ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Punch Cartoon Library
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Atlantic City REDUX...Who is going now? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
3rd November 2006 02:08 PM
BILL PERKS PERKS IS GOIN
3rd November 2006 02:10 PM
luxury1 Jumping Jack--Mick is really and truly having throat troubles. I listen/watch closely (hence I now know for sure that he "wears it up."). And I couldnt drink, being an "extra", so I was on sensory-overload.

Let's hope all this rigamorole surrounding these past few dates has all the powers-that-be realizing the band should stick to arenas/theatres next time out...assuming there will be a next time.
3rd November 2006 02:17 PM
Nellcote "rigamorole"
Have not heard this since Parochial School.
Gawd, the flashbacks...
3rd November 2006 02:23 PM
luxury1 Hey--watch it, Nellie--you callin' me old??

(BTW--did you ever get that package I sent?)
3rd November 2006 02:25 PM
LadyJane
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Hey--watch it, Nellie--you callin' me old??

(BTW--did you ever get that package I sent?)

Yeah Nellcote...I USE that term often.

Luxy..you and Throbster should come to AC II!!!

LJ.
3rd November 2006 02:26 PM
Jumping Jack I don't doubt he has throat problems. My problem is with RS.com and how the Legacy codes were handled, the communication and distribution of tickets, and the fact that 12,000 paying customers were dismissed so Mick could kiss Clinton's ass and do a fairy tale movie.

Voice problems? Fine, blow off the rehearsals, Clinton and the phony movie before screwing 12,000 fans. I will never forgive the unprofessional egotistical bastards.

They deserve all the bad karma that comes their way from here on out. They have earned it.

3rd November 2006 02:26 PM
Nellcote
Luxy, you were far, far below my grade.
Galaxy's below.
Package received, post office stinks.
More to follow.
I'm still recovering from that word, "rigamorole".
I was raised by nuns who slept in 130 degree rooms, who looked like penguins, smelled like Alpo, chased me into heating ducts.
Thanks for the comment!

[Edited by Nellcote]
3rd November 2006 02:47 PM
Steel Wheels I'm in for AC. I cannot wait to see the Stones!
3rd November 2006 03:05 PM
glencar
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I don't doubt he has throat problems. My problem is with RS.com and how the Legacy codes were handled, the communication and distribution of tickets, and the fact that 12,000 paying customers were dismissed so Mick could kiss Clinton's ass and do a fairy tale movie.

Voice problems? Fine, blow off the rehearsals, Clinton and the phony movie before screwing 12,000 fans. I will never forgive the unprofessional egotistical bastards.

They deserve all the bad karma that comes their way from here on out. They have earned it.

JJ, I feel your pain. I think if I hadn't gotten into one of the Beacon shows I would feel the same way. I do hope you change your mind & come back to AC. I have an extra room reserved at the Trop if you'd like.
3rd November 2006 03:14 PM
Jumping Jack Glencar, it is interesting that all my friends (beautiful people and the lucky) that got into the Beacon say don't worry it will blow over, and most of the rest say screw them, whether they post that or not.

I am a believer in karma. A lot of good, deserving people got into the Beacon and I am happy for them. I emptied my karma account with the Rattlesnake in Louisville for which I am thankful.

There is also Stones karma and they have earned every bit of their fate from this point forward. Do people wrong long enough and sooner or later it catches up with you.
3rd November 2006 03:17 PM
jb The attendance and bad press is really catching up with them this time....cancelled dates b/c of poor sales, Chicago, Seattle, etc....and the unfairness of those getting in at the Beacon, when the real fans are shut out.!!! They have not had one legitimate sell-out this tour!!!
[Edited by jb]
3rd November 2006 03:38 PM
luxury1 Nellcote--what were they doing with you in those heating ducts??

LJ--we will try to make AC...wont know for another week or so--has to be a last minute thang.
3rd November 2006 03:39 PM
Jumping Jack Although the lawsuit has little chance of success, it will be brought up by the press at every opportunity and fans around world will continue to be reminded of how they screwed their fans in newspapers in every new city.

This is a PR nightmare that Cohl is too stupid to address head on.

Hey, instead of talking about their combined ages they will be talking about how they screw their fans, LOL!
3rd November 2006 03:39 PM
glencar JJ, I think karma's a crock o' shit. I will attend this one last show & then nothing ever again in the USA. Maybe Spain if it works out on MY terms.
3rd November 2006 03:42 PM
jb It enough already...they need to end this tour.
3rd November 2006 03:49 PM
glencar In 22 days.
3rd November 2006 03:50 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
In 22 days.

Amazing how 2 months has destroyed their legacy.
3rd November 2006 03:51 PM
glencar Nah, it was a while back. They should have quit at the end of Licks. I'm glad they made ABB but this tour has been rough.
3rd November 2006 03:51 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nah, it was a while back. They should have quit at the end of Licks. I'm glad they made ABB but this tour has been rough.

Agrred(adda).
3rd November 2006 03:52 PM
glencar Joshy, we are pretty smart guys. I hate some of what I see around here that passes for humor. Horrid!!!!!!
3rd November 2006 03:53 PM
Egbert
quote:
glencar wrote:
JJ, I think karma's a crock o' shit.

For the most part I agree - except for when child molesters go to prison - now that's karma!
3rd November 2006 03:55 PM
glencar Only when they get knifed in there!
3rd November 2006 03:59 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, we are pretty smart guys. I hate some of what I see around here that passes for humor. Horrid!!!!!!

That's right. Was there a good lesbo scene b/t Scarlette Johnason and Hilary Swank in "Black Dalhlia"?
[Edited by jb]
3rd November 2006 04:00 PM
Jumping Jack Which was most humiliating?

1) Willie Mays falling down in a NY uniform

2) Ali's last fights

3) Stones fall 06 tour
3rd November 2006 04:01 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Which was most humiliating?

1) Willie Mays falling down in a NY uniform

2) Ali's last fights

3) Stones fall 06 tour

I would have to go with #2.
3rd November 2006 04:09 PM
glencar Definitely. Oh BTW RIP Trevor Berbick
3rd November 2006 04:17 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Definitely. Oh BTW RIP Trevor Berbick

He was chopped up...
3rd November 2006 04:22 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm on the outside looking in...

You make GTRM weep...
3rd November 2006 07:41 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
ROCKS OFF ROLL CALL...(to be edited as needed)

Paranoid Android
LadyJane
GotToRollMe
whatabeautifulbuzz
Mojoman

Lotsajizz plus SigOth
chevysales
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]

Sorry I can't make it this time. Wanted to meet you guys, last time but got bummed out by what happened.
[Edited by Kilroy]
3rd November 2006 07:49 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
jb wrote:

I feel your pain JJ. While I will not give up on them, it has been a real disappointing finish for me.

So...will you be there?

Some of you are commenting like you WILL be there...though a bit ambiguous none-the-less...let's see a show of hands...WHO IS GOING!!!
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)