ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Punch Cartoon Library
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's Playin' Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th November 2006 04:56 PM
Dan Supersuckers "La Mano Cornuda"
Mudhoney "Under A Billion Suns"
recent Aerosmith/Motley Crue bootlegs
Boneyard on XM Radio (best song so far "Wicked Mystic" by Annihilator. Forgot what a great band that was)

You?
18th November 2006 05:08 PM
mrhipfl Johnny Cash - American V: A Hundred Highways
the best of three dog night
no moe! - louis jordan
Sally can't dance - lou reed
19th November 2006 04:37 AM
WattsAtScotts Rolling Stones-sacramento 1999
Bob Dylan-man toatally into his music
Bob Dylan-mondern times
The Who-endless wire
Buddy Guy-can't quit the blues

[Edited by WattsAtScotts]
19th November 2006 04:42 AM
MrPleasant J. J. Cale - Okie
Ringo Starr - Stop and Smell The Roses
19th November 2006 10:18 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Creedence Clearwater Revival
Charlie Daniels
Talking Heads

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
19th November 2006 11:46 AM
BILL PERKS ENDLESS WIRE- THE WHO
A BIGGER BANG -THE STONES
TOKYO 1990
19th November 2006 11:58 AM
M.O.W.A.T. 1. Guns 'n' Roses - Live Era
2. The Black Crowes - Instant Live Atlanta Tabernacle 2005
3. The Who - Encore Series Ottawa 2006

Trying to find some downloads of the new GNR songs -- the demos were up on Dime but I can't find them anymore.
19th November 2006 02:11 PM
sweetcharmedlife Whiskey Rock & Roller
LIfe without You
White Room
19th November 2006 05:57 PM
Dan Hanoi Rocks recent concert DVD
Iron Maiden "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son"
Skinny Puppy "VivisectVI"
Public Enemy "Apocalypse 91:The Enemy Strikes Black"
19th November 2006 06:49 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
J. J. Cale - Okie

great album

have you heard his new one with Clapton yet?
[Edited by Bloozehound]
19th November 2006 08:36 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

great album

have you heard his new one with Clapton yet?
[Edited by Bloozehound]

Not yet. But I shall definitely will.
22nd November 2006 08:55 PM
M.O.W.A.T. 1. Stop the Clocks - Oasis

2. When It's Done - Guns 'n' Roses (Chinese Democracy demos)
22nd November 2006 09:00 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
1. Stop the Clocks - Oasis

2. When It's Done - Guns 'n' Roses (Chinese Democracy demos)

Stop The Clocks?? WELL DONE!

Even I haven't got round to buying it yet!

I'm currently listening to a lot of 50's rock 'n' roll. Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly, Ricky Nelson, Elvis...
22nd November 2006 09:10 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Stop The Clocks?? WELL DONE!

Even I haven't got round to buying it yet!

I'm currently listening to a lot of 50's rock 'n' roll. Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly, Ricky Nelson, Elvis...

I know a lot of people slag off on the Gallagher brothers, but they do write some awfully good rock and roll.
22nd November 2006 09:18 PM
Soldatti Road To Escondido (great album)
22nd November 2006 09:45 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

I know a lot of people slag off on the Gallagher brothers, but they do write some awfully good rock and roll.

They do indeed and Stop The Clocks is a perfect introduction to their greatest work. It is a little telling though that there is'nt much on here outside their first couple of years!
22nd November 2006 09:50 PM
robpop Joe Grushecky "A Good Life"
Let it Bleed
23rd November 2006 10:14 AM
Gazza Lucinda Williams - Shepherds Bush, London 10.11.06 (with Springsteen as special guest)
Bob Dylan - City Center, NYV 20.11.06
Bruce Springsteen - The Seeger Sessions
Jackie Greene - American Myth
Various - "November Special"
23rd November 2006 10:24 AM
BILL PERKS OASIS ARE THE BEST ROCK BAND OF THE 90'S...INCREDIBLY UNDERAPPRECIATED.ESPECIALLY IN THE US
23rd November 2006 10:41 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
OASIS ARE THE BEST ROCK BAND OF THE 90'S...INCREDIBLY UNDERAPPRECIATED.ESPECIALLY IN THE US

Definitely maybe is a gem!!
23rd November 2006 11:20 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
OASIS ARE THE BEST ROCK BAND OF THE 90'S...INCREDIBLY UNDERAPPRECIATED.ESPECIALLY IN THE US

YES! Oases were the best band of the 90's!

The reason they are underappreciated in the States is because I think they are a little too British. Not just in terms of their music, but also attitudes and personality. It’s for these reasons that great 60's bands like The Kinks and The Small Faces never really cracked America. Even with a band loved like The Who, it took a couple of years and a change of direction to mean anything outside of the UK.

Jumacfly, many have Definitely Maybe down as the greatest debut of all time. Its certainly top 5!
23rd November 2006 11:25 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

YES! Oases were the best band of the 90's!

The reason they are underappreciated in the States is because I think they are a little too British. Not just in terms of their music, but also attitudes and personality. It’s for these reasons that great 60's bands like The Kinks and The Small Faces never really cracked America.

Weren't the Kinks banned in the United States? I always figuredthat is why they were never really that popular here.
23rd November 2006 11:50 AM
Dan Rolling Stones recent boots
Sierra Leone Refugee All Stars recent boot

[Edited by Dan]
23rd November 2006 11:54 AM
Phog Dylan-Nov. 20, 2006
Stones-Bigger Bang
23rd November 2006 11:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

Weren't the Kinks banned in the United States? I always figuredthat is why they were never really that popular here.

Yes, they were banned for fighting on stage. Either that or the incident with Ray and Dave dancing together on national TV led to it. I still beleive their Englishness would've been a major factor anyway. Especially as the decade went on and they stoped the cover versions and started writing about the tax man and Dedicated Followers Of Fashion.

The thing with America, is that whilist the UK and Europe embrace a lot of what you have to offer, you don't return the favour so much!
23rd November 2006 12:09 PM
lotsajizz 'Gone Again' by Patti Smith when I woke up, then
The First Album by Elvis
now...'The Alternate Exile'
23rd November 2006 12:11 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Yes, they were banned for fighting on stage. Either that or the incident with Ray and Dave dancing together on national TV led to it. I still beleive their Englishness would've been a major factor anyway. Especially as the decade went on and they stoped the cover versions and started writing about the tax man and Dedicated Followers Of Fashion.

The thing with America, is that whilist the UK and Europe embrace a lot of what you have to offer, you don't return the favour so much!

No, they weren't banned! In our federal system such is not possible....but they were effectively boycotted by organized labor when they tried to tour in the 60's bypassing union workers and refusing to get musician union cards....they finally knuckled under in the early 70's...
23rd November 2006 12:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot Nope. The Kinks were never "banned". They were blackballed...which is different. It wasn't that they were prohibited from coming to the US...it was that no one would book them.

It wasn't for anything as cool as fighting on stage. It was their use of non-union roadies that led to the blackballing. Promoters, under pressure from several US labor unions, declined to promote US tours that would have made the band at least as popular as The Who...and maybe even rival The Stones. The Kinks wouldn't budge, insisting that they had to use their own crews so as to get the proper sound. So they missed the US, for the most part, at the height of the British Invasion.

23rd November 2006 12:24 PM
Jumacfly CCR box (five cd's)
Cansei de ser sexy
Hampton 81
Radiodread (reggae versions of Radiohead)
Dean Martin live in Vegas with the rat pack

oh....Alex, Definitely Maybe is one of the greatest debut rock album ever recorded...Broken boy Soldier from the Racs is great as well.

[Edited by Jumacfly]
23rd November 2006 12:30 PM
Honky Tonk Man Well, I didn’t realise it was anything as uninteresting as that. As usual, my fellow posters on this board are more insightful than some of the crap I read in books. I am positive I have a Kinks book somewhere which states they were banned for fighting!

Am I right in thinking that The Who didn’t exist in America (in terms of record sales) until the late 60's? I know they didn’t visit until 1967 when they’d stopped being modelled as mods, which of course, they never were.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)