outing but Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang.
It seems that Michael Anthony is out on bass and Wolfgang is in, according to VH's spokesperson. The band is also reportedly passing on Sammy, Dave, and presumably homeboy Gary Cherone, and considering using another family member, a nephew, in the lead vocal spot. (It's unclear if the nephew is drummer Alex Van Halen's son, but if he is, then it would truly be Van Halen, no?)
One way or another the original VH will undoubtedly be back in the news soon when the 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees are announced. The seminal Cali metallers should be shoo-in.

[Edited by Some Guy]
20th November 2006 03:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
The band is also reportedly passing on Sammy, Dave, and presumably homeboy Gary Cherone, and considering using another family member, a nephew, in the lead vocal spot. (It's unclear if the nephew is drummer Alex Van Halen's son, but if he is, then it would truly be Van Halen, no?)

Holy Bow Zee Bow Zee Boppin Shit!!!

this deserves its own thread

VAN HUMILIATION STRIKES AGAIN!!!!
20th November 2006 03:10 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Holy Bow Zee Bow Zee Boppin Shit!!!

niceness.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)