ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pepsi Center, Denver, Co. 24th November - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive
November 24th, 2005 08:37 PM
Gazza Just got a text message from a certain webmistress who has just a few minutes ago managed to get autographs from Charlie, Ronnie and Darryl at their hotel....

No doubt she'll fill us in with details when she comes down to earth again after tonight's show....
November 24th, 2005 09:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl A webmistress in Denver? Let me guess who...

Great news, and great for her, can't wait I'm sure there will be a thanksgiving surprise
November 24th, 2005 09:58 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Just got a text message from a certain webmistress who has just a few minutes ago managed to get autographs from Charlie, Ronnie and Darryl at their hotel....

No doubt she'll fill us in with details when she comes down to earth again after tonight's show....

WHAT?! I am THRILLED to hear this great news. Thanks for sharing it Gary!

Who's calling in the set? Meg will it be you?

Wish I was with the Denver crew tonight.

Waiting to see what you all get......

xxoo,
MM
November 24th, 2005 10:02 PM
LadyJane Way to go Jaxx!!!

MEG is calling me from the show.

Don't know if I'll get the full setlist but I'll report anything I can.

Stay tuned..............

LJ.
November 24th, 2005 10:05 PM
Martha Thanks LJ

I knew you were on it!

Will there be any surprises tonight? Besides Jaxx's fantastic news. :-)
November 24th, 2005 10:12 PM
LadyJane Martha did you see the Stones on the AMA awards????

I watched it AGAIN...TWICE....and I still am not on board with everyone who says it was abysmal.

Granted..the guitars were OFF during Rain Fall Down....but no way did I see Jagger forgetting lyrics. IORR was just fine....until ABC cut to commercial.

Surprises???? Nah.....I think we need to wait for January to see major changes.

LJ.
November 24th, 2005 10:26 PM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Martha did you see the Stones on the AMA awards????

I watched it AGAIN...TWICE....and I still am not on board with everyone who says it was abysmal.

Granted..the guitars were OFF during Rain Fall Down....but no way did I see Jagger forgetting lyrics. IORR was just fine....until ABC cut to commercial.

Surprises???? Nah.....I think we need to wait for January to see major changes.

LJ.

Dear gawd I MISSED this entirely. I didn't realize they performed. Egads!

When did Keef stop playing The Worst? I missed that change-up.

MM
November 24th, 2005 10:38 PM
LadyJane Just got the first call from Miss MEG. Opening band just finished.

She's calling the setlist for Shidoobee and will phone me as well.

LJ.
November 24th, 2005 11:15 PM
LadyJane Well...guess no one's around but I'll post anyway.

Just heard Start Me Up...so I guess the show has begun.

BAD connection....here's what I've got so far....
1)SMU
2) ?
3)ONNYA
4)RFD.
5)Ruby Tuesday
6)Midnight Rambler (smokin!!!!)
9)Nighttime.
10)Slipping Away
11) Infamy
12)Miss You
13)RJ
14)GOMC

LJ.

So far I've heard clear portions of MR and GOMC. Sounds GREAT.

[Edited by LadyJane]

Official setlist from Shidoobee:

1. Start Me Up
2. IORR
3. Shattered
4.Tumbling Dice
5. Oh No, Not You Again
6. Rain Fall Down
7. Ruby Tuesday
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Night Time
10. Slipping Away
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off Of My Cloud
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Sympathy For the Devil
17. Brown Sugar
18. Jumpin' Jack Flash
19. You Can't Always Get What You Want
20. Satisfaction

'Night all!!!!

Thanks MEG.....glad you enjoyed the show. Post a review!!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
November 24th, 2005 11:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Well...guess no one's around but I'll post anyway.

November 24th, 2005 11:43 PM
LadyJane Voo...I'm feeding the setlist to Shidoobee!!!!

RO to the rescue!!!!!!

LJ.
November 25th, 2005 12:32 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl to the emotional rescue

BTW, I'm sure second song was You Got Me Rocking
November 25th, 2005 12:34 AM
Kurtcobainkid87 You know, this is the first time I've ever posted on this board yet, I've watched it the entire tour. I just joined now though. I went to the Solidier Field show. It was amazing. I saw them at Comiskey Park on the Forty Licks tour too. I live about an hour outside Chicago. I have tickets to both nights at the United Center in Janaury. I hope these sets change a bit more by then. I have really good seats for Night 2 (I won them through the Loop). I'd like to see them play "Salt of the Earth" for Thanksgiving but I doubt it'll happen. Lady Jane, you think things will shake up in January?
November 25th, 2005 01:14 AM
Kurtcobainkid87 If anyone cares, the set is

Start Me Up
It's Only Rock And Roll
Shattered
Tumblin' Dice
Oh No Not You Again
Rain Fall Down
Ruby Tuesday
Midnight Rambler
Night Time Is The Right Time
Slipping Away
Infamy
Miss You
Rough Justice
Get off My Cloud
Honky Tonk Woman
Sympathy
Brown Sugar
JJ Flash
Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction

Straight from Rollingstones.com's Virtual Ticket
November 25th, 2005 03:00 AM
Monkey Woman Funny quotes, here they are! Posted by TongueLady at Shidoobee:
http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm435.showMessage?topicID=11.topic

"QUOTE OF THE NIGHT FROM MICK:
Good thing the Pilgrims killed a turkey way back when, cos if they'd a killed a cat, we'd all be eating pussy tonight!!!
(Not verbatim, but close!) "

ROTFL
November 25th, 2005 05:07 AM
charlotte Rocky Mountain News

URL: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/music/article/0,2792,DRMN_54_4266021,00.html

Evan Semon © News

Sixty-two-year-old frontman Mick Jagger leads the Rolling Stones during their sold-out show at the Pepsi Center on Thursday night. Every Stones tour since the early 1990s has surpassed the one before it, with a sharper focus and tighter playing. The Stones kicked off their Denver performance with a crisp version of Start Me Up. Despite complaints, the $400 ticket price seemed a bargain to be a part of rock 'n' roll history.

Classic Stones keep on rolling
Band proves better with age, worth every penny

By Mark Brown, Rocky Mountain News
November 25, 2005

On paper, it just doesn't work.

The Rolling Stones are this old. The tickets cost that much. And surely these songs must have sounded better live in '72.

As Neil Young once famously observed, sometimes numbers add up to nothing.

Looking even more weathered than recent photos have suggested, the Stones showed the Pepsi Center on Thursday night that age literally doesn't matter.

Each Stones tour since the early '90s has surpassed the one before it. Each tour has a sharper focus than the one before. Unbelievably, the band gets better and tighter as players. Mick Jagger remains every bit the frantic frontman the band needs.

Kicking off with a crisp Start Me Up and scheduled to end with Satisfaction, the Stones came through with two hours of heart-stopping classics that, yes, despite all the complaints were worth $400 per ticket to take part in.

It may have been the envelope-pushing ticket prices or the fact that it was Thanksgiving that kept the show from just barely selling out.

The Stones do stick to the big songs, and with these prices, one could argue the fans have a right to see them. The show has been ending every night with a string of mega-hits, from Sympathy for the Devil to Brown Sugar.

But the band is mixing it up more than it has in the past. For starters, they've got their best album in many a year in A Bigger Bang, and cuts from it such as Rough Justice and Oh No Not You Again are so close to the classic Stones sound that you didn't get the usual rush to the restrooms that new tunes inevitably invite.

The band has also rotated songs in and out in key spots; Thursday night's semi-rarities included Ruby Tuesday (dated but still fun) and an exuberant Get Off Of My Cloud.

It would just be Jagger fronting the world's best cover band, however, if the rest of the band weren't just as passionate. While some bands like The Eagles go for perfect recreations of their studio sound, the Stones are sloppy - sometimes unintentionally, with the occasional flubbed Jagger vocal.

But much of it is intentional. Sure, Keith Richards has played Tumbling Dice a million times before, but that didn't stop him from pushing the chords and notes around a bit, keeping it interesting for himself and the fans. And as he did last tour, Ron Wood continued to amaze; he is long past the days when he could be considered second guitarist to Richards.

Charlie Watts, however, remains the not-so-secret weapon. So many bands take extra percussion or a second drummer on tour. Not the Stones; it was nothing but pure Charlie up there, blasting through Sympathy for the Devil, a surprisingly powerful Ruby Tuesday and absolutely annihilating Midnight Rambler.

Technologically, it surpassed even the Stones' elaborate stadium tours of the past, especially the part where the band rode a large chunk of the stage back to the rear of the arena. They've long done the second-stage bit in the middle of the show, but this allowed them a bigger stage bringing them closer to even more fans.

At press time, the Stones were in that show-ending string of hits, sounding astoundingly fresh. The only complaint one can make is they've got the catalog - and surely the energy - to add another hour to the show. Wish they would.

Mark Brown will discuss the Stones concert with Bret Saunders on 97.3-FM KBCO shortly after 8 a.m. today.

Copyright 2005, Rocky Mountain News. All Rights Reserved.
November 25th, 2005 09:07 PM
Martha Where are the photos?

Martha
November 26th, 2005 01:47 AM
corgi37 Sounds like a show i would like.
November 26th, 2005 03:04 AM
montana
quote:
Martha wrote:
Where are the photos?

Martha

so far there's only one

from rocky montains news

but now that i looked at it again...maybe it's from san diego show..mm dont know, cant find any other pic from denver
[Edited by montana]
November 26th, 2005 12:00 PM
Martha Thanks in advance for posting the pix, looking forward to it.

Martha
November 27th, 2005 01:32 AM
PartyDoll MEG Short and sweet for now. I need to get some sleep.

The guys were almost flawless! They were laughing, happy and obviously having a good time. Highlights for me were RFD and Midnight Rambler (as LJ stated earlier- smokin'!!). Keith and Ronnie were on fire and it was the best Keith performance I've seen this tour. Love Mick's new dance moves! He never disappoints

The funniest highlight: Some guy after the show offered my son $100 for the sweaty, "ugly" Turkey Tongue Shirt he was wearing!!! LJ- I hope the pictures we took turn out for your viewing pleasure....
November 27th, 2005 05:28 PM
PartyDoll MEG Looked for the LadyJane Ugly shirt thread to post this picture, but it is already archived, as well as "show us your Faces" thread. My son said this shirt was so ugly it was cool, so both he and his roommate wore it to the show!! He even turned down the $100 he was offered for it after the show and he is a poor graduate student!!

Roommate Amy, my son Tim, Peggy, and me
November 27th, 2005 07:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Meg! Glad to see a picture of you, you look so young and naive LOL

Now seriously you look like a real party doll
November 27th, 2005 08:15 PM
LadyJane GREAT shot, MEG!!!!!!

Those damn shirts.........I still think they are UGLY!!!!

Thanks again for all the calls from the show.

Can't wait to finally meet you in NYC.

LJ.
November 27th, 2005 10:32 PM
Jaxx as soon as i'm done penning my adventure, i will post as well. the photo above is the photo with the rocky mountain news article posted by charlotte. unfortunatly my camera broke while darryl was posing for me.

here's another bit from the local gossip columnist.

Parker: Stones roll into hotel rooms stashed with cranberry juice, orange soda

Penny Parker
November 26, 2005

When you're a Rolling Stone far away from home it's the little extra touches that keep a rock star smiling.
Mick Jagger and da boyz checked into the Westin Tabor Center on Wednesday with a preorder for their plush rooms (they have preorder peeps, don't you?).

According to my spy, crates of cranberry juice and orange soda pop, along with Cadbury chocolate bars, organic nuts and several arrangements of fresh flowers awaited their arrival.

"It looks more healthy than what I've seen in the past," my spy said. "But even with all the cranberry juice and organic products, they still ordered cases of Marlboros. It's like, who are you trying to kid?"

The Stones and their entourage took over the hotel's 19th floor, which was heavily manned by security guards and off-limits to anyone not connected to the band.

Wednesday night, Rolling Stone Ron Wood slipped into Dazzle, Denver's jazz club at Ninth and Lincoln, to watch the Stones sax player Tim Ries and The Rolling Stones Project show.

"You know that we had a good show here on Wednesday," said Dazzle owner Donald Rossa.

[Edited by Jaxx]
November 27th, 2005 11:35 PM
parmeda
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Funny quotes, here they are! Posted by TongueLady at Shidoobee:
http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm435.showMessage?topicID=11.topic

"QUOTE OF THE NIGHT FROM MICK:
Good thing the Pilgrims killed a turkey way back when, cos if they'd a killed a cat, we'd all be eating pussy tonight!!!

ROTFL

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/12%2D08%2D2003/174018-2.html

Is this the proof we need that Mick reads the board?
(I've been saying that for years!...lmao)
November 27th, 2005 11:48 PM
Jaxx "QUOTE OF THE NIGHT FROM MICK:

LMAO parameda! you posted that here in 03? i'm howling heavily. thanks for repeating it. i've been racking what's left of my brain trying to remember "the pussy" comment mick made that apparently you made first.

November 28th, 2005 01:05 AM
parmeda Hi Jaxx...it's good to see you back again!
And you're most welcome for the laugh, lol

I about died when I saw what MW posted about Mick's quote...I said to myself, "Whoa!" (and had a flashback) I just had to go dig it out of the archives.
November 28th, 2005 07:09 AM
LadyJane LMFAO...........Mick quotes Parmeda. Outstanding!!!

Fun to read that T-day thread from '03. We've been at this for a while, no???

LJ.
November 28th, 2005 03:11 PM
Jaxx
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
LMFAO...........Mick quotes Parmeda. Outstanding!!!

Fun to read that T-day thread from '03. We've been at this for a while, no???

LJ.

you don't know the half of it. and hopefully, we'll continue to be doing this for a long while to come.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)