ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Glasgow date in August Return to archive
November 27th, 2005 04:26 AM
erikjjf http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16418544&method=full&siteid=64736&headline=billy-sloan--stones-roll-in--name_page.html

EXCLUSIVE: Legends to rock Hampden in August
Billy Sloan

I TOLD you first they were coming... and now I can tell you first WHEN The Rolling Stones will rock Scotland.

I can reveal the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world will play Hampden Park on August 29.

That's just three days before Robbie Williams plays his two sell-out gigs there.

Details of the UK leg of their Bigger Bang world tour won't be announced until next week in London.

But my information is Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts have booked the stadium on that date.

With a combined age of 245, there is speculation this really could be the last time for the band who notched up their first hit in 1963.

Don't you believe it. Mick said: "We don't plan that this is the last tour and we certainly don't announce it."

Back in August, I told you the Stones wanted to rock Hampden one more time.

They last played there in 1990 and also stormed Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh nine years later.

In 2003, they performed two gigs at the SECC transforming the cavernous Hall 4 into a more intimate club-style venue.

I recently voted those shows the greatest in the 20year reign of the top Glasgow venue. Jagger and Co. have rehearsed more than 100 songs for this tour - and have been chopping and changing the set from night to night.

The Bigger Bang tour kicked off in Boston in August and the 58-date schedule is the highest grossing show in rock history.

On their Forty Licks tourin 2003 they played to 3.4 million fans and earned £93million.

They're expected to surpass that this time.

They've been playing classic tracks such as Sympathy For The Devil, Jumpin' Jack Flash and Tumbling Dice.

They've also unearthed rarely performed hits including Beast Of Burden, Ruby Tuesday and Doo Doo Heartbreaker.

An insider told me: "Scotland is set for its biggest ever summer for major concerts.

"Apart from Robbie, The Eagles and Bon Jovi are all playing outdoors. While Eric Clapton and Pavarotti are also heading this way.

"But the Stones remains the biggest rock'n'roll circus in the world. When it comes to playing live nobody can compete with them."

#SOME agencies have been advertising tickets for the Stones' UK shows. But tickets for Hampden are not expected to go on sale for another two weeks. Watch Scotland's top music column for details.
November 27th, 2005 12:05 PM
T&A being first seems quite important to you, Erik.
November 27th, 2005 01:09 PM
erikjjf Not more important than spreading news to my fellow RO's.
November 27th, 2005 09:41 PM
glencar Well, thanks, Erikjjf!
November 28th, 2005 09:09 AM
Gazza I'll be at that one...cheers Erik
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)