ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Punch Cartoon Library
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Eddie Van Halen's Son Named Band's New Bassist (for Some Guy ) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
3rd November 2006 12:30 PM
doo doo doo Dude
Rock group VAN HALEN has named EDDIE VAN HALEN's 15-year-old son WOLFGANG as the new bassist for the band. Wolfgang's mother is former ONE DAY AT A TIME star VALERIE BERTINELLI and he is the nephew of the band's drummer ALEX VAN HALEN. He will replace longtime bassist MICHAEL ANTHONY, who left the band earlier this year (06). The band's spokesperson JANIE LISZEWSKI confirms to entertainment news website TMZ.com, that Wolfgang, known as "Wolfie," has already joined his dad and uncle for rehearsals in the studio. He played dates with his father during the band's 2004 tour, and the song 316 on 1991's FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE was named for his birthdate that same year. The band is still without a lead singer, despite rumours that DAVID LEE ROTH might re-join the rockers.

3rd November 2006 12:32 PM
glencar Who cares?
3rd November 2006 12:34 PM
jb They really fucked over Michael Anthony. Van Halen brothers get what they deserved.
3rd November 2006 12:43 PM
Saint Sway I dont know how they manage to do it with such consistancy and utter shock value... but the Van Halen news just keeps getting funnier and funnier

unbelievable!

can anyone confirm if the band is being managed by the writers of Spinal Tap??

the Van Halen shit lately is more bizarre than the actual movie
3rd November 2006 12:57 PM
GimmeExile You could never hear Michael Anthony's bass lines. I'm sure Eddie played bass on the albums anyway.
3rd November 2006 12:59 PM
doo doo doo Dude What a circus this will be when they are inducted into the R&R HOF next year. How bummed is Mike Anthony that he got replaced by this 15-year old fat kid:

3rd November 2006 12:59 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
You could never hear Michael Anthony's bass lines. I'm sure Eddie played bass on the albums anyway.

the guy must royally suck if he was replaced by a 15 yr old
3rd November 2006 01:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
What a circus this will be when they are inducted into the R&R HOF next year. How bummed is Mike Anthony that he got replaced by this 15-year old fat kid:

BLAHA HAHAHHA LAHALHHAHA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! This is all way too funny

where the hell is Some Guy???
3rd November 2006 01:02 PM
ShaneJazz It is well documented that Anthony is still close to Sammy, and I wonder if the pending reunion with Dave was the last straw in this circus for him.
3rd November 2006 01:07 PM
Some Guy I hereby condemn this action.
3rd November 2006 01:08 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

BLAHA HAHAHHA LAHALHHAHA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! This is all way too funny

where the hell is Some Guy???

It's official: Eddie Van Halen has gone insane.
3rd November 2006 01:15 PM
Some Guy Just wanted to clarify this - I've heard Wolfgang would be on bass for the recording sessions. I've not heard any mention of him being on bass for a tour

I've mentioned before that Dave will tour minus Mike. This formed an early part of the talks. Dave was said to have a preference for Mike to be there (the whole band one last time), would still be up for it without Mike. What I've been told is that Dave's main concern of going it without Mike is the lack of vocal range that losing Mike would bring. Back singinger were under consideration - that may now become a reality.
3rd November 2006 01:17 PM
Maxlugar Wait are you saying Dave is back inside the Circle of Trust and will be touring?
3rd November 2006 01:18 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Just wanted to clarify this - I've heard Wolfgang would be on bass for the recording sessions. I've not heard any mention of him being on bass for a tour

I've mentioned before that Dave will tour minus Mike. This formed an early part of the talks. Dave was said to have a preference for Mike to be there (the whole band one last time), would still be up for it without Mike. What I've been told is that Dave's main concern of going it without Mike is the lack of vocal range that losing Mike would bring. Back singinger were under consideration - that may now become a reality.

MA WAS MORE VALUABLE AS A SINGER THAN BASS
3rd November 2006 01:23 PM
F505 Van Halen: old bores
3rd November 2006 01:25 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Wait are you saying Dave is back inside the Circle of Trust and will be touring?

Looks that way. This was the lastest as of last week:

Melodicrock: VAN HALEN AND ROTH - FINALLY IN 2007

No more teasing. Never tease where Van Halen is concerned...I have information from a highly placed source that Van Halen will likely tour in 2007 with David Lee Roth as frontman.

Negotiations are currently underway to re-unite Van Halen with their original frontman for a tour in 2007 that will take in Amercia and possibly other territories. While nothing in the world of Van Halen is set until the band walk out on stage, I can confirm that negotiations between all parties have been underway for some time, trying to put together a big 2007 re-union tour.

One would presume the tour will feature classic VH era songs only. What I do not yet know is whether this plan includes exiled bass player Michael Anthony. Perhaps Wolfgang will play bass? I'm told these questions will be answered shortly.

Van Halen last toured in 2004 with Sammy Hagar, but the tour ended on a sour note and Hagar has not talked to Eddie Van Halen since.

What I also know is that there will be no new Van Halen release to go with the tour, such as The Best Of Both World's in 2004. There is no plans for a new compilation or a new studio album - just the tour.

More details when available.
3rd November 2006 01:26 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

MA WAS MORE VALUABLE AS A SINGER THAN BASS

True. He actually was very important to their sound vocally.

As a bass player.... I have an interview in Guitar World with Eddie as far back as Fair Warning openly dismissing his chops. It's funny but back in the day when I saw them, they actually gave him a bass solo slot. It basically consisted of him sliding up and down the neck picking fast then he's throw it to the floor and start jumping on it. LOL.

Terrible hair plugs for a man if his wealth. too.
3rd November 2006 01:27 PM
Some Guy The fab four will return and yes his son may join them at times. Dave is back, looks and sounds good, Eddie is getting it together. The new stuff sounds great. Tour in 07! Could be bigger than Star Wars.
3rd November 2006 01:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I hereby condemn this action.

NEPOTISM!!!!!!!!
3rd November 2006 01:30 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
The fab four will return and yes his son may join them at times. Dave is back, looks and sounds good, Eddie is getting it together. The new stuff sounds great. Tour in 07! Could be bigger than Star Wars.

Wasn't Eddie on Howard Stern like a month ago dismissing the idea? This guy is a 3 faced delusional psycho!

Can't wait to see them again.
3rd November 2006 01:31 PM
Some Guy From the last I heard Mark 1 Million USD per show was the offer on the table for a 3 month US only tour. I am aware of a second offer - but the chances of that one been taken are.... remote.
3rd November 2006 01:31 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Wasn't Eddie on Howard Stern like a month ago dismissing the idea? This guy is a 3 faced delusional psycho!

Can't wait to see them again.

meth.
3rd November 2006 01:35 PM
Altamont I find it hard to believe that Roth would abandon his bluegrass career to rejoin VH. He has sold out every show on his tour of Dunkin Donuts shops.

Maybe they will hire Michael Anthony to drive the tour bus?
3rd November 2006 01:38 PM
Some Guy I may not go down in history, but I will go down on your sister- DLR.
3rd November 2006 01:43 PM
Maxlugar Behold!!!!

Damn that's like a week from the date I saw them on that tour.
3rd November 2006 01:47 PM
Drewby Id rather see John Entwistle do a solo......Greatst of all-time
3rd November 2006 01:48 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Behold!!!!

Damn that's like a week from the date I saw them on that tour.

Damn!!! I haven't seen that in a minute. Thanks! They were once like the largest dinosaurs that ruled the planet destroyed by the asteroid Ego!
3rd November 2006 01:53 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Damn!!! I haven't seen that in a minute. Thanks! They were once like the largest dinosaurs that ruled the planet destroyed by the asteroid Ego!

Nice to see them launch into Hang em High. That rocked ass!!
3rd November 2006 01:54 PM
Nellcote Dudes are old.
Act is old.
I'm old.
It had to be said
3rd November 2006 02:00 PM
Some Guy Everything old is new again.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)