ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: are ALL the virgin releases (circa 1994) of sticky fingers - tattoo you) remasteered by ludwig..? Return to archive
November 27th, 2005 01:01 AM
mac_daddy it would say on the back of the jewelcase/digipack...

thanks.
November 27th, 2005 04:00 AM
pdog Yes...
November 27th, 2005 07:31 AM
scratched A good interview with Bob the 'master re-masterer' where he talks a bit about the Stones DSD CD and SACD remasters:

http://www.musictap.net/Interviews/LudwigBobInterview.html
[Edited by scratched]
November 27th, 2005 10:14 AM
mac_daddy thanks pdog - i am listening to the emi special vinyl, and it is remastered by ludwig, and i was curious if it is the same mix on the CDs. apparently it is...

scratched - i have read that article. lots of good stuff in there. ludwig is a champ (like tom dowd before him).
November 27th, 2005 10:48 AM
mac_daddy WOW!!!

if you havent heard exile on the 180g emi vinyl pressing, you havent really heard it. the sound is that good...

fwiw, the second-best mix is the one present on mickboy's release (which is a rip of a japanese virgin vinyl pressing, though i am not sure specifically which one)...

best album ever.

listened to sticky fingers (the emi pressing) last night - and that is as good as i have heard, and i havent got to some girls (emi pressing), but exile absolutely smokes. i have never heard this album like this, and this is my favorite album. truly a revelation!!!!

highly recommended.
November 27th, 2005 12:29 PM
mac_daddy some girls sounds marvelous, too.
November 27th, 2005 12:55 PM
scratched
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
scratched - i have read that article. lots of good stuff in there. ludwig is a champ (like tom dowd before him).

Ludwig is a superstar! Just by going through my record collection its amazing how much of it was remastered by him (all the best sounding ones too). Was Tom Dowd a mastering engineer too? I'm familiar with his production work, but didn't realise that he was involved in this side too.
November 27th, 2005 01:10 PM
mac_daddy he started as an engineer. worked with ahmet ertegun, recording all of those albums - aretha, ray, etc.

he also is the one that used his engineering backgrounds to modify the equipment...

he was the MAN.

great documentary on him makes the rounds on sundance channel - check it out sometime...
November 27th, 2005 01:34 PM
scratched
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
he also is the one that used his engineering backgrounds to modify the equipment...

he was the MAN.

I remember reading about that actually. Re-wiring the desks on the fly during a session or something similar!

He certainly was the man!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)